Ephesians...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
So I just read the 1st chapter in Ephesians... And I think from verse 12 onward has solidified that Christ is God in my mind...

Do you agree or disagree? Not on the point that Christ is God in general, but more so on verses 12-23 that it points to Christ being God...

(Take in note I did not find this on the internet nor just read those verses by themselves I read the whole chapter very carefully and by the time I read those verses it hit me like a train)

Edit: reason I am not posting the scripture is because 1 I am lazy, and 2 I think reading from the bible gives a different aroma then reading from posted scripture.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2013
[SUP]
1 Corithians 15

23 [/SUP]But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. cORITHIANS 15

[SUP]24 [/SUP]Then cometh the end, when he (Jesus ) shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

[SUP]25 [/SUP]For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
[SUP]27 [/SUP]For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

[SUP]28 [/SUP]And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Christ being God the Son

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Thanks daniel :), but my question was geared more towards Ephesians 1:12-23 then anything else... I was wondering if I misread Ephesians or took it out of context... my question was not necessarily on is Jesus; God...

Oct 14, 2013
[SUP]
John 20
17 [/SUP]Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Oct 14, 2013
It points to Jesus being God the Son and Head over all things except for God the Father . That is just one thought i think it means :cool:

Jan 19, 2013
So I just read the 1st chapter in Ephesians... And I think from verse 12 onward has solidified that Christ is God in my mind...

Do you agree or disagree? Not on the point that Christ is God in general, but more so on verses 12-23 that it points to Christ being God...

(Take in note I did not find this on the internet nor just read those verses by themselves I read the whole chapter very carefully and by the time I read those verses it hit me like a train)

Edit: reason I am not posting the scripture is because 1 I am lazy, and 2 I think reading from the bible gives a different aroma then reading from posted scripture.
I think Col 1:15-20 is more to that point.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I think Col 1:15-20 is more to that point.
Again... I was not asking "is Jesus God" but more so does Eph 1:12-23 point to Jesus is God...

Ty for the reply though

Jan 19, 2013
Again... I was not asking "is Jesus God" but more so does Eph 1:12-23 point to Jesus is God...

Ty for the reply though
No, it points only to Jesus as the Son and God's plan to glorify himself through the Son.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I think you have captured this well T_Laurich! Ephesians is all about the majesty of Christ. This part of the passage in particular shows that Christ is God. Eph. 1:15- 23 is one of my favorite passages in Scripture. I even wrote a sermon on it, for Preaching.

"that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, [SUP]21 [/SUP]far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. [SUP]22 [/SUP]And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, [SUP]23 [/SUP]which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all." Eph. 1:20-23.

Oct 18, 2013

First, I shall rebuff thee for thou lazy ways. "Go to the ant, thou sluggard and observe her ways (That is from Proverbs 6:6, but what does it matter? for thou wouldst not check it anyways.) On with the matter at hand. Christ and God . . . they are to be in our hearts and minds. Yes. I suspect with all those prepositions being connected to the second person pronoun with God and Christ you would come to that conclusion. But I don't think Paul's main point is to teach that Christ in us is God in us. God dwells in us by faith. We take Him at His word. He dwell in His by His word. We have fellowship with Him.

Thou speakest falsely. His majesty here in this region always post Bible verses for all to read. He posts them on poles and stands and on banners.

Aroma? Thou lackest tact. Chivalry. Have some.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
Slight tangent.....

Ephesians 5:1-2 was the first verse I ever memorized as a new believer. I remember where I was and what chair I was sitting in. Village Inn, Colorado Springs, age 16.

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved childrenand walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

Oct 14, 2013
[h=3]This verse sums up Ephesians for me :cool:

Ephesians 6[/h]King James Version (KJV)

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Oct 14, 2013
What will you consider the most important piece of Christian armour to you ?