doubt? kind of but not really

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jakester8194

So this is what I've been struggling with lately. I know absolutely god is for real but the last week or so its like everytime I see someone argue against him I start to doubt, well part of me does wich the other part of me strongly dislikes because its stupidity I really want to love god but these little doubts always slip in just enough to not allow it. Any help?

MartyrNdaMaKn

Jan 22, 2013
The best thing you can do Jakester is to continue to lean on the Lord, we have all gone through situations were we allowed some sort of doubt in, we are only human, and that is why we need always to cling to the word of God, for his word is true and everlasting. Hope this helps, but feel free to message me if you still need to talk. God Bless.

GregoryC

Feb 5, 2014
Been through this struggle also and found that I believed all along. The enemy is very subtle and is always looking to unsettle us and shake our faith if he can. The Good news is the Holy Spirit confirms your faith in Jesus telling you not to believe the lies the enemy spews.
I have in times past been led by the Spirit in times of weakness to say out loud "Jesus I believe" and I repent of all unbelief.
Worked for me.

Oct 26, 2013
There are reasons to doubt...it is sad but true...nevertheless there are MORE reasons to believe. :)

Dec 9, 2013
So this is what I've been struggling with lately. I know absolutely god is for real but the last week or so its like everytime I see someone argue against him I start to doubt, well part of me does wich the other part of me strongly dislikes because its stupidity I really want to love god but these little doubts always slip in just enough to not allow it. Any help?
Why do you absolutely know god is for real? Who told you god is real?
What do you mean by argue against him? Are you talking about christianity or gods existence in general.

My christian response to you would be this:
Read the bible and have faith that what it says is true. If you convince yourself of the truth of Gods word then God will become more real to you and so will your love for Him.

As a skeptic I say that the bible cannot always be relied upon as truth thus your doubts may indeed be warranted.

Take from this what you will.