Dogs Returning To Their Vomit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2023
Apr 7, 2014
May is very busy for my family with lots of celebrations going and stuff! I will write back as soon as I can! 🥳

🍈
I don't recall writing, "Lots of stuff based on scholars but not necessarily on how God sees things as stated plainly in the Bible." :oops:
Feel free to write back whenever you get a chance and enjoy spending time with your family. :)

Jul 24, 2016
Atheists and non-believers always want "context" for every verse. However, the true believer knows that the Bible is the true word of God.

Therefore, we hang on to every word in the Bible.

Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

The Atheist looks at this verse and demands more context to prove it is true. The true believer already knows it's true and will quote it to other believers as both a gift and a reminder of who Jesus is.

This may sound harsh, but the Bible was not written to prove God's existence. Nor was it written for Atheists and non-believers.

If you are struggling with the need for "context" for every verse, I would urge you, my friend, to examine your heart and ask why it is so. Everyone—including the most prominent pastors, elders, and teachers—has, at one time or another, struggled with unbelief concerning the Bible. Maybe you are going through that right now, to some degree. :)
(y) good post.. But i think you have misunderstood.. I am not an atheist or an unbeliever. Nor am i struggling with the need for context.. I have read the Bible and refer to it most days so i enjoy all the context God has given through His word.. My reply was about not basing ones beliefs on one verse here and another verse there but taking the entire Word of God to have the right context..