EVERY IDLE WORD...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 15, 2013
ANIOHEVTORAH, what say you, Is not a mere word that claims repentance an idle word lest it is backed up by both the ceasing of the conduct and the reparations or amends for what was done?

Does the ransom of Christ absolve us of having to make amends?

And if we appreciated the need for such amends wouldn't that promote repentance to be meaningful and genuine?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2013
ANIOHEVTORAH, what say you, Is not a mere word that claims repentance an idle word lest it is backed up by both the ceasing of the conduct and the reparations or amends for what was done?Agreed

Does the ransom of Christ absolve us of having to make amends?No it doesn't

And if we appreciated the need for such amends wouldn't that promote repentance to be meaningful and genuine?
Absolutely, amen.

zone

Jun 13, 2010

No it doesn't
really.

so Christ's Sacrifice is lacking?

alright.

i think you owed me an apology Avinu.

i never got it.

send me a pm. i'll forgive you.

Mar 15, 2013
Here is what I think. You can say you are sorry that you damaged your neighbors car but if you really were, you would pay to have it fixed.

Do you suppose that God does not know that? Do you need to have him step in and force it like man's law does?

1 Corinthians 11:31 "For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged."

If Avinu really did do something against you then he owes it to God to apologize to you. That is how it really goes.

Agree?

Apr 9, 2013
Here is what I think. You can say you are sorry that you damaged your neighbors car but if you really were, you would pay to have it fixed.

Do you suppose that God does not know that? Do you need to have him step in and force it like man's law does?

If Avinu really did do something against you then he owes it to God to apologize to you. That is how it really goes.

Agree?
I must interject here. This person avinu must have had a great impact on zone. I'm guessing by this person's nickname they are jewish as I am. but I'm not avinu. if she was as condescending to that person as she has been to me, I'm guessing it is she who owes that person an apology. this is why I don't even respond to her, she's not looking to get into an intelligent and mature conversation. She's just out to pick a fight, in which I'm not interested in doing.

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010

Agree?
you tell me:

No it doesn't

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I must interject here. This person avinu must have had a great impact on zone. I'm guessing by this person's nickname they are jewish as I am. but I'm not avinu. if she was as condescending to that person as she has been to me, I'm guessing it is she who owes that person an apology. this is why I don't even respond to her, she's not looking to get into an intelligent and mature conversation. She's just out to pick a fight, in which I'm not interested in doing.
not at all looking to pick a fight.
just amused by the piety:)
and such.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I was starting to wonder if you were avinu :)

Thank you for clearing the matter up.