End Times

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MarkIA

Is the end times the end of the world?
Prophecies can be very complicated at times.
Not to mention scary .
But the Lord said not to be afraid and that the truth shall set us free !

Believers, read your Bible and be alert !

"Many do not perceive living in tribulation as an important issue and have no clue; perhaps this is because they don’t know what real tribulation will be like, or perhaps they simply believe the escapism. We are about faith not fear, suggesting for people to be prepared, not scared."

-- end times prophecy

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
All Christians have (in the past) and will face tribulation and trial through out life, and some more then others. Are you a Nathan Leal (false prophet) doomsday guy/follower or a just a doomsday packer?

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment.

Matthew 6:19
"Don't collect for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal.

Matthew 6:26
Look at the birds of the sky: They don't sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you worth more than they?

The only thing we really need to be prepared for is the Coming of our Lord. (I'm not saying we shouldn't prepare for retirement, but don't make it the main thing). We need to be prepared as if the Lord was going to return now, and we need to prepare as if the Lord's coming is a long way off.

john832

May 31, 2013
Is the end times the end of the world?
Prophecies can be very complicated at times.
Not to mention scary .
But the Lord said not to be afraid and that the truth shall set us free !

Believers, read your Bible and be alert !

"Many do not perceive living in tribulation as an important issue and have no clue; perhaps this is because they don’t know what real tribulation will be like, or perhaps they simply believe the escapism. We are about faith not fear, suggesting for people to be prepared, not scared."

-- end times prophecy
The end of what?

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

world:

G165
αἰών
aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world; specifically (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future): - age, course, eternal, (for) ever (-more), [n-]ever, (beginning of the, while the) world (began, without end). Compare G5550.

The end of the age. Then end of the 6000 years fo man under the rule of Satan. After this begins the Millenium with Christ ruling the earth and Satan incarcerated. After the Millenium comes the Great White Throne Judgment, the Lake of Fire and finally the Father brings New Jerusalem down to the earth.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Much to the consternation of many of my CC friends, I watch Israel as God's timepiece. The majority of end times prophecies concern Israel rather than the Church. That I believe is where the end times action will be.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Much to the consternation of many of my CC friends, I watch Israel as God's timepiece. The majority of end times prophecies concern Israel rather than the Church. That I believe is where the end times action will be.
A point often lost in discussions of the end times. The tribulation, which is in the end times, is about Israel not the church.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
A point often lost in discussions of the end times. The tribulation, which is in the end times, is about Israel not the church.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
What gets me is why do a lot of people skip over the action that has already taken place, 70Ad-the destruction of Jerusalem, the temple, and the end of the act of false sacrifice (Old Covenant-Jewish culture and way of life) and the Roman Empire brought down...Lets just all skip over this and assume most of biblical end time prophesy is for us and not the past significant events. Put on your 21st century goggles guys, make them 3D while your at it, you might get more of thrill.

john832

May 31, 2013
What gets me is why do a lot of people skip over the action that has already taken place, 70Ad-the destruction of Jerusalem, the temple, and the end of the act of false sacrifice (Old Covenant-Jewish culture and way of life) and the Roman Empire brought down...Lets just all skip over this and assume most of biblical end time prophesy is for us and not the past significant events. Put on your 21st century goggles guys, make them 3D while your at it, you might get more of thrill.
The Roman Empire is to have 7 resurrections. You are missing some information that makes it possible to understand prophecy.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
The Roman Empire is to have 7 resurrections. You are missing some information that makes it possible to understand prophecy.
First time I heard that lol, scripture please.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Interesting postulation. Wrong but interesting.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Destruction of Jerusalem ...again prophecy of Israel. I realize prophecies span long before 70AD and they don't end there either. Preterism just isn't on my menu...never was,never will be.