Eternal Life: Thoughts About Space & It's Place In Our Future

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Edvvard

Aug 11, 2018
BC
I've been thinking about the future lately. Specifically my eternal life future. After my mortal life has ended. After the rapture and Armageddon. It's hard to imagine just how long eternity is. I considered the idea that I could spend a hundred-million years in one-on-one fellowship with each of all the other souls in heaven. Amazing. Now what? What else will there be to do? Serve God - yes. But how, and where? Heaven? Earth? Thinking of the eternity of time made me think about space. It's also eternal. It's so eternal that the amount of stars and planets and plants and animals and other undiscovered wonders out there is impossible to number. I doubt there are intelligent aliens like us out there, so why is it so full? Why did God make this eternal space?

Proverbs chapter 8 verse 3 & 6 - When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained / Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet

Maybe space is eternal because God made it for us to explore and live in during the afterlife. Maybe we will serve him out in the cosmos somehow. Maybe it will be as simple as having fellowship with Him and Him taking delight in watching us experience the awesome discoveries that He created for us out there. Space is big enough that everyone in heaven could head out in a different direction and travel a path of undiscovered creations forever. I know that when I see a beautiful waterfall or an orange sunset or deer in the forest, it fills we with a feeling of amazement at how incredible Gods creation truly is, and I could see a future where God and I explore his eternal creation together. Just when you think He can't blow your mind even more BOOM here's a totally new galaxy full of stuff you've never even fathomed before! And beyond all that is the observable universe, who knows. Things beyond our comprehension. What a blessing!

So I just was hoping to get others thoughts on this idea. What do you all think about eternal life and what we will all do forever and ever? Does anyone else think space and other planets are in our future?

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Haha I like this post. I think we're suppose to be on the new Earth in the future with Jesus being our worldly king. I'm sure we could travel to stars and space and such too though.

I think the best would be talking to God and being near him. Feeling that love and Holiness. Aside from that, angels and my loved ones that have passed would be the ones I would want to be near. I can't wait to hear the music in heaven/new Earth. I would be completely happy teaching and playing music in heaven like on Earth though. I would love the not suffering or seeing suffering part though. The constant love doesn't get old for me. Lol

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
We can only go off what has been revealed in the Bible.. And only the basics have been revealed in the Bible ablout what we shall be up to in eternity.. People can let their imaginations run wild and give a lot of speculations.. But thats all they will be.. Speculations.

When we enter into eternity we shall be transformed into perfect beings so currently we cannot comprehend what it will be like in eternity because we shall be changed.. we will not be as we are now..

U

Ugly

Bear in mind time is a creation of God as well. People tend to think of God's eternity as in terms of our perception of time. But in reality eternity is nothing but a way to describe something in terms humans can understand, though may not be entirely accurate.
Minutes and years won't be a thing. We will merely exist outside of time.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
I can only imagine :)

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into
the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
-

And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand,
that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion,

Thou art my people.

I can only imagine - song with lyrics
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...C0C788AD4AEB9F4D0D8AC0C788AD4AEB9F4&FORM=VIRE

I found this artical on your subject interesting - Why the Universe?
https://www.thetrumpet.com/literature/read/6532-our-awesome-universe-potential/433
https://www.thetrumpet.com/literature/books_and_booklets/1105

Apr 15, 2017
I do not believe there is space, for God is an omnipresent Spirit, so He fills all space.

I do not believe there is such a thing as time in substance, but only to measure things that are scheduled according to creation, and only applies to creation.

Before creation there was not time, for there was not anything to measure, when God started creating time started to measure the creation, first day to the sixth day of creation, and things scheduled throughout history, and when the saints are in the New Jerusalem time will be no more.

Because time is not a substance but only a measuring tool for creation of this earth and heaven, not before it and not after it, for everything goes on the same with nothing scheduled to keep time.

Also the sun coming up, and then down again, and coming up again, is a day, but before the creation there was no sun, and after the creation there is no sun, for the New Jerusalem does not have a sun, for the Lamb is the light that lights the New Jerusalem, which God will shine out of the glorified body of the man Christ Jesus and light the New Jerusalem.

This earth and heaven has been tainted with sin, so they must pass away, and all sin must be purged with fire, which this earth and heaven will melt with fervent heat, and dissolve, and the saints receive the Holy Spirit and with fire, but the good kind that gives no hurt to the body.

Jesus went away to prepare a place for the saints that where He is at they may be also, and He went away from the earth, so that is where the New Jerusalem is at, the final destination of the saints.

The saints will have a glorified body like the man Christ Jesus' glorified body.

God said He is making a new heaven and earth, and the former heaven and earth shall not be remembered, nor come to mind.

Which means that the saints and angels at the New Jerusalem will not remember anything prior to that place, not their relatives, not their friends, not their animals, for they will know nothing about the earth, and anything that went on there, or the old heaven, for it is associated with sin and rebellion.

And the new heaven and earth is a place where sin has never been, and sin will never be, and sin and rebellion will never come up again.

Jesus said until heaven and earth pass away not one tittle or jot shall pass away from the law until all is fulfilled, which Jesus as a sinless man fulfilled the law, being the perfect King, perfect Prophet, Saint, High Priest, sacrifice, and anything else He had to fulfill.

But the law must be fulfilled on earth, and all the roles of people associated with the operation of Israel, but Jesus did not fulfill the role of perfect King on earth yet, for He came as a humble servant, which that is what the millennial reign of Christ is about, and the kingdom restored to Israel.

Which the Bible says the LORD shall be King over all the earth, and in that day there shall be one LORD, and His name one, and the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the seas.

When the 1000 years is finished the role of perfect King has been done on earth by Jesus, and heaven and earth will pass away, and the saints will go to the New Jerusalem forever.

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, so the saints that have died are with Jesus, and they remember the earth, and things that happened on earth, but in the New Jerusalem the saints will not remember the earth, or anything associated with it except one thing, charity, love in action.

For charity, love in action, is the only thing that will go on forever.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
I've been thinking about the future lately. Specifically my eternal life future. After my mortal life has ended. After the rapture and Armageddon. It's hard to imagine just how long eternity is. I considered the idea that I could spend a hundred-million years in one-on-one fellowship with each of all the other souls in heaven. Amazing. Now what? What else will there be to do? Serve God - yes. But how, and where? Heaven? Earth? Thinking of the eternity of time made me think about space. It's also eternal. It's so eternal that the amount of stars and planets and plants and animals and other undiscovered wonders out there is impossible to number. I doubt there are intelligent aliens like us out there, so why is it so full? Why did God make this eternal space?

Proverbs chapter 8 verse 3 & 6 - When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained / Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet

Maybe space is eternal because God made it for us to explore and live in during the afterlife. Maybe we will serve him out in the cosmos somehow. Maybe it will be as simple as having fellowship with Him and Him taking delight in watching us experience the awesome discoveries that He created for us out there. Space is big enough that everyone in heaven could head out in a different direction and travel a path of undiscovered creations forever. I know that when I see a beautiful waterfall or an orange sunset or deer in the forest, it fills we with a feeling of amazement at how incredible Gods creation truly is, and I could see a future where God and I explore his eternal creation together. Just when you think He can't blow your mind even more BOOM here's a totally new galaxy full of stuff you've never even fathomed before! And beyond all that is the observable universe, who knows. Things beyond our comprehension. What a blessing!

So I just was hoping to get others thoughts on this idea. What do you all think about eternal life and what we will all do forever and ever? Does anyone else think space and other planets are in our future?
By "eternal space" you probably mean "too large". Its not eternal.

Its possible that we, as spiritual beings, will get bigger. We are too small now (and the world is so big). But when we will get rid of this space limitation of our bodies, whole the universe can be like a room in your appartment.

Do not expect your point of view to be the same after death.

Also, what you are seeing (planets, stars, material bodies) is a 3D universe. There are possibly many more dimensions in the universe. We are ones of the lowest beings in it.