Exodus: Gods and Kings- Another Atheist butchers a beloved Biblical; account

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

twofeet

Interestingly enough Christians as a group tend to blast Hollywood for not putting out movies that are family friendly and portray decent values, but then when they put out something that meets that criteria even slightly we find something else to gripe about. As a result Hollywood execs tend to flat ignore our demographic because they've decided that we can't be made happy.

Rarely has Hollywood portrayed ANY historical event without taking liberties with the story, why would we think they would do differently with portraying a series of events that most of them don't even believe happened?
I said the same thing in Chat one day when they criticized Noah. According to the bible "every inclination of their heart was evil"........can you imagine portraying a world like that? Most christian freak when they hear someone swear! lolol

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Interestingly enough Christians as a group tend to blast Hollywood for not putting out movies that are family friendly and portray decent values, but then when they put out something that meets that criteria even slightly we find something else to gripe about. As a result Hollywood execs tend to flat ignore our demographic because they've decided that we can't be made happy.

Rarely has Hollywood portrayed ANY historical event without taking liberties with the story, why would we think they would do differently with portraying a series of events that most of them don't even believe happened?
I don't get this post at all. The Passion of the Christ, Sonof God, God is NOT dead and others like them clearly suggest that Christians WILL support Biblically accurate movies that don't drastically alter Scripture. Is that too much to ask for?

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I don't get this post at all. The Passion of the Christ, Sonof God, God is NOT dead and others like them clearly suggest that Christians WILL support Biblically accurate movies that don't drastically alter Scripture. Is that too much to ask for?
Do they really support them? I mean Son of God only made 67.8 million and God is not Dead only made 62 million. Meanwhile the top movie of the year made 332 million so far, and it was probably viewed by christians and non christians alike. People aren't making hollywood films for fun. They make them to turn a profit, and when producers attempt to make these religious films and see the results? No wonder they make them more exciting. At least passion is the highest grossing r-rated film in US history, but outside of the christian demographic, it was also a highly graphic epic by a famous director.

Last edited:

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Do they really support them? I mean Son of God only made 67.8 million and God is not Dead only made 62 million. Meanwhile the top movie of the year made 332 million so far, and it was probably viewed by christians and non christians alike. People aren't making hollywood films for fun. They make them to turn a profit, and when producers attempt to make these religious films and see the results? No wonder they make them more exciting. At least passion is the highest grossing r-rated film in US history, but outside of the christian demographic, it was also a highly graphic epic by a famous director.

Son of God made more than THREE times it's budgeted cost, EVEN though most of the movie was seen for free in the blockbuster TV series! I spoke to Christian after Christian who were skeptical that the tv series would stay true to Scripture. The audience builded as it became apparent that it did. God is NOT dead cost a paltry $2 million dollars to make. It made over THIRTY TIMES it's budget! Name a movie that has done that!

Make no mistake. The Atheists that bastardize Scripture not only want to make money, they want to defame the Lord!

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
thirty times two million still doesnt qualify as a blockbuster though.

Aug 1, 2009
I enjoyed the movie. I didn't expect it to be perfectly Biblical of course, but I think if Christians will support and go see such "Bible" story movies, it will get Hollywood starting to think in the right direction. They'll go where the money takes them. Let the money take them to the Bible lol . Plus everyone knows...the book is never exactly like the movie and those interested, just might pick up the book and find something more than worthwhile. The potential effect is worth the occasional $10 to me. I personally don't know anyone dumb enough to believe any Hollywood depiction in a movie as counted as perfectly accurate or authoritarian, but I know plenty of people with curiosity enough to go to the Bible to see what it actually says if something peaks their interest.

Jun 30, 2011
making moses into a warrior
Moses sad that he's fighting the egyptians
God a 10 year old boy
turning the staff into a sword
the plagues i guess are like an afterthought,

looked a bit worthless to me, not willing to spend any kind of money, i don't think i'd even watch it on netflix

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
thirty times two million still doesnt qualify as a blockbuster though.
That's just the point isn't it? If you combine a huge budget with a story that is true to the Word, then wallah!!! you get a blockbuster such as "The Passion of the Christ".

W

wwjd_kilden

It wasn't too bad. Only thing I'd have protested was God being portrayed as a boy
apart from that: hey. it's Hollywood, what'd you expect?