ELDERLY PARENTS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shirley

IF YOU HAD ELDERLY PARENTS WOULD YOU STICK THEM IN A NURSING HOME OR TAKE CARE OF THEM LIKE THEY TOOK OF US ?

D

Daniel94

Depends on the situation. In my grandmothers case when she came off of life support the first time the doctor said she would basically need 24hr care. She already lived with us too and had lived with us for awhile. Anyways, the only option was a nursing home. Of course we visited every weekend.

If I had to choose between a home for my parents or them living with me I would definitely let them live with me if I could properly care for them. If I had to put them in a nursing home I would definitely visit every chance I got.

Dec 19, 2009
Some people need round-the-clock care. If you need to work for a living, you might need to place a parent in a nursing home.

M

Miri

It does very much depend on the circumstances and the people involved.
I live with my elderly aunt and keep house for both of us, look after her, help her to shower, do the shopping, change her bedding, cook the main meals, cleaning, pick up her pension, go to hosp appointments with her, make phone calls for her and numerous other things. As well as hold down a full time job.

She is housebound but does at least manage to potter around the house when I am not at home.

Its not easy though and I often feel that when I leave my day job and arrive home, then I am just starting another job in the evening in the role of carer. And as for having a day of rest, forget it, that just never happens!

But honestly she would never cope in an old people's home. She likes her own space and I think she likes having someone to boss around! Me!! So I think while ever she is physically able to get around the house then our current situation will be okey. If she did become too ill though or bed ridded for example, then it may be that a different solution would be needed.

God willing we will all be old some day and I think it helps to imagine how we might feel when we get old when thinking about such questions.

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
we would take care of our mother at home, if and when the time comes. the wonderful thing about my family is if you are in need of care 95% will come to your side and take shifts, aunts , cousins . uncles, sisters and children.
when my mother and her sisters were caring for my grandparents, i chose to do the cooking and my daughters were younger would help feed, dress, and did what ever they could , which turned out to be a wonderful experience for them that they treasured

S

shirley

we would take care of our mother at home, if and when the time comes. the wonderful thing about my family is if you are in need of care 95% will come to your side and take shifts, aunts , cousins . uncles, sisters and children.
when my mother and her sisters were caring for my grandparents, i chose to do the cooking and my daughters were younger would help feed, dress, and did what ever they could , which turned out to be a wonderful experience for them that they treasured
aww thats beautiful and heartwarming the caring n love your family shares some families have no choice but to place there relitives in nursing home but when u have families that stick together god bless your family n you

O

OFM

it all depends on the cse sometimes u can take them in sometimes u ca not they need more around the clock medical care.