emotional affair

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nicknick1

My wife seems to be having multiple emotional affairs,found some evidence.We have been separated a month.Seems as if she has been doing this for a while.Not sure how to handle this,any help?

Aug 29, 2012
"an emotional affair"? whoa, not exactly sure what that one is!

is this a situation where she is relying upon others to meet her emotional needs, when she should be relying upon you? and this is wrong because .....?

i would not comment but this is new lingo for me and i like learning new things, and being single, probably clueless....
thanks.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
is this a situation where she is relying upon others to meet her emotional needs, when she should be relying upon you? and this is wrong because .....?
Yes, that's it. And if you two are separated, she is getting emotional support from wherever she can. It's not grounds for divorce, if that's what you're getting at. The fact that the two of you are separated tells me the problems go a lot deeper than the emotional affair.

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
It might be that she's not getting from you what she needs emotionally. Maybe you should talk to her openly about fulfilling her emotional needs, because men and women have different needs and you may just not be aware of her needs and how to fulfill them. Little things can make a big difference.

Last edited:

joshhuntnm

Aug 6, 2012
I would read everything I could on marriage. Marriage is complicated and there are some really helpful books out there. You might take a look at Dobson's old one Love Must be Tough.

O

oracle2world

If you are separated, let it go.

L

libertygirl

"an emotional affair"? whoa, not exactly sure what that one is!

i would not comment but this is new lingo for me and i like learning new things, and being single, probably clueless....
thanks.
She has developed an emotional attachment to another man, or in this case multiple men. So she has romantic feelings for them and is going to them for comfort, when she should be going to her husband.

N

nw2u

They usually do lead to adultery.

A

Ariel82

My wife seems to be having multiple emotional affairs,found some evidence.We have been separated a month.Seems as if she has been doing this for a while.Not sure how to handle this,any help?
???

You know that you will get random comments from people who have no clue about your situation. Perhaps you should pray and ask God about it.

I don't know what an "emotional affair" is, random people have told me I flirt with people when I think its just being friendly.

I thank God that He gave me a husband who understands the difference between what I feel for others and the deeply held commitment I have for him.

I personally get emotionally attached to anyone I meet. I call it love and friendship. Perhaps I'm some what naive, at least I've been told that I am at times but I think of others as family, my brothers and sisters in Christ. Being romantically involved with your siblings is just gross (a personal deeply held belief that I tend to assume most others will agree with me on.) Therefore, I really don't notice or ignore pick up line, etc unless it become really obvious and I am made uncomfortable.

I'd rather give others the benefit of doubt and trust them then get paranoid and wonder if they are "doing me wrong" or cheating.

"emotional affair" I hope I never have to learn what that really means, but a question I would be asking myself is: "Do I still love her? Does God want me to stay with her? Does SHE love me? Is it anger, pride or insecurity that keeps us from forgiving each other?" and I would be praying "God give me the wisdom to see YOUR truth and YOUR will."

will keep you in my prayers. I hope you find peace with it all and trust and have faith in God's love, even when the rest of the world seems to be falling apart.

S

shekaniah

I'll will pray for you both!

G

GraceAmes

My best friend had this happen to her..
Her husband was not giving her the support needed. and she found it else where.
didnt plan it this way.. but it happened.
IN the end they made it.. took a lot of time on both sides..
he had to regain trust and she had to basically fall in love again.
She loved him. but was not in love with him.
But they both felt their marriage was worth it..
Good Luck and God Bless you both.

J

justmeNthesea

Hi there,
Have you both tried things such as Fireproof? Or The 5 Love Languages? Why don't you call her up and ask her over for a movie night and watch Fireproof. Buy the books which go with the movie, wrap it up as a gift to her with maybe a nice doesnt even havee to be expensive necklace to remind her that you are trying and want to be that support for her and regain what is lost. Do dinner, do it romantic. Lights out and candles. Cook or ordero ut her favorite meal. And certainly have some flowers for her. I find when people go searching it's because something is missing. Bring back the romance, bring back the spark which made you both fall in love.. and above all... FORGIVE! But also know, just because you love someone, doesn't mean they love you back. But... there is never harm in trying to repair a marriage. The harm comes when your dealing with divorce! Don't give up and have faith! Even if you don't see it as an invitation she will accept, still make the gesture. Keep trying. I suggest send same day flowers with the invitation for her to pick a day this week to come over.

joshhuntnm

Aug 6, 2012
Hi there,
Have you both tried things such as Fireproof? Or The 5 Love Languages? Why don't you call her up and ask her over for a movie night and watch Fireproof. Buy the books which go with the movie, wrap it up as a gift to her with maybe a nice doesnt even havee to be expensive necklace to remind her that you are trying and want to be that support for her and regain what is lost. Do dinner, do it romantic. Lights out and candles. Cook or ordero ut her favorite meal. And certainly have some flowers for her. I find when people go searching it's because something is missing. Bring back the romance, bring back the spark which made you both fall in love.. and above all... FORGIVE! But also know, just because you love someone, doesn't mean they love you back. But... there is never harm in trying to repair a marriage. The harm comes when your dealing with divorce! Don't give up and have faith! Even if you don't see it as an invitation she will accept, still make the gesture. Keep trying. I suggest send same day flowers with the invitation for her to pick a day this week to come over.
Great advice!

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Brother nicknick,
Need much more information than what you have provided here, such as define emotional affairs, what evidence are you referring too, separated how long and for what reasons, how do you want it handled, are you wanting to get back with her, happy to be separated, who separated from whom, if your separated how have you come to the knowledge of this evidence, and many other such things i would like to know before i make an attempt to answer.

^i^