Embarassing situation!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MarcoEG

Hello my friends,
Have you been in this before?
When you feel that your best friend g.f or finacee is attached to you
Actually i've been in this before when my best friend invited me to go out with him and his fiancee and in that meeting i felt that the girl fixed her eyes on me most of the time and what ever i was saying she said it back to my friend(Look how he acts in this situation or does in that or that)which made me so embarassed especially when i saw my friend got upset of this,then i decided to leave even i didnt attend thier marriage which was 3 month later!

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's."[h=2]Exodus 20:17[/h][h=2][/h]

U

Ugly

Why would you be embarrassed? It was her actions, not yours. You have no effect on her behavior. And because of one odd situation, you skip your best friends wedding? That makes no sense. Actually nothing here makes any sense. What does 'being attached' have to do with the way she behaved?

M

MarcoEG

For you ugly my question was have u been in this before?
Not i want your openion in my situation
Plus i wanted to share real situation happened to me and i know happened with many other people so i wanted to know how would they act in situation like this.
For the matter of attaching i ment at least emotionally attached
So nice try but i want participants with same situation here!:)

U

Ugly

so because I haven't been through it how I would handle it doesn't matter. ok. I will make sure not to respond to any more of your posts.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
When you post a situation in the forums, people tend to discuss it. That's the way it works.

As for your OP - are you looking for the word "attracted," as in, you feel that your best friend's fiancee is attracted to you?

What do you mean when you say she "fixed her eyes on you?" Could it be that she was trying to be a good host? You are her then-fiance's best friend - maybe she was nervous. As for the other thing, I'm not quite sure what you are getting at - was she comparing you to him? Maybe they were fighting and she was pointing out to her fiance what she felt he could have done differently in a situation. Granted, a very awkward and disrespectful way for her to make her point, but as Ugly said, this is her behavior, not yours.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Hello my friends,
Actually i've been in this before when my best friend invited me to go out with him and his fiancee and in that meeting i felt that the girl fixed her eyes on me most of the time and what ever i was saying she said it back to my friend(Look how he acts in this situation or does in that or that)which made me so embarassed especially when i saw my friend got upset of this,then i decided to leave even i didnt attend thier marriage which was 3 month later!

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's."Exodus 20:17
I see you just saw what you saw and by not going to the wedding, you were protecting, you, your friend and her. I think you gig as you thought was right. I see you love your neighbor as Christ loves you, even though others do not see this.
And yes been there, too, but I back then did not respond as you did, Today I would do it completely different than what I did back then, and have done completely different today as what I did do
Thanks. It is not uncommon, pray for them.

May 24, 2013
Hello my friends,

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's."Exodus 20:17
... it does happen that sometimes another is being given an opportunity to get involved with them instead, in this kind of scenario --- I have had this happen to me a couple of times; and I know EXACTLY what you are talking about --- best thing to do is to play dumb and smile and wish your friend the best of luck --- unless you feel totally compelled and convicted mutually that you and the woman are meant for each other and that it is a 'mistake' she marry anyone else --- then things might get a bit more 'complex' --- however, yeah ... playing dumb works if you are sure its just a superficial thing you don't want to be part of ... and remain honourable in your friendship ...

Last edited:

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
Maybe you misinterpreted her actions. Perhaps, she was just being attentive to you and not giving any malice. I am like that when someone talks to me, i make eye contact with them. Lol. o_O

M

MarcoEG

Thanks all my friends for sharing experiences:)
And for dis ofcourse nt i know what are you talking about but dont forget i'm man and i can feel if the front woman is just listening carefully to me or something else and also it was nt just that as i mentioned in my thread:)

B

BrittanyJones

Yeah this happened to me several times. The husband was giving me way too much attention. At first I dismissed it as his overly friendly nature, but later it became constant gifts, text and phone calls. Once he came to my place to drop off a "special gift." It was late at night and he and his wife were just coming back from a show or something.

After dropping off the gift, I was trying to say goodbye and he grabbed my hand in his and held it. This made me very uncomfortable as his wife was waiting in the car.

I tried to go but he held onto my hand, so I eventually had to really pull to let it go. I decided to only talk about his wife when he was around me and this eventually led to him losing interest.

Many months later I heard from him again in a text message to complain about his wife. I told him that he needed to bring her flowers and candy, and tell her that he loved her. I never heard from him again. :)

7seven7

Yeah this happened to me several times. The husband was giving me way too much attention. At first I dismissed it as his overly friendly nature, but later it became constant gifts, text and phone calls. Once he came to my place to drop off a "special gift." It was late at night and he and his wife were just coming back from a show or something.

After dropping off the gift, I was trying to say goodbye and he grabbed my hand in his and held it. This made me very uncomfortable as his wife was waiting in the car.

I tried to go but he held onto my hand, so I eventually had to really pull to let it go. I decided to only talk about his wife when he was around me and this eventually led to him losing interest.

Many months later I heard from him again in a text message to complain about his wife. I told him that he needed to bring her flowers and candy, and tell her that he loved her. I never heard from him again. :)
Now tell us the truth &!! lol jk

7seven7

Hello my friends,

This reminds me of the story of Joseph (in Genisis) and his master's wife who told her husband that Joseph tried to sleep with her. This is a good reason to feel awkward, as just like Joseph, you could very easily come out of it looking like the bad guy. You did well. God bless you brother. And just like brother Homwardbound, I've been in the same situation and done the wrong thing (way before I knew Christ). How easy it easy it is for us to become complacent in this world and give in to temptation. A good reason to surround ourselves with righteousness.... Righteous music, people, movies, books etc etc.......... leaving no doors open for the devil to come into our lives through, or limiting him at least.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
This reminds me of the story of Joseph (in Genisis) and his master's wife who told her husband that Joseph tried to sleep with her. This is a good reason to feel awkward, as just like Joseph, you could very easily come out of it looking like the bad guy. You did well. God bless you brother. And just like brother Homwardbound, I've been in the same situation and done the wrong thing (way before I knew Christ). How easy it easy it is for us to become complacent in this world and give in to temptation. A good reason to surround ourselves with righteousness.... Righteous music, people, movies, books etc etc.......... leaving no doors open for the devil to come into our lives through, or limiting him at least.
Yes Brother as you just said, and when one is trying to do as you just said, then the enemy slips in from the back door and causes one to sin behind closed doors even if is in just the thought about, and so we end up fantasizing and we are thus on a gilt trip, and can't tell others because of fear of how others will react to us, in just having the thought of
So many are hidden behind closed doors, never escaping the traps of this world, being on a guilt trip

It is good to know I am guilty and no better than anyone else. But to carry this on and not finalize that by God at the cross we are forgiven 100% before anyone here was ever born, is what has IMO caused the mess we all are in today, hiding as Adam and Eve did from God. Here we are today hiding, and trying to be accepted by doing this or that.
I applaud MarcoEg in standing for what is right as Joseph did, and spent what 13 years in Jail over being innocent. Hmmm!!!!! how many of us see this as a guilty person, or that God is punishing him.
Thanks MarcoEG for standing up for what God placed on you heart in what was the best thing for you to do.
Thanks 7seven7 for searching out truth from God, and knowing God just love you, and all others reading here as well
Love God's type not this worlds type, that is enhanced through puberty, and has taken control by it at the time of physical maturity, causing the warfare that we all are in to this very day, Flesh (puberty) verses The Spirit of God
Maybe this is why God through Christ said to humble ourselves as children, hmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before Puberty, I think maybe so you all's choice, ask God to see the fight of and be possibly freed from this control of the flesh