Drugs

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lightningstar

I'm 15 and I go to a Christian school and this boy who's older then me keeps offering me drugs. I say no every time which I'm thankful for ,but here's what I need prayer for I want to minister to him and show him the love of Christ. He pretends to be a Christian and gets upset when it is suggested otherwise ,but I and many other students can tell he is not. Please pray for him and me.

Because of Calvary,
Rory R. Roberts

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you and the boy for all wisdom for you in witness, and all salvation in Jesus for him.

God bless:)
pickles

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
The Biblical prohibition on drugs is because they open you up spiritually; that's why they are so prevalent in witchcraft and the like. This kid should not be offering drugs in any school, much less a Christian one. You should quietly let a teacher or counselor know about him. It's not to be a rat, but if he's offering it to you he's offering it elsewhere too.

P

psychomom

Rory, bless your sweet heart!
I thank God for giving you the strength to obey Him
and refuse the drugs,
and for giving you love for this older boy. :)

Sometimes the most loving thing to do is what does not appear loving to our flesh.
When a parent disciplines a child, the child does not feel loved at the time,
but comes to see that love is the motivator in it.
I do think you should at least pray about speaking to an adult about this,
out of love for others. Who knows to whom this boy may offer drugs,
for it may be a child without your firm resolve to refuse, dear one.
If you trust your parents with this, that would be well.
Or perhaps there is a teacher, or school counselor you trust?

I understand the consequences of what I suggest, and do not say it lightly.
If you can put yourself in a parent's place...think how glad you as a dad would be
to know there was one child at your child's school who stood for righteousness and love? :)
And who knows but that making an adult aware of this might save the older boy's life?
if not literally, then perhaps his future, or even more, his eternal life?

Sorry to preach at you, beloved of your Father. :)
I will surely pray for you, and for this other boy.

the Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face shine on you,
and be gracious to you, the Lord turn His face toward you, and give you peace. (Numbers 6:24-26)
-ellie

jb

Feb 27, 2010
... You should quietly let a teacher or counselor know about him....
Very important you do this, as well as pray for him!

This must be stopped quickly...who knows how many other kids have accepted his invitation to use drugs...

T

toby

I will definitely pray for you and that person at school :)

And as advice for ministering to him, you could give him maybe give him some christian tracks with verses on it (notably verses on drugs), like the following:

I Corinthians 15:33
Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”

I Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Romans 14:1-3

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

This last verse is a good one to keep in your own thoughts, as you critique someone, to not point the finger exactly, but lead him out of trouble that he is in.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Remember this verse, and understand that if he doesn't take root to what you are witnessing to him, then keep in mind that you planted a seed, and that overall God is in control, and doesn't want to see anyone perish.

J

Jordache

Good advice! I was a teen like you took my years ago, but not too long ago to remember. First, you simply must tell an adult. It's not your job to save this classmate. As mug as you want to love him, which is honorable, there are rules for our safety and ultimately his safety. Consider that not telling someone may actually put someone else or him in danger. You do not know his supplier. What if his drugs are laced or he sells to a desperate it inexperienced user and they OD of have an allergic reaction? What if his parents are selling, using or making these drugs? Not telling an adult is hurting him more. The best way to love this kid and point him to Jesus is to make him accountable to his actions.
Secondly, be careful in judging someone salvation. Perhaps he is not saved, but perhaps he is. Perhaps, at such a young age he is simply broken and without guidance. A drug addict is no worse than a liar, but most people would never say a lying teen isn't saved.