Does "saved" REALLY Mean "go to heaven"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OwenHeidenreich

1. SOZO
  2. to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction
    1. one (from injury or peril)
      1. to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health
      2. to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue
    2. to save in the technical biblical sense
      1. negatively 1b
    3. to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgment 1b
    4. to save from the evils which obstruct the reception of the Messianic deliverance

IM just kinda confused on why God would use a word like "save" and technically mean "go to heaven"

D

danschance

Saved is the correct term. Without God's forgiveness we would be condemned to hell. Anyone who does not go to hell is saved indeed.

K

kenisyes

You are saved first from your life of being controlled by sin, the second from being separated from God. Since those were the things keeping you out of heaven, you get to go to heaven at the end.

H

Hoffco

Saved, or salvation is a very rich , broad term in the Bible. It is first concerned with our bondage to sin,to a sinful life style. So, Jesus, GOD, Father Son and Holy Spirit, all three person in the God head are involved in our salvation. We are first "Born again" into the family of God, the Kingdom of God. Then second, we are forgiven of our sin, Justified. The order is very important, When God saved me in 1961, I didn't understand all of what God does in salvation , but I was saved this way, Born of God and then forgiven by God. And, of course, my part was to repent, trust Jesus, and obey for the rest of my life, and when I was to die, I would go to Heaven. But Heaven is not our final, eternal home, The New Jerusalem , on the new Earth is our final home with Jesus, in the Father's house on the new earth. More later, Love to all, Hoffco

E

Exoaria

I don't need to articulate anything.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son so that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. ~John 3:16

Who knows why Paul used the word 'saved' to describe that. (The Greek word was indeed 'sōzō' which means 'saved'.) I guess once you get to heaven you can ask him. Go ahead and discuss it by all means, I'm just confirming that the Bible does say that if you believe in Jesus you will be with Him - some people literally start arguing that over these kinds of threads.

H

Hoffco

We really need to teach the whole meaning, from the Bible, on our Salvation, It is twofold. Sanctification and Justification. If we only speak of forgiveness we abort so may sinners from truly getting saved. We deceive them, and they are never converted, unless God over rides our mistake. I was lead astray at first by a, world wide, evangelist, who lead me wrong, and God stepped in to my life and saved me His way. The new birth is totally misrepresented in most of today's churches. We are not born again by receiving Jesus as our Savior. The new birth is a miracle of God, by which He gives us a new, holy nature, so we can walk in His ways, and love God and ask Him for forgiveness in the blood of Jesus. John 3:1-21 is so clear, why do we miss it?, because we follow men, not God's word. First, Jesus told Nicodemus ,You "must be born from above" ,by "the Spirit". Second, you must believe in ME, the Son of God. And vs, 21 tells us, we will never come to Jesus ,the Light, until we are born of God. Why, don't Christians know this great truth? Because they believe the lie of men like Chuck Swindol. Love to all,Hoffco

H

Hoffco

To Exoaria, I understand why your picture broad casts an evil black spirit. Your are like Satan, who twisted and quoted half trues to Jesus, Please , do not let Satan blind you to the truth of God's word. Love Hoffco

H

Hoffco

To my Christian brethren, Please do be careful ,and decern whom you are talking to. Satan can also come as an angel of light, even using wonderful Christians like Church Swindol to teach lies of the Devil. When a person is masked like a demon, it is so obvious; But when Satan comes as an angel of light in the person like Charles Stanley, etc. is it hard to detect satan's lie. For me, it is clear, I am grouned in the Word of God ,but to the average Christian, it is harder for them to be discerning. But ,look for keys words, like "faith only, no works needed" "no holiness needed". Anyone ,who will not agree to: 1. repentance, 2, faith and 3, holiness is teaching a lie. Love to all, Hoffco

E

Exoaria

To Exoaria, I understand why your picture broad casts an evil black spirit. Your are like Satan, who twisted and quoted half trues to Jesus, Please , do not let Satan blind you to the truth of God's word. Love Hoffco
Heaven forbid I should portray myself in an artistic portrait. I may have even.. *gasp* ...used Photoshop to make myself black and white. How morbid and satanic of me. Thank you for making me realize that I am like satan. I will now proceed to repent and throw away all clothing containing the color black and never enjoy photography and aesthetic design again.

On a serious note, Jesus loves me for all my sociopathy and every last bit of art and creativity in my mind.
He also loves you too. These kinds of comments just make me feel unwanted and judged by the Christian community. I'm not going to allow them to ever affect my walk with Jesus though.

R

reject-tech

Few go to heaven.
Saved means you enter the kingdom.
Early right now, or at the end.
Everyone will be in a new Eden, that "salvation" was never an issue.

T

Tintin

One of KJV's friends I assume. Less condemnation, more love in Truth. First of all, Exoaria is cosplaying possibly as a ninja (it's called dressing up in costume for fun). Secondly, you're talking out of your backside when you say you see an evil spirit broadcast from his picture. Finally, he's not quoting half truths. He quoted the whole Bible verse and then gave his thoughts on it.

Last edited by a moderator: