Easter please skip me this year:(

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I honestly don't care about any pagen thing about easter. I have always hated easter and I am dreading it coming for me.... I am literally counting down the days, maybe I can seal myself in a small room this year and skip it entirely. hmmm....

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
Is easter really that big of a deal in our culture today? Sure, I see chocolate bunnies and easter baskets in the stores, but it's just not the big deal that Christmas is.

I celebrate the Resurrection that day anyway, so all the cultural/pagan stuff is simply irrelevant. I turn off (in my head) so much of modern culture anyway, what's one more thing?

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
In what way does Easter come for you? My friends just use it for a day to remind me of the resurrection of Jesus and how just as the egg represents new life, so we too have new life in Him. So every card I get has this message - and I like to see the cards. What matters if some day called Easter brings this about?

I love the Easter Lilies to remind me that He is the "Lily of the Valley".

Use the day any way you want.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I don't celebrate Easter anymore..don't even eat Easter candy.. when I was little, our family woud go to the sunrise Easter service..I remember it being very cold out..lol.. :) I'm sure someone will take issue with this but I'm gonna say it anyway: it doesn't matter if a holiday is pagan or not. If you wanna celebrate, then do so, and if not, then don't.. but don't judge those people who do celebrate holidays..

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
In what way does Easter come for you? My friends just use it for a day to remind me of the resurrection of Jesus and how just as the egg represents new life, so we too have new life in Him. So every card I get has this message - and I like to see the cards. What matters if some day called Easter brings this about?

Easter is different to different ppl. some say its to celebrate Jesus' ressurection but in our world even amongst some Christians thats not what its about at all its about hunting eggs candy and bunnies. plus you have no idea what its like at my house.....

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Since this thread is fading....can I tell you what I know about the Easter Bunny then?

Little known facts about the Easter Bunny:

He collects stamps.

He is allergic to chocolate. (that was hard for me wrap my mind around, too)

He once ran for president, back in '62.....which is weird, because I'm pretty sure that wasn't even an election year?

Every year, he comes out of his hole, and if he sees his shadow, .....6 more weeks of Spring.

He is in the middle of restoring a Dodge Challenger.

He was one of the original "8 reindeers", but Santa let him go back in 1908, due to North Pole budget cuts.:(

That's all I know for now, sorry.

Last edited:
D

DesiredHaven

bunny_butt_hurts.jpg

No wonder he doesnt like chocolate lol

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
No wonder he doesnt like chocolate lol
Right?

I think it's completely normal for grown men to dress up in creepy bunny outfits, and hide brightly colored chicken eggs
...in grass....tall grass.

Actually, my daughter loves it....and I love watching her enjoy it.

.......I just tell her to not look directly into the bunny's eyes when he hands her the candy.
It might give her nightmares.:(

D

DesiredHaven

Right?

I think it's completely normal for grown men to dress up in creepy bunny outfits, and hide brightly colored chicken eggs
...in grass....tall grass.

Actually, my daughter loves it....and I love watching her enjoy it.

.......I just tell her to not look directly into the bunny's eyes when he hands her the candy.
It might give her nightmares.:(
Yep, I must say I had so much fun hiding those eggs and watching mine get all excited about finding them too lol

I would get the plastic eggs and fill each one with "stuff", and she would find one and then shake it vigorously (and knew she had even more to look forward to) "opening them" and seeing what was inside.

I recall it was very challenging to find small enough stuff to fit in each egg (with as many as I would hide)

She might have been a little hesitent with Elmo but she sort of freaked out near the easter bunny, I think she found him a little creepy.

She didnt mind the chocolate, but Elmo was far more cooler with her.

I recall my own grandfather (one Easter) tell me (while we were eating) that he shot the Easter bunny by accident that night (thinking he was a burglar) and didnt want him to go to waste so he had grandmom cook him up (lol!)

I was like... scream2.jpg

My grandfather was a real kidder, but he was the kind that would torture you with his humor, at a time you when you were too young to "get it" lol I never forgot he did that, I was around 4 or 5 that has always stayed with me

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
I honestly don't care about any pagen thing about easter. I have always hated easter and I am dreading it coming for me.... I am literally counting down the days, maybe I can seal myself in a small room this year and skip it entirely. hmmm....
hey you can be like me and just treat every holiday just as another day.

P

psychomom

na, I have always treated holidays and birthdays as nothing special, just another day.
in our family, we're kinda close to that.
Hallmark 'holidays'? blah

b'days and the rest? we get to them when we get to them. :)

S

Siberian_Khatru

Check out Jesus Shaves by David Sedaris. Totally changed my outlook on Easter.

M

MadParrotWoman

I love Easter! Resurrection Sunday, time off work and chocolate. What's not to like? Way better than Christmas - less stressful.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
I don't celebrate Easter anymore..don't even eat Easter candy.. when I was little, our family woud go to the sunrise Easter service..I remember it being very cold out..lol.. :) I'm sure someone will take issue with this but I'm gonna say it anyway: it doesn't matter if a holiday is pagan or not. If you wanna celebrate, then do so, and if not, then don't.. but don't judge those people who do celebrate holidays..

On an individual basis I certainly agree that we are called to discernment not to judgement.

On an issue basis, I think that if we look at what Scripture says about intermixing pagan elements with God honoring worship; I believe that it quickly becomes evident that God is NOT PLEASED with the practice

I don't think we should stop commemorating the resurrection; but I think we should systematically de-paganize our observances.

Changing the name to Resurrection Sunday is a good start. Moving our observance back to the Sunday after Passover would also be appropriate.

Verbally dissociating our observance from fertility rites and symbols is most important.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I, and my church, will certainly celebrate Resurrection Sunday. Praising God for all of His bountiful gifts, and for His undying love and grace. Praising our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for His work on the Cross that allows us to be worthy of being called the children of God.