Eunuchs

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mooky

Could someone plz explain Isaiah 56:6.

D

danschance

I believe it means that God treats the new converts to Judaism just as he does the other Jews.

D

Donkeyfish07

Eunuchs are men that can't have sex/reproduce......usually because they have been castrated. They were used a lot by Kings/Emperors in the past to guard Harems full of women because no one had to worry about them having sex with the women they were guarding.

That's why it's said in Isaiah....."Let not the Eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree".......and it then goes on to say something to the effect of "I will give them something better than the names of sons and daughters, even an everlasting name that shall not be cut off".

Sep 4, 2012
Mooky,

Under the old covenant, eunuchs could not enter the assembly of the lord.

He that is fractured or mutilated in his private parts shall not enter into the assembly of the Lord. Deuteronomy 23:1

Isaiah 56:6 prophesied the magnificence of GOD's grace and mercy to be revealed in the new covenant in which even eunuchs will be shown mercy and called sons of GOD. This was explicitly fulfilled a short while after Pentecost in Acts 8:26-39

And he ordered the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water—Philip and the eunuch—and he baptized him. Acts 8:38

Sep 4, 2012
Actually, eunuchs are mentioned in Isaiah 56:4-5, not Isaiah 56:6.

C

Cino

Eunuchs did not get married or have sex. The Bible says some men can be Eunuchs, and some can't. Some men need to marry, others don't (or have sex).