Education at the Cost of Innocence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mammachickadee

It is commonplace in today's culture for one to expose himself to what is certainly filth just for the sake of educating his mind on the world's depravity. Might I cite the recent thread(s) concerning a modern secular musical diva who insists on entertaining or repulsing the world with her not-so-well-played-shock-factor performances. How many went and watched the performances of one Miley Cyrus after hearing how lurid her dancing was or how cocky her attitude is? What was your motive for doing so? Was it out of doubt that such exposure would occur on the MTV awards? Was it out of curiosity concerning the ''attempt at seduction'' described? Was it simply to know what all the fuss was about? Was it because, heaven forbid, you were desiring in the flesh to get a peek of something just because everyone else seemed to have done so? Regardless of the ''why'' a concerned heart must point out that some things are worthy of exercising self control. Is an education on a current topic of such marked turpitude really worth making Christ bleed (for that is exactly what it took to remove such vileness from your heart)? With God as our Father one would think such warnings of ungodliness would be enough to dissuade one from succumbing to the temptation of setting a wicked thing before ones eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zaoman32

I find it odd that throughout the book of proverbs and the bible in general that it says the wicked will be forgotten, and there names erased, and yet we live in a culture now where we quite literally worship evil. We cover shootings with tragic endings on the news, and yet the ones where the shooter is actually caught and taken care of before anything bad happens, is lucky to get half a day of coverage. Or, as you mentioned, we ignore anything decent that might have taken place, and focus on a teen idol selling sex, which to be honest, is that really new?

Anyway, we load this stuff all over the internet and tv, and all that but. It's said to be in an effort to "raise awareness" but all we're really doing is giving it air to breathe. The more we obsess about these things the more we're going to see them all over the place.

Thanks for posting and sharing :)

M

Mammachickadee

Exactly. One really does feed the flame simply by acknowledging specifics about such a thing. I almost didn't even want to specify which incident of grossness i was referring to.

S

Share55

Well that is the first I've heard of it. I guess the young people I know aren't really into that sort of thing but we live in a world with much pain and heartache and I guess who wants to add to it what has originally caused us to be where we are at.
I see our young people struggling to get into a world of respect and righteousness and youth beckoning others of their generation to flee from drama and indecent, immoral acts.

I feel that people are according to how they are brought up and there just doesn't seem to be raves over these 'idols' and many of them are turning back to country and western music as it usually ends up.

I also see on facebook friends calling others not to post horrendous acts so as not to feed the fire so I believe there is movement towards morality at least in our corner of the world.

T

Tintin

The photos are all over the news sites, you don't even have to go looking for them. Sure, I struggle with temptation but I didn't watch the video or go looking for trouble. Educating oneself is a good idea but it's important to use discernment.

M

Mammachickadee

That it is.