Everyone saved?

• Thread starter MYSAVIORJESUSCHRIST
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MYSAVIORJESUSCHRIST

Before Jesus was born no one knew about him to personally accept him as Lord and Savior.(Please correct me if I'm wrong here)

So what happened to the people, for instance, who died in the Old testament. Obviously we know some put faith in the Lord but where do you draw the line?

Others say everyone in Hell was preached to and let out...who did not hear of Christ,

Obviously we also know that the dead came up from the graves and walked around after the death of Jesus.(Correct me if I'm wrong)

----Who made it and who didn't?----

Does anyone else have an answer to this?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus said, "Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."

Scripture also says that
to the one who does not work but trusts God
who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Oct 21, 2015
Before Jesus was born no one knew about him to personally accept him as Lord and Savior.(Please correct me if I'm wrong here)

So what happened to the people, for instance, who died in the Old testament. Obviously we know some put faith in the Lord but where do you draw the line?

Others say everyone in Hell was preached to and let out...who did not hear of Christ,

Obviously we also know that the dead came up from the graves and walked around after the death of Jesus.(Correct me if I'm wrong)

----Who made it and who didn't?----

Does anyone else have an answer to this?
Jesus death at Calvary was for those who loved God before he lived as well as those who lived after him rom3:25

Jesus went to preach to those who had died before he lived when he had been crucified( 1peter4:6)
We know Jesus went to paradise when he was crucified(luke 23:43)
We can safely assume this is the place referred to in luke 16 where Abraham and Lazarus were

Rev 22:15 is one verse of many that show not all make it to heaven

Jan 7, 2015
Jesus Christ is the very Word of God, the same Word that spoke to Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham etc. It is written the prophets spoke by the Spirit of Christ, just as it is written the testimony of Jesus Christ is the Spirit of prophecy. Faith in the Word of God is faith in Jesus Christ, even though many did not know the man Jesus many had heard Gods words and were given a chance to believe and follow by faith. The same stone (Word) which the builders rejected, the same Word of God became the head corner stone of the Church.

But even those who had not heard are without excuse because all men are given a conscience by God.

Romans 1:16-21 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.[SUP]17 [/SUP]For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."

Sep 4, 2012
The revelation of the cross was probably more clearly seen by godly men who existed before Israel came into existence. The name of YHWH was known and worshiped.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Same way Rahab was saved...

Jos 2:9-13 and said to the men, "I know that the LORD has given you the land, and that the fear of you has fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land melt away before you. (10) For we have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red Sea before you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to the two kings of the Amorites who were beyond the Jordan, to Sihon and Og, whom you devoted to destruction. (11) And as soon as we heard it, our hearts melted, and there was no spirit left in any man because of you, for the LORD your God, he is God in the heavens above and on the earth beneath. (12) Now then, please swear to me by the LORD that, as I have dealt kindly with you, you also will deal kindly with my father's house, and give me a sure sign (13) that you will save alive my father and mother, my brothers and sisters, and all who belong to them, and deliver our lives from death."

Jos 2:14 And the men said to her, "Our life for yours even to death! If you do not tell this business of ours, then when the LORD gives us the land we will deal kindly and faithfully with you."

Jos 2:14-21 And the men said to her, "Our life for yours even to death! If you do not tell this business of ours, then when the LORD gives us the land we will deal kindly and faithfully with you." (15) Then she let them down by a rope through the window, for her house was built into the city wall, so that she lived in the wall. (16) And she said to them, "Go into the hills, or the pursuers will encounter you, and hide there three days until the pursuers have returned. Then afterward you may go your way." (17) The men said to her, "We will be guiltless with respect to this oath of yours that you have made us swear. (18) Behold, when we come into the land, you shall tie this scarlet cord in the window through which you let us down, and you shall gather into your house your father and mother, your brothers, and all your father's household. (19) Then if anyone goes out of the doors of your house into the street, his blood shall be on his own head, and we shall be guiltless. But if a hand is laid on anyone who is with you in the house, his blood shall be on our head. (20) But if you tell this business of ours, then we shall be guiltless with respect to your oath that you have made us swear." (21) And she said, "According to your words, so be it." Then she sent them away, and they departed. And she tied the scarlet cord in the window.

She heard of the mighty deeds of God, wished to join, was given a promise and believed.