Down and so tempted to get discouraged

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

strawberryfizz

Please pray for me. I have been a Christian for quite a long time but the struggles I am facing now are overwhelming. My husband and I opened a business last year and it has been doing quite well as we have dedicated it to the Lord. But just last month, July 2012, sales began to go down quite drastically we had barely enough to pay the bills with no savings left at all. Aside from that, weve been praying for my husband's promotion (coz he has a regular job) but weve been waiting since January. We are struggling financially because we need to pay for the house that was built on loan plus the utilities in it as well as the bills at our business place. I used to work as a fitness instructor but had to stop per doctors advise because were trying to get pregnant. And so that adds to our financial constraint. Our landlord where we rented the place for our business has increased the rent. The place is actually very small and our client feedback proves we need a bigger one. We found one weeks ago. But just when we decided to get it, the owner told us someone else is taking it at a higher price. The problem now is that, the supposed renter hasnt showed up until now snd the place is still vacant. That explains why the owner asked if we could bid for a higher price. However we honestly told him that the business is still new and we can only afford a rate slightly higher than what was initially offered to us. He said hed think about it but he hasnt called up yet. Its been about three days now. We are still hoping and praying we get it because then we can offer better services.
Thank you, whoever is taking the time to read this. I am running out of ideas to boost our income.

R

Risen

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray for financial breakthrough for Strawberryfizz and her partner. Your words says in 2 Corinthian 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich." I pray that you grant them their heart desire to operate their business for your glory. Lord I pray that you let the landlord call them and give them the section that they need for their business. I also pray that Strawberryfizz husband gets the promotion that they have been praying for. I pray that you give them peace and harmony within their heart and let them declare that you are bigger than their problems. I pray that they declare that you are the answer to all our problems. I pray that you allow them to experience life to the full as you have said in John10:10. Give back their joy and remove all worries from their heart and mind. Give them wisdom and understanding so that they will operate their business in accordance with your will. Give them vision and creativity so that they discover new ways of expanding their business dear Lord.

I also pray that you shield them, their family, their business in your blood. Thankyou dear Lord for hearing my prayer and thank you for the financial breakthrough that you are bringing to Strawberryfizz and her partner. Thankyou for the promotion that her partner recieved. It is my prayer dear heavenly Father that this couple will seek to honour you in all that they do and bring glory to your name. Dear Lord Strawberryfizz said that she has been waited for 3 days for the call from the landlord. Let her be reminded that you were 4 days late to Larzarus funeral and yet you were on time. Dear Lord, Mary and Martha were praying that you heal their brother but you had something bigger for them, you resurrected their brother. It may seems to Strawberryfizz that windows of opportunity is closing in, please dear Lord let her know that you alone can create river in the dessert and foot path in the ocean. You work best when we exhausted all our wisdom.
Dear heavenly Father, I pray that you bless Strawberryfizz and her husband so that they can be a blessing to others. I ask all these things in the mighty name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen

Malachi 3:8-10 Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask, How do we rob you? In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse - the whole nation of you - because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

R

Risen

Dear Strawberryfizz
If you read 1 Samuel 30:6-8 Despite the fact that David was greatly distressed he encourage himself in the Lord and he seek guidance and direction from HIm. In return God told him to persue the army that has taken all his belongings for he will recover them. When David persue the enemy, he not only recover all that was stolen from them but he also bring back much more from the enemy's camp. Double blessing for his trouble

Isaiah 61:7 Instead of their shame my people will recieve a double portion and instead of disgrace the will rejoice in their inheritance and so they will inherit a double portion in their land and everlasting joy will be theirs.

Claim this as your promise from God and life the rest of your life honouring his wonderful name.

I know that all is well with you. Praise the Lord and shout halleluiah and give glory to his name.

Two years a ago, my husband left me and our six kids, we lost our business and we lost one of our property. Today, I trust God that he will return all that the devil has taken from me plus more. Double portions...... It is happening right now!!! above all else God saved me and He gave me back my joy. I can see it happening to you too. I can not wait to hear the good news of how the Lord restore the unspeakable joy back to both of your lives.

S

shekaniah

Praying for God to send blessings and wisdom your way!
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

S

strawberryfizz

Thank you so much for your prayer and encouragement. Every word of it has lifted my spirit, it's like finding a new reason to hope again.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for all you ask in Jesus Christ is Lord.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

S

strawberryfizz

And now, just when business isnt doing so well, a lot of other bills pile up, demanding to get paid.... Oh God help us

P

psychomom

We had many times years ago when I was just about in despair (and actually there) over needs so great with no way in sight.
Sister Risen has, I think, hit on a strong truth in that the Lord likes for us, and for all watching, to know the answer we need comes from Him, and isn't anything we could have worked up in our own strength--so sometimes He asks us to wait patiently.
I have asked the Lord for all you need, and for His perfect will in your lives. I trust Him, and His love for you. I also ask that you will find rest, and not slip into doubt that He knows you, and hears you, and loves you. I'm pretty sure we have all experienced the Lord's answers for us happening at, what seems to us to be 11:59:59, but what is, to Him (and thus in real reality) right on time. :)
I pray you will be given the faith you need for this trial, dear one. No matter how things look in the temporal, Your Abba has already taken care of all you need. We just don't yet see it. ♥
~ellie

R

Risen

Dear Heavenly father I pray that you comfort Strawberryfizz and give her the strength and the courage to put her Trust in you and for her to seek your help and guidance in this trouble times. Dear Lord, I uphold Strawberryfizz in my prayers for I know that you alone can call all the waves of life that is overwhelming her to calm down. In Jesus Name Amen.

Ps 112: 1-7 Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in his commands. His Children will be mighty in the land. the generation of the upright will be blessed. Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever. Even in darkness, light dawns for the upright for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man . Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely. Who conducts his affairs with justice. Surely he will never be shaken, a righteousness man will be remembered for ever. He will have no fear of bad news his heart is steadfast in trusting in the lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.

Have no fear for the spirit of the Lord is with you.

May you be blessed to be a blessing!!

O

oracle2world

I think you need to cut expenses, like right this minute, and play some hardball with your landlord before you end up on food stamps. That new tenant? You seen any paper or evidence they even exist? If they were so anxious for the space they would have at least shown up to look at it.

So tell your landlord you will negotiate a lower rate, and vacate immediately if you do not get it. At the least get a MUCH lower rate for the time until the new renter (if they exist or have not backed out by now) shows up. The deal you are presenting to your landlord is some money versus nothing he would get. Until his new tenant shows up if they exist and have not backed out by now.

If your sales have dropped off in your locale, it means everyone's sales have dropped in your locate. If your landlord said he would think about it a few days, it means he is really worried his new tenant has reneged on the deal. Otherwise he would have told you an answer immediately. If he is bidding space up, you can give him a "counter offer" and bid the space down. You have to bid it down in any case to match your sales. Either you get the lower rate or you are out of business anyway. Nothing to lose. Don't worry about your landlord's feelings. He does not have any.

Times are bad and no one is really bidding up space nowadays. You are going to have a baby, your landlord is kicking you out anyway, so find out what the business situation really is. I have a brother-in-law that did this. Choice of him starting his own business, or going in with some others on a single business. The original offer he said forget it, he would start his own business, they caved, and he got the deal he was looking for.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but if you do not play by the rules of business, maybe you should not be playing the game. That is just the cold hard truth. So reach deep, draw on your faith, and start playing the game like it is supposed to be played.

And please really really understand this. If you do not start hitting some line drives back at the pitcher, no one in business is going to take you seriously. Ultimately success is just how bad you want it. You faith will enable you to go a lot further than you ever thought possible - so draw on it and whatever happens, happens.

S

sound7

" You are true to your name, Immanuel, God with us. This name proclaimed at Your birth was also hailed at Your ascension. You are with us always; with us, not against us; with us not absent from us; with us, not ablivious to us. You are indeed " our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." And if You are with us, who can stand against us? As the father commissioned Moses to bring His people into freedom with the words' I AM,: so YOU, Lord Jesus, have commissioned us with the same words, " I AM" to bring those who are slaves to sin into the promised freedom of new Life in Christ. And so we go forth in Your authority to raise up a spiritual army, to build up your glorious church and to lift up your magnificent name among the nations.
(Ex 3:1-14; Ps 46:1; Mat 1:23; Rom 8:31)

Blessed be His name in your LIFE AMEN and business.

S

strawberryfizz

Thank you all, for your replies. I appreciate each one of you taking the time to read my request/concern and respond to it and also praying for me. It truly helps a lot to know someone somewhere cares and stands with you in faith and prayer. Next week we will need even more provision for some yearly government requirements. Amazingly we had high sales last night. The highest so far since the start of midyear. We hope and pray it continues as we are in desperate need right now.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for peace and calmness for you, sister, during these financial difficulties....may God lead you in your decision making and smooth out the bumps for you and your husband :) .

S

shekaniah

Thank you all, for your replies. I appreciate each one of you taking the time to read my request/concern and respond to it and also praying for me. It truly helps a lot to know someone somewhere cares and stands with you in faith and prayer. Next week we will need even more provision for some yearly government requirements. Amazingly we had high sales last night. The highest so far since the start of midyear. We hope and pray it continues as we are in desperate need right now.
Thank you for the update!
Praying for continued blessings to come your way...