Exhausted ...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HEstolemyheart

I am EXHAUSTED. Actually, that may be an understatement.

We just moved. My husband is working 60+ hours a week, on night shift, so we barely see him but for maybe an hour a day.
I have two children, a 3.5 year old boy and a 6 month old girl. My daughter has suddenly become colicky (which is weird for it to start so late, usually it starts early and is ending by now.) She cries all day and night, unless she's being held. I have no issues with this, except I'm so tired and have no support system here (except my husband, who, like I said is working long hours.)

What keeps you going when you're growing weary?

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I was in your shoes when my kids where babies, toddlers. It's so hard. I found a phone call to a friend would help. I also joined a MOPS ( Moms of pre schoolers ) group. That was a saving grace for me. You can look up MOPS international on line, it well tell you if there are any groups that meet in your area. I hope this helps, God Bless you and your family.

M

MissCris

A lot of coffee and a healthy dose of sunshine.

I'm sorry you're getting wiped out, I know it's hard. I have a 2 year old boy and a 2 month old girl, and sleep is...elusive, even with my husband around a little more often than yours is. I'm still trying to figure this whole "mom" thing out; taking care of everyone, keeping the house clean, and finding time to rest and keep my sanity.

I use a combination of coffee, sunshine, prayer, and at least 10 minutes a day to vent and grumble (where no one can hear me) helps keep me going.

I feel for you, I really do! I'll keep you in my prayers.

H

HEstolemyheart

It always helps to know you're not alone! I've come to the conclusion that if there are dirty dishes in the sink, laundry to be washed, ect; they can stay for awhile. Kids are only kids once, they are my priority.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
One thing that seemed to help my daughter when she had colic was Gripe Water, i think you can buy it anywhere now. It's all natural and helps an upset tummy. I still take it sometimes.

M

MissCris

It always helps to know you're not alone! I've come to the conclusion that if there are dirty dishes in the sink, laundry to be washed, ect; they can stay for awhile. Kids are only kids once, they are my priority.
Yes! It's funny you said that, because just this morning my parents dropped in unexpectedly and my house...well, it looks like a bomb went off. And I was mortified, because my step-dad is really judgmental about the way I keep my house, usually. But he actually didn't say anything about it, until I started apologizing to him for the state of the house...and he said "Hey, your kids seem pretty happy and healthy, and they didn't get that way by you spending more time in the kitchen than with them. Keep up the good work."

I was so floored, haha.

But yes, absolutely, kids come before housework!

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
No wonder you're tired! Moving plus taking care of small children is exhausting. Especially without a full night's sleep. I remember what 'survival mode' feels like.

Try to take a nap when the children are sleeping (though my two NEVER took a nap at the same time). Having a playgroup to attend is a very good suggestion. And just getting out of the house regularly helps.

Just accept that you're going to be tired until your youngest starts sleeping through the night again. The move might have thrown her off her sleep schedule. Make sure she gets tired out during the day....and maybe fewer or shorter naps.

H

HEstolemyheart

She's teething on top of everything else, too, which has a lot to do with why she's up every 30 - 45 minutes. We just moved into a gated community, so i've been taking them for walks throughout the day now that the weather's nicer. Today has been much better. Luckily, my husband is only working an 8 hour shift tonight, so he's gonna watch the kids while I get to go (grocery) shopping. Yay! for mommy time. I love my kids, but I need a break!

J

jinx

coffee2.jpg

and a lot of woman-yelling-1.jpg in a 1676301.jpg .

N

Nancyer

She's teething on top of everything else, too, which has a lot to do with why she's up every 30 - 45 minutes. We just moved into a gated community, so i've been taking them for walks throughout the day now that the weather's nicer. Today has been much better. Luckily, my husband is only working an 8 hour shift tonight, so he's gonna watch the kids while I get to go (grocery) shopping. Yay! for mommy time. I love my kids, but I need a break!
Glad to hear you getting a break. Take your time at the store and enjoy it. (buy your favorite candy bar and eat it on the way home).

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Remember that these baby years go by fast! My two are grown now and I can honestly say as I look back that those were the BEST years of my life. Not the easiest, but very, very good!

I remember having a strange fantasy....going out in the garage and just sitting in my car; enjoying the peace and quiet :).