Does the church seem dead to you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
Does the church seem dead to you?

I often wonder when the days of power will return? The days when men and women empowered by God will pass by and people are healed, delivered and empowered to recognize the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...

What did the men of old have that we lack? Yes, there is a time for everything? But you know what; that time will come when we are positioned for it. When God can look at our hearts and find a passion for the things of His Kingdom. When we are actually seeking first His Business then all the things that we want to see will happen...He also likes it alot when we are in one accord, when our individual focus is the same,"exalting the name of Jesus" with every fiber of our being, loving Him with all of our hearts, soul and strength. He cant help but come down when He spots unity because its a flawless reflection of Himslef; for though He is three persons- there is only One God.

May we all surrender totally to Him so that His power will be more manifested in the Earth.

Amen...Love you guys a whole lot. Muah

P

Psalm2713

The church is not dead... but some organs of the Body of Christ need to be brought to life bcause they are dead... :)

T

TDWP22

yes they seem so...i prefer to read the bible on my on than go to a church

T

TDWP22

The church is not dead... but some organs of the Body of Christ need to be brought to life bcause they are dead... :)
he's not talking bout that type of death...

Adrianv125

Jan 17, 2011
The Church is not dead friend. God is working miracles, even in my own congregation. It's just that you are not going to hear it in the news or stuff like that. And I am sure He is doin amazing things all around the world to glorify His name :)

R

Ramon

The Church is not dead friend. God is working miracles, even in my own congregation. It's just that you are not going to hear it in the news or stuff like that. And I am sure He is doin amazing things all around the world to glorify His name :)
Amen. Because the only Church has Jesus as the head, and not the Pastor. THE Church is not dead at all, though many churches are dead, as anywhere without the witness of the Spirit is dead land.

May Jesus bless you.

T

TDWP22

Most of the churches i ve gone have this atmosphere of sadness, nothingness or i just feel tension

Apr 10, 2011
The church will never die. Just because it is not as active in some places does not mean it is not active others.

Adrianv125

Jan 17, 2011
The church isn't found in buildings, though it can gather in them. The church is those individuals in whom the Holy Spirit of God abides and produces fruit in. Not buidings, not denominations.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Most of the churches i ve gone have this atmosphere of sadness, nothingness or i just feel tension

I've found this also. Tension especially. But anytime you get a lot of people together there's going to be tension. Sadness....well sorrow over sin does bring sadness. Nothingness....really bad...can't do anything with apathy.

Finding a church that you really want to attend is hard! I'm not real thrilled with the one I'm attending right now but I've got obligations there. If I was searching, the main thing I would look for is one that had a good Bible teacher. Second, that the Holy Spirit was there....in that people were actually FRIENDLY and showed the fruits of the spirit.

Yet, I've met Pastors that gave excellent lessons but had very few people skills. And there is always a mixture of friendly/unfriendly people. There is no easy solution. But seek and you shall find. If you're sincerely looking for a place to worship and fellowship, God will lead to a place. It won't be perfect...perfection exists only in Heaven.

I think God intends for us to learn and worship as a corporate body (also individually). There is much we learn in such a situation. My knowledge of the Bible increased rapidly when I started attending a Bible-based church. There are ALWAYS a few mature Christians that you can latch onto :)

T

tif

I spent a year and a half seeking a church that I could grow in. For the past five months, I have been going to an AMAZING, Spirit-filled church led by a pastor who doesn't compromise anything. He lays it out flat: Sex before marriage is sin. Don't speak harshly to others. Love. Forgive your friends and your enemies. Don't let the world change you; go out and change the world.

No, the church isn't dead. Some of the congregations I've seen could use some resuscitation, though. ;)

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
Thank guys for your input. But trust me ; I am not attacking the church, I love the church. God is real and alive. This I am sure of. And yes, there are individual churches that are on fire; I also attend a church where God is real. However, I'm looking at the global church and its present condition. God said in His word there is coming a season when many shall fail in their faith. He also advised that we should be paying attention to what is going on, by watching and praying. This is the basis under which I asked the question. Our individual lives may vary according to our own relationship to God. But when Christ looks at His bride what do you think He sees? Is it the church that He is coming back for, the one without spot or wrinkle?

Looking forward to your thoughts

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Thank guys for your input. But trust me ; I am not attacking the church, I love the church. God is real and alive. This I am sure of. And yes, there are individual churches that are on fire; I also attend a church where God is real. However, I'm looking at the global church and its present condition. God said in His word there is coming a season when many shall fail in their faith. He also advised that we should be paying attention to what is going on, by watching and praying. This is the basis under which I asked the question. Our individual lives may vary according to our own relationship to God. But when Christ looks at His bride what do you think He sees? Is it the church that He is coming back for, the one without spot or wrinkle?

Looking forward to your thoughts

I think it will always have spots, wrinkles, dents, parts missing, etc. as long as it's on a fallen earth with a fallen creation. The trick is for Christians to keep it as alive as possible.

Trials build character and faith, if handled the right way.

My husband says the strongest church is the persecuted church...like in china, India,etc.