dumb questions I was emailed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:”

Romans 5:12
I think as creationists, we have to be careful to address the knowns and leave unknowns to the realm of, If God thought it important for us to know those details, He would have told us. I'm of the view that most of the fossils were deposited during the great WW flood and shortly there after. This thread reminds me of a counter to the claim that no death occured prior to the fall. This is a claim by many creation science teachers.
We certainly know from Romans 5 that this is true of people. As to plant, insect and animals....

A. We don't have to have millions of years of death to explain fossil layers.
B. We can prove in a very short time that fossils are formed rapidly. The hypothesis that fossils require vast amounts of time is disproven by simple decay. I have fern leaves that have already decayed to a degree in my yard since they died a month ago. I have fossils of fern prints that look like fresh specimens. Give them 2 years and there would be no recognizable organic material. Any gardener and farmer who uses mulch knows that, but many college professors do not.
There are experiments that can produce fossils, so that primary grades can conduct them and have results.

Anyhow, there's no offense taken by any points presented. I hope the same is true concerning this. I used to teach wildlife education and biology, so this thread is of interest.
The OP has some funny points that should make the creation scientific evangelists stop and consider.