DYING OF HUNGERRR!!! HELP

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MonicaLopez

AM in Desperate need of gods presence! but i am thinking i lost my hunger!
which i do not want! how am i supposed to get the hunger! am reading his word trying to look for it but NOTHING!! please! someone any one :/ give me advise...

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying that the 'hunger' does come back for you sweetie.

Keep in mind that our emotions are very changeable....we can be moody and remote sometimes. But that doesn't mean that we don't love God.

That's why it's important to stay 'obedient' and 'faithful' to pursuing God, even when we don't necessarily feel like it. Because the next day we can 'feel' totally different.

I know this is a motherly thing to say but it's true:

Eating right, getting enough sleep (on a regular schedule), and exercising really does make a difference in our moods and can affect our relationship with others (even God) :)

You may be already doing this...I just know my children don't :( .

Praying for you...that God will reach down and give you a big bear hug ;)

U

Ugly

We all go through these periods. This is where our faith grows. Its when we feel we have nothing to believe, yet we persevere and believe anyways, that God grows us, and when we come out of it, we're stronger than ever. They're hard times, but worth it in the long run.

M

MonicaLopez

Thank you<3

A

answers

Something that has worked for me and others who I have passed this on to, is having an understanding of why we take part in other things, what is the drive behind them?

Well something I noticed that each desired thing I had some sort of selfish connection, in other words it gave to me.
So, what I do in my low periods is get on the Internet and type in bible verses that pertain to something I am going through and vuwola -sp, I all of a sudden am interested (hungry) in his word.

Example of my search would be, bible verses on selfishness. You then would get verses like:

Psalm 119:36
Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.

Proverbs 18:1
An unfriendly man pursues selfish ends; he defies all sound judgment.

Romans 2:8
But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.

Romans 15:1-2
We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

1 Corinthians 13:4-6
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

Galatians 5:19-21
The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Philippians 1:17
The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.

Philippians 2:1-4
If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

James 3:13-15
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil.

James 3:16-17
For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

O

onoma

AM in Desperate need of gods presence! but i am thinking i lost my hunger!
which i do not want! how am i supposed to get the hunger! am reading his word trying to look for it but NOTHING!! please! someone any one :/ give me advise...
Read the sixth chapter of John and notice what is being said in each verse. If this does't do it, try reading the whole book of John.

Jun 8, 2012
I pray for each and every one who is hungry Spiritually as well as Physically. God is near to those that are of a broken and contrite spirit. Remember, when we are down to NOTHING, GOD is up to SOMETHING.

W

wwjd_kilden

I do think reading His word is a very good way of awakening your appetite, but maybe you need to combine it with something?
I for my part love to just sit down and read, maybe you like better to hear something read aloud by others? or in the form of music? If so, maybe that can make you more "hungry" than reading ?

Mar 18, 2011
I recommend the book"more than a carpenter" by Josh Mcdowell. Nothing like a kick start to the faith to get our ol' spiritual hunger flowing :)

S

strawberryfizz

Praying for God's guidance upon you.
He will meet your need as you seek Him with all your heart :)

May I suggest, tommy tenney's book THE GOD CHASERS. It's a good read too...especially talking about hunger for God's presence.

Jul 29, 2012
Sometimes the lord makes us lay in green pastures. This is time to relax. Jesus knows how much your thrust for knowledge, but he also knows we need rest. It keeps our mind sharp. See maybe something is coming up and he needs you sharp, maybe it time to reflect on the things you have learned. maybe he wants to give you a deeper understand of those and he doesn't need you moving on until you understand that.

Look the bottom line is if you love Jesus and accept him as your lord and savior he knows this and has your best interest at heart. What I do when I come across these times when I feel a million miles away from the lord I just get down on my knees and humble myself to him and just praise him for everything he has done for me. I just tell him I love him and thanks.

S

sally26

I am praying for you!

Matthew 5:6
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.

Psalm 107:9
For He satisfies the longing soul,
And fills the hungry soul with goodness.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
We all go through these periods. This is where our faith grows. Its when we feel we have nothing to believe, yet we persevere and believe anyways, that God grows us, and when we come out of it, we're stronger than ever. They're hard times, but worth it in the long run.
Good words ugly! :)
So true, when we persivere, even when there is no hunger or feelings, this is because Jesus is bringing you to know Him not in feelings, but in Spirit! :)
More perfect and very eternal!
Just keep running the race, fighting the good fight, for all leads to seeing face to face!

God bless :)
pickles