Exaple results of spiritual gift test

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So i posted for a new forum of spiritual gift test, and i wanted to give an example of the test by my results. and everynow and then i will post the definition of a certain gift and how to effectively use them. I realize some ppl do not care for the test, but i found to know myself a little better from it and i want to help other see what gifts god gave them. the funny thing is often times when ppl take a test like that they find they have gifts they never imagined they would have. I am able to tell at least one gift ppl have just from reading their posts, just by the way the word everything, how they react to something, how they help ppl in cc and such. Here are my most recent resluts

Administration 0
apostle 3
discerning of spirits 4
evangelism 1
Ekballism 0
Exhoration 5
faith 10
giving 15( this i agree with but it gets me into trouble with my mom)
healing 1( !? i don't think so, i have never healed before)
Helps 8
Hospitality 11
Intercession 5
Interpretation of tongues 0( no surprise there)
Knowledge 3( XD Ya right)
Leadership 3( ya i can see a little of that)
Mercy 8
Miracles 0 ( yep this is spot on)
Missionary 4( Aww ya! that is only one of my biggest dreams!)
Prophesy 9(...... i get this one everytime but i do not see much of it at all)
service 13( yep i love to help ppl more than anything:D0
Shepherd( okay maybe, i did promise god i wanted to be a shepherd)
Teaching 1
tongues 0( ya i only know english so no toungue of fire for me)
Voluntary poverty 4
wisdom 0( even i knew that)
Now this test had 125 questions, and i tried to be as honest as i could. Now i do not believe these tests decide our destiny but i do think it certainly helps.

K

kenisyes

The top ones are giving, service, and hospitality. Does this tell you anything?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The top ones are giving, service, and hospitality. Does this tell you anything?
Umm, no i don't think so... I was never good at seeing things about myself only others.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Ekballism: "The special ability that God gives certain members of the Body of Christ to cast out demons and evil spirits" in the name of Jesus Christ.
Traditionally, this gift is known as exorcism, which comes from the Greek work, exorkizo, and means to extract by an oath. In spiritual terms this infers the incantations and spells used by pagans to extract the demonic. Scripturally, this term is only used in relation to the demonic to describe the sons of Sceva's work (Acts 19:13). Wherever Jesus, an apostle, or other believer casts out a demon, the greek term is ekballo, which means to eject, pluck out, or send away. This term is command-driven, and not dependent upon a formula. In Christian life, the term ekballism demonstrates the power we have in Jesus, and minimizes the need for a formula to accomplish Christ's work. Ekballism is a term to separate the power of Christ from the confusion of spiritism around the world.
This gift is a sign gift. Jesus gave His apostles the authority to cast out demons (Mark 3:14, 15; 6:13), and the gift was used during the earliest days of the church (Acts 15:16; 16:16-18). Although western society often excuses spiritual powers with rational explanations, there is no reason to believe that evil spirits are no longer at work in our world. However, those with this gift should be discerning in their use of it, and not develop an excessive preoccupation with demons and evil spirits. The Christian focus should be on the victory won in Jesus Christ, and the salvation and abundant life He offers, not the ever-present forces of evil in this world. Scriptures: Matthew 12:22-32; Luke 10:12-20; Acts 8:5-8; 16:16-18; Romans 8:38-39; Ephesians 6:10-12.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
That would have been my guess..Ek-Baal-ism

K

kenisyes

From the Greek: ballo - to cast, ek- out. Devil comes from ballo also dia- across, ballo - to cast. Meaning to throw accusations at you. That's why your shield extinguishes fiery darts. It's not special, any Christian can do it. Many lack the faith so they think it's special.

Feb 17, 2013
Well I don' know about your test. For one I was healed of alcoholism and asthma in one stoke. I have never been to college ( well I spent 2 years there before I was saved and healed). As far as Spiritual gifts, They are gifts and can't be earned, how do you earn a gift. We are told to seek the gifts by the Apostle Paul. When I received the baptism of Holy Spirit, all were made available me as the Spirit moves. A test of man cannot out weigh the Spirit. God has always chosen the least likely to do His mighty works. So test on my friend.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
3. Discerning of Spirits: "The special ability that God gives to certain members of the Body of Christ to know with assurance whether certain behavior purported to be of God is in reality divine, human, or Satanic."
This gift is a practical gift. Christians with this gift can recognize the true motives of people and also recognize when a person is distorting the truth or communicating error. This person often can recognize when Satan or other evil spirits are at work in a given person or situation. Scriptures: Matthew 16:21-23; Acts 5:1-11; 16:16-18; 17:11-16; 1 Corinthians 12:10; Hebrews 5:14; 1 John 4:1-6. This i have noticed i am able to do, i was up around three am and i saw on t.v. some self proclaimed prophet called Peter popoff. I got a really bad feeling about him and just somehow almost knew he was a false prophet. So i checked around online and it turns out he got Proven to be a false prophet a while back. This same thing also happens when i am around other ppl sometimes good or bad.

K

kenisyes

Gifts aren't so much given to you; they are given by God to others through you.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Shepherd: "The special ability that God gives to certain members of the Body of Christ to assume a long-term personal responsibility for the welfare of a group of believers."
This gift is a leadership gift. This gift is often called "pastor," however, that name has a connotation of a specific position in the church. In actuality, when pastors have this gift, their ability to continue sustained growth in their churches is greatly diminished, as they tend to require a certain level of interaction with every member of their congregation. Those with the gift of shepherd have a great need for long-term relationships. Shepherds will sacrificially give themselves to other people in such a way that they are built-up in their faith. Shepherds take personal responsibility for the successes and failures of those in the group that they invest themselves in. Scriptures: John 10:1-18; Ephesians 4:11-14; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 1 Peter 5:1-4.
Now this shepherd role is something i desire to be, but not for the church as in a building but the church that is all the ppl in the world. Jesus wanted to save all ppl, no person who was born was an accident and regardless of who they are or what they look like, regardless of their faith i know they are treasured to the lord. So someday i want to save them all, however it would be foolish to be believe i can do this myself. Obviously god will have to be in full control of me. All of you other shepherds here in cc know what i am talking about, you know what has to be done here. The lord must go first then his children then us.