Enjoy the Pursuit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Becky216

Do you ever feel that no matter where you go, somebody pursues you and hunts you down? Does someone seem to need something every time you start doing what you set out to do? Someone needs a ride to school, or somebody forgets their lunch, and before you know it, half your day is wasted.

Jesus knows what it is like to be pursued, but He was never upset by it. As soon as He ministered to everyone in one place, He went to the next town to find more people who needed Him. He never said, “Leave Me alone.” Ask God to show you the needs of people through the eyes of Jesus today, and your days will never be wasted.

Psalm 41:1-3 ~ (KJV)
Blessed is he that considereth the poor: theLord will deliver him in time of trouble. TheLord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.TheLord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.

A

arwen7

I agree to some of this, Jesus didn't say 'leave me alone', but I believe that it is important to note that Jesus did depart from multitudes that pursued him (Matthew 8:18-20). "These people, the most part came with some sinister, selfish, and carnal views, wherefore, he commanded to cross to other side of the lake...His reasons here seem to be with respect to himself, that being wearied as man, with the work of the day, he might have an opportunity of refreshing himself with sleep." (Matthew 8:18 Bible Commentary). "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head". And Jesus did go off a lot to be alone, withdrew from crowds to speak to God much like Moses did (Luke 5:16, Mark 1:35).

Yes, he was compassionate and served the needy that pursued him, but I think that it is important to note that even the Son of Man took care of himself and put God first before the crowds. As Christians, we are told that our bodies are Gods temples, we should take care of them. My fear is that some Christians will burn out from being pursued and feeling the pressure to serve, because they are not taking care of themselves. We are called to love your neighbor as you love yourself. There is a key element here that I think some people miss- love yourself. What does it mean to love oneself? I believe in some ways we must put ourselves (and God of course) before others, because how can we give something that we do not have?