Ever had this feeling when you pray?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

vanillakay

Dec 7, 2012
Iv noticed when i pray sometimes, mostly when im scared, i get this calm feeling wash over me. Like I can feel God saying everything will be ok. Its like i feel this warmness spreading in me. Holy spirit mybe? or am i just imagining it? anyone else had this?

also, when I was 14, I had this urge to get baptized. I don't know what it was but after seeing some kids my age get saved it struck me emotionally. I had seen people get baptized and saved at my church before but for some reason that one time really got to me. I felt this anxious feeling over me all that day and night, i was emotional and i couldnt stop thinking abuot it..i cant even explain what i felt. it was powerful and di never felt anything like it before. I told my grandmother and she felt ti was a sign mybe i was supposed to get baptized..i flt that urge too, really strongly..but to this day im not sure why. Looking back i wonder if i was too young and not ready....but then again if i was'nt ready...what was that feeling abuot?

JGIG

Aug 2, 2013
Iv noticed when i pray sometimes, mostly when im scared, i get this calm feeling wash over me. Like I can feel God saying everything will be ok. Its like i feel this warmness spreading in me. Holy spirit mybe? or am i just imagining it? anyone else had this?
Yes . . . I think that's one of the points of prayer - to be in the presence of our Father who loves us and wants to produce His Fruit in and through us. There is benefit to others in that, but lots of benefit to us, too!

Cool avatar, btw :).

-JGIG

SweetShelly35

Feb 21, 2012
When I pray and open my heart to God, and let inner peace fill my being. In His presence, I am peaceful, poised, confident and strong.
God Bless You friend.

Shelly

Sep 6, 2013
I know what you mean Vanillakay. There have been a few times when I was very upset and literally crying out to God, that he sent peace and calm immediately into me. There is nothing like the undeniable knowledge that you are in the presence of the Lord, and he is listening to you and showing you compassion.

Nov 15, 2013
Hebrews 4:16

[TABLE="align: center"]

[TR]

[TD]
HEBREWS 4:16==Let us then approach God's throne of grace
with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our
time of need.===ROMANS 8:16="The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of
God; and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]