Eat drink tommorrow we die

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
The Bible tells us that if we do not believe we should eat and drink for tommorrow we die. That says alot. Enjoy today. Why do we never tell sinners this?

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I guess it's because we would rather see them make heaven their home than to be trapped in the worthless prisons of temporary pleasures and bondages of this world.

N

nathan3

The Bible tells us that if we do not believe we should eat and drink for tommorrow we die. That says alot. Enjoy today. Why do we never tell sinners this?

The subject was started in , I Corinthians 15: 12 .

Some people were under the impression that there was no life after death. So Paul was making the point here:
Paul was saying " If he did not believe what we preached, and there is no life after death, we are all most miserable people ( verse 19 ) we are all in our sins, and we will all perish . So we might as well live it up. because tomorrow were all dead.

But that is Not the case, he continues on to say Christ did defeat death in verse 20. If you noticed in verse 30-31, he said he risk his life every our, he daily risk his life. For what he has witnessed and believes.

Paul then follows up with:
33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Bad company is the ruin of good spiritual character.

34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Being ignorant of God's words is a shame.

He then gets into teaching them about what happens when some one dies.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2011
The "eat drink and be merry" doesn't work at all, from what I have seen. In our neighborhood, those parties often end up in a big fight with the police called. Loving family Christian celebrations usually are also filled with real, lasting joy.