EPA solution to 'climate change': Preach it in the churches!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

EPA spends $84,000 to study churches that preach climate change

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is spending $84,000 to study how churches can be used to combat climate change,

A taxpayer-funded graduate fellowship at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor is examining 17 faith-based institutions that have implemented "sustainability initiatives" in the hopes of developing workshops to teach pastors and other religious leaders how to change the behaviors of their congregants.

There are no other adequate words.

Except perhaps, "Would you go to a church where the primary message on Sunday was what you can do about climate change?"

I wouldn't.

May 4, 2014
Sounds like a church I'd potentially be willing to visit.

Feb 7, 2015

Except perhaps, "Would you go to a church where the primary message on Sunday was what you can do about climate change?"

I wouldn't.
Seriously, I have some friends who are Universalists (of some kind), and they tell us each Sunday afternoon at lunch, that these are precisely the kinds of topics their church speaks on each week.

Dec 18, 2013

I wouldn't.
Actually this is a very good idea. It is biblically sound.

Genesis 9:1

1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

Sounds like a church I'd potentially be willing to visit.
For you, read the prophecies of the Book of Joel.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Joel+1+&version=KJV

Dec 12, 2013
Wow........What gospel would that message be found in......the 1st Book of Gore or 2nd Obama chapter 6 verse 66......?

Dec 18, 2013
Wow........What gospel would that message be found in......the 1st Book of Gore or 2nd Obama chapter 6 verse 66......?
Romans 1:20

[SUP]20 [/SUP]For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Dec 12, 2013
Romans 1:20

[SUP]20 [/SUP]For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Call me old fashioned, but what in the world does the verse you quoted have to do with so called global warming and or climate change.........

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

I wouldn't.
Now all of a sudden their holy mantra of "Separation of Church and State" has gone thru a climate change of it's own.
In the famous words of Shirley (from Carmen San Diego fame) 'Get outta heeya'

Dec 18, 2013
Call me old fashioned, but what in the world does the verse you quoted have to do with so called global warming and or climate change.........
It means God created everything and God made everything with purpose and supreme intellect.

The way man is destroying the creation is not good, nor is worshipping the creation instead of the Creator. Climate change, and how man destroyeth the earth, even this was prophesied many times throughout the Bible from Ezekiel to Joel.