Everlasting Priesthood/All Things Common

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
1. The original high priest of this everlasting priesthood is The Word of God.
Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
Gen 14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
Gen 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
Heb 7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
Heb 7:3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
Heb 7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
Heb 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
2. A born again spirit by measure is adopted into the everlasting high priesthood, and are high priests by the fact that we have access to the holiest of all.
Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Heb 9:7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
Heb 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Heb 9:11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
3. The everlasting priesthood (those with access to the holiest of all) has no inheritance in this land or part among "them", but God alone is our inheritance. There will be more scripture regarding all things common to support this as well.
Num 18:20 And the LORD spake unto Aaron, Thou shalt have no inheritance in their land, neither shalt thou have any part among them: I am thy part and thine inheritance among the children of Israel.
Num 18:21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.
Num 18:22 Neither must the children of Israel henceforth come nigh the tabernacle of the congregation, lest they bear sin, and die.
Num 18:23 But the Levites shall do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they have no inheritance.
Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
4. The gentiles were not part of the commonwealth of Israel before Jesus died and rose again, and now they can be.
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
5. There is no secondary priesthood that has not access to the holiest of all anymore, so this secondary priesthood should not exist to tithe to the high priesthood as it was in the Levitical priesthood. (already proven with previous scripture, but here's the example of the secondary priesthood which does not exist anymore.)
Num 18:25 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Num 18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.
Num 18:27 And this your heave offering shall be reckoned unto you, as though it were the corn of the threshingfloor, and as the fulness of the winepress.
Num 18:28 Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the LORD of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the LORD'S heave offering to Aaron the priest.
6. The high priesthood does not tithe to itself (already proven with scriptures).
7. The work of the high priesthood is clarified by the original high priest, and the original high priest told us to observe and teach everything He commanded us: (I shouldn't have to prove that the work of Jesus is our everlasting example of the Kingdom of Heaven in and on earth).
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20TeachingG1321themG846to observeG5083all thingsG3956whatsoeverG3745I have commandedG1781you:G5213and,G2532lo,G2400IG1473amG1510withG3326youG5216alway,G3956 G2250evenuntoG2193theG3588endG4930of theG3588world.G165 Amen.G281
8. The original high priest tells us to do the first works, and to remember the first love (agape).
Rev 2:4Nevertheless I havesomewhatagainst thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Rev 2:5Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
9. The first love and first works are from God/the original high priest of the lively stones and spiritual house being spoken to in Revelation 2. Jesus obviously showed us the first love and first works, but we see the united first works of the apostles that are found in Acts 2 (the whole chapter). I'll break it down for anyone who needs it.
(verses 1-13 Church is filled with the Holy Ghost, power testifying for message to follow)
Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Act 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Act 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Act 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
Act 2:12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?
Act 2:13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
(verses 14-36 The gospel is preached)
Act 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
Act 2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
Act 2:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
(verses 37-39 These people are told what God wants them to do first, which is repent, be baptized, and recieve the Holy Ghost.)
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
(verse 40- The people are told how to repent, why, etc. (we see the result of these other words in the next verses.)
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
(verse 41- They that recieved these other words were baptized into the everlasting high priesthood)
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
(verse 42- They that recieved these other words continued in the doctrine, fellowship (partnership), breaking of bread, and prayers.)
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
(verse 43- They that recieved these other words started being testified to by God Almighty for those other words they recieved and started practicing by the help of God through the apostles.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
(verses 44-47 The Kingdom of Heaven on and in earth. The one example of the first works and first love which Jesus showed and taught us through the apostles.)
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
(Do we really need to know those other words to know the truth? Here are some of them.)
Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
Act 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
Act 4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,
Act 4:37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
(Even some of the Levites recognized the everlasting priesthood and first love with the first works.)
2Co 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
2Co 8:10 And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago.
2Co 8:11 Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.
2Co 8:12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
2Co 8:13 For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:
2Co 8:14 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:
2Co 8:15 As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.
(We do not own our own bodies if we're born again)
1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
1Co 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
(Commandments by The Word of God concerning the "rich" which are actually poor)
1Ti 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
1Ti 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
1Ti 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
Honestly I could keep going, but at this point I don't see that it is necessary. I will check back at various times to answer any questions with scripture. I would ask that if anyone disagrees with anything written here, please have at least one scripture so I can understand the perspective and tongue you are speaking from in this English language.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
Hmm, I hope no replies means that we at least agree that it's something to think about. Thank you all.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
I decided to post a message again because there's a tithe thread that this thread would help with understanding of the priesthood.

May 2, 2011
Exegesis is a little more involved than posting verses.
I have a thread on it (and hermeneutics) here somewhere, check around (Sorry, I don't do Homiletics).

All of the following are for information and reference and further review and discussion and as a simple overview of some concepts of Exegesis:

Definitions:
Exegesis - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
exegesis - definition of exegesis by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Exegesis - Theopedia, an encyclopedia of Biblical Christianity

Article Overview:
Exegesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some Basic Types of Criticism:
Basic Types of Criticism - Writing Center - Purdue North Central

Exegesis Guide:

Warner University: Exegesis Guide

Something like this ....

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
Exegesis is a little more involved than posting verses.
Are you implying that all I did was post verses? If you find something hard to understand, please let me know. If you find contradictions, please let me know (but I know you cannot). Exegesis as you call it, is difficult for many to follow from start to finish, and so baby steps are more fruitful to promote the next step. If we can all realize who we really are, and what we really are, then we can unite much more effeciently. The first works and first love are unlimited fruitfulness, and they include all things common, the commonwealth of Israel, no respect of persons, and one undivided family. We have no other example of the Kingdom of Heaven in earth as it is in Heaven.

Please let me know if you think that this in not accurate, and why through scripture if you do hold this opinion. Thanks.

May 2, 2011
Actually, in review I would give your exegesis a B+ perhaps -- with annotations, as a first draft, and the Warner University example (referenced above) a C- (not that I am grading or keeping score, just by way of acknowledgment).

I do not disagree at all with your posts. Further development and explanation / commentary with an introduction and summation / conclusion with a little formatting would make it a quite useful essay indeed. Decent work, good effort!!

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
Actually, in review I would give your exegesis a B+ perhaps -- with annotations, as a first draft, and the Warner University example (referenced above) a C- (not that I am grading or keeping score, just by way of acknowledgment).

I do not disagree at all with your posts. Further development and explanation / commentary with an introduction and summation / conclusion with a little formatting would make it a quite useful essay indeed. Decent work, good effort!!

Thank you for your input, I really do appreciate it. I will say that I'm definitely not an educated man in regards to our current word definitions, and things like exegesis. To be honest, I'd never even seen the word exegesis or Warner University example. I guess I was just trying to be as short as possible, and yet get the points across. Thanks though, cause now I know what those words mean.