Evidence of Exodus found in Egypt?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I think the starting place is not what it says, but rather it's authenticity and dating,
otherwise the content is irrelevant.

I'm completely ignorant about this papyrus; if anyone has some good info, please post it for us.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I was looking into the study you posted, it places the document into the time of 12th dinasty as the article says. It most likely is genuine. As someone who has studied literature, although it is not impossible, I'd say that it would be extremely hard to fake something like this, because of the language details in graphics and phrasing itself, and also literary forms of the era, and so forth. That's why egyptologists try to squirm out of it, saying that it is a poem so therefore it is not a proof (aka, it is not a historical type of document).

Dec 18, 2013
Well I read what the document say in the link. Making the assumption this is a legit ancient egyptian document, I would say I do not see any correlation between what is recorded therein with the Exodus account. However, I could not help but wonder that if this document is legit if perhaps it might be describing later Egypt in the Bible. Given the hardships Ipuwer describes it strikes me as similar to some of the prophecies against Egypt that the prophets of God foretold.

Oct 30, 2014
Dec 18, 2013
The account is far different than Exodus. For a start, it talks about an invasion of Semites, not an Exodus.
I had noticed this too. Coupled with the calamities described therein makes me wonder if this would moreso fit into the time period between books of Kings and the rebuilding of the temple. I was struck by some of the verses how much they seem to resemble some of the prophecies against Egypt found in Jeremiah and Ezekiel, but perhaps I am reading too far into this as I just recently finished re-reading those books lol.