Envy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jesussav

Do you struggle with envy? I admit I do a lot without realizing it. Lately I find myself thinking about envy and why it is wrong. What are your feelings on envy? Please help me to understand this sin.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Envy is like jealousy a it will consume you and take away your peace. Be content with such things that you have and
understand who you are in Christ. Love yourself for whom the Lord made you. We are uniquely and individually made
Find that peace that comes from the Lord and don't let others rob it from you.:)

Miss

May 18, 2013
Envy is when you want something that does not belong to you and you have no right to it, Jealousy is when you want something that does belong to you and you have every right to it.:)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
these things are tricky. you have to be so carefull not to have a " I deserve this and that additude" it is so easy to tell yourself that you only want what you should have. but this can lead to envy in a second.

J

jesussav

WOW so true! Thanks for the insight - I'm definitely guilty of that!! Really need to be grateful for what I have!