EMPHASIS ON BEAUTY~ RIGHT OR WRONG ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay

I don't know if this is happening or not, but
something inside me is feeling there is someone
going through a difficult time for being beautiful.

Do we put so much emphasis on beauty of our
family or friends children to their detriment ?
I mean are we causing them to be harassed by
classmates or strangers because we ooooh and
aaaaah over their beauty?

There is nothing wrong in our telling them they
are beautiful. Everyone needs encouraged, but
how should we really let them know without
bringing hatred out of some jealous people to
the extent of inflicting pain on the one we deem
special to us, or like to let them know they are
beautiful and / or handsome ?

Thoughts ?
~jkh~ 6/4/13

D

didymos

Why should we tell someone he/she is beautiful in the first place?

1 Sam 16:7
(...) The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

J

J-Kay

(...) The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
I am on Facebook. A social site. We have friends and family sharing photos
of family members when the girls and guys are dressed for their formal affairs.
Each photo will get a comment about their "how beautiful they look, or how
handsome ". Okay this makes the teens feel good, right ? But, here in U.S.
we have far too much emphasis put on outward beauty.

I agree, and even thought of how God looks at the inward person, not the
outward. Thank you for scripture. And I hope this answers your question why
this topic was brought to the board.

D

didymos

Oh, I do understand. A lot people nowadays see their children as kind of a status symbol. We should take into consideration what scripture has to say about that though, that was my whole point.

J

J-Kay

Oh, I do understand. A lot people nowadays see their children as kind of a status symbol. We should take into consideration what scripture has to say about that though, that was my whole point.

But you have to realize not all people on Facebook are Christian. And it is done because we
are pleased to show how nice our grandchildren and children look when dressed up. Or even
babies are shown and considered cute or beautiful. I have been guilty of same thing I speak
of. I think God is showing me today this needs to be brought up. I posted same thing on
Facebook I put here.

My point is the girls or guys are being bullied for being considered beautiful or handsome.
Jealousy leads to violence often or pushes those who do not feel beautiful or handsome
to lack of self esteem. This is why I brought up topic.

J

jerusalem

beauty comes from within....we all know that.....an externally beautiful person can become hideously ugly as lucifer did when his perfect beauty went to his head. the beauty of holiness is the objective of christians.

J

J-Kay

beauty comes from within....we all know that.....an externally beautiful person can become hideously ugly as lucifer did when his perfect beauty went to his head. the beauty of holiness is the objective of christians.
Okay... I know this, and you know it... This is why I believe God is bringing it to light today.
I know girls who are becoming anorexic in order to fit into the worlds view of beauty. They
think they should not be 5 lb overweight. Advertising on television is pushing beauty too
far. You are judged by your looks, that is sad.... I am trying to draw attention to the fact
beauty is not the solution to life. And yes, I agree 100% with the Word of God about that.
I hope to help others learn as I am learning today, quit ooohing and aaaahing over photos
of only the beautiful girls and handsome guys. There is more to life than looks isn't there ?
The old saying... Beauty, Brains and Brawn.... Secular quote.
Proverbs speaks best when we want to learn about "Beauty" don't you think ?
Please, join with me in prayer for the kids who are suffering from being bullied for being
beautiful or not so beautiful. May the kids learn Gods way, not the ways of the world.

S

Siberian_Khatru

We are not as capable as He is in judging the heart - and we should tread softly in practice. Why not tell someone they are beautiful if it is in an intangible or metaphysical context?

There are people here on CC I would wager to say are beautiful, even though I've never seen their face. :D