Don't know what to do...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mamabearxx

Hello... my name is Christina. My husband is disabled physically and mentally, cant get a job. We have a baby girl named samantha, and we are homeless. I live in a womans shelter with our daughter, my husband out on the streets due to so many crazy people at the mens shelter... before my husband was unable to work, he was the one that worked. Then he lost his job due to not being able to handle the pain. I have no experience, we are both looking for work. He has no address to put, but I do. I have been trying so hard to get a job but even after an interview i never get called back. I don't know what to do... my husband is out there in the cold and rain. I cant even get a job at the most low income of places... In the interview i freeze up under the pressure. I met another girl that does the same thing and she says i might have anxiety.

I just wish someone would take my hand and guide me step by step through this. I love God, I even call him Papa, but I do not know what he wants me to do. I don't know how to figure out what he wants. I cant find someone willing to help us...

H

hattiebod

Hello... my name is Christina. My husband is disabled physically and mentally, cant get a job. We have a baby girl named samantha, and we are homeless. I live in a womans shelter with our daughter, my husband out on the streets due to so many crazy people at the mens shelter... before my husband was unable to work, he was the one that worked. Then he lost his job due to not being able to handle the pain. I have no experience, we are both looking for work. He has no address to put, but I do. I have been trying so hard to get a job but even after an interview i never get called back. I don't know what to do... my husband is out there in the cold and rain. I cant even get a job at the most low income of places... In the interview i freeze up under the pressure. I met another girl that does the same thing and she says i might have anxiety.

I just wish someone would take my hand and guide me step by step through this. I love God, I even call him Papa, but I do not know what he wants me to do. I don't know how to figure out what he wants. I cant find someone willing to help us...
You are having a really tough time. I know many will read your post and I know prayers will be said for you and your precious family. It is great you have sent a post in here. you are right, getting a helping, guiding hand is what you need but this is a chat room, so maybe not the depth of support you really need right now? you should speak to a worker in the refuge? They will have counsellors, social workers etc and be able to sign post to other agencies that may be useful to you? discuss those needs with them in person? There are agencies that I am sure could be called upon to support your husband too, especially as he has such complex needs. I am sure you do love the Lord and even through the dark times, He is with us. He does not promise us an easy life and you are certainley having a challenging time so reach out and get all the practical help you can. God Bless you. <><

A

Ariel82

have you found a home church?

you may find people willing to hold you hand and help your do practice interviews so that you don't freeze up at a local church.

if nothing else you could go and pray and God may show you what you need to do.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
A social worker can probably find you the help you need. Have your gone to social services in your area? There's programs that are available to help you find work and daycare. They can probably also help your husband.

Attending church can give you a lot of spiritual support and also may help you find a program that can assist you. Praying that God comforts and guides you...He loves you very much.

N

Nancyer

I agree with Lucy68. You need to check in with your local social services. I'm surprised the woman's shelter hasn't had you do this already, our shelters here require it and help you get started. Ask about it, find out who to see, where to go. There will be lots of forms to fill out but most of them have someone to help you do that if you can't or don't understand the questions.

Finding a local church is good for your social and emotional support as well as spiritually. They may have resources as well.

You have a lot to do but God will see you through it if you let Him. We will pray for you all and that your husband finds help and you can be a family again.

D

destinyinjesus86

Hi there,
Had a lot of problems in the past. Faced serious anxiety issues. You could view videos on the net that could help you oveecome nervousness while facing interviews. Example:you tube videos. Tell you what. You seriously need to find a local church near you. If there is not one maybe you could write to a christian website or speak to a senior member of cc . Am sure someone would help you. From where are you???

M

mamabearxx

Thank-you so much everyone, and some really good advice. I will try to find a good church, I'm still new to this area. what do you guys think about how to go about finding a good church?

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Do you have a denominational preference? Community churches are considered non-denominational but usually the leadership is following a particular one.

I would just start visiting local churches. Visit several and more than once. Some bigger churches have two services...one that is more contemporary and the other is more traditional. People who are new to Christian beliefs usually go to the contemporary service (sometimes called seeker services).

Do you know someone who is a Christian? Maybe you can visit their Church. It does help to have someone you can talk to in person.

Good for you :).

A

Ariel82

i'm not sure its the best way to choose a church

but I just attend ones my kids are comfortable with and who have people I would trust to teach my kids about Jesus: people who display maturity and the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self control.

I walk into a service, pray, be myself and see if people accept me for me. I like churches with good Bible studies personally.

J

jody50

i'm not sure its the best way to choose a church

but I just attend ones my kids are comfortable with and who have people I would trust to teach my kids about Jesus: people who display maturity and the fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and self control.

I walk into a service, pray, be myself and see if people accept me for me. I like churches with good Bible studies personally.
It might be good if you studied your Bible and try and find the church that believes what God says to. If they teach Hearing, Believing in God, Repenting of you sins, Confess Jesus and being baptized. Acts 2:38 says Repent and be baptized for the remission of your sins. I know the church of Christ teaches that.