Ezekiel chapter 13- false teachers/preachers coming in God's name

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nathan3

I wanted to try and use a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible (kjv) to help me understand this chapter better. And These are some of the notes I figured out on my own:

In Ezekiel 13, God is speaking against, false prophets and minsters, teachers, etc.They teach out of their own hearts. God says : They say things, saying, God said; but He ever told them anything.

They teach a safety blanket of flying away to save their souls. But Christ is who saves us. God already saved us through His son Jesus Christ. Why is everyone looking for a safety blanket, when God says, He is against it ?

Ezekiel 13

13 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the Lord;

3 Thus saith the Lord God; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!

4 O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts.

5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the Lord.

They have not told people the truth. They keep the gospel armor from people, then they don't know how to stand against Satan's fiery darts.

6 They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The Lord saith: and the Lord hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.

The only thing out of their mouths are falsehoods; untruth, & lying : saying: " the Lord said ", and He never said that or sent them...Those lies cause Christians to wait for those untruths to come to pass , and they neglect God's actual words...

7 Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The Lord saith it; albeit I have not spoken?

They contemplate fake prophecy etc. and speak with excessive pride ; about a evil and destructive lie. Being deceitful & fake, about it, saying The Lord said ; but He has no spoken it.

8 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord God.

Because you have taught lies with cunning deceit an destructive false, lies ,For that reason, watch well, I am against you, saith the Lord God.

9 And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord God.

I will deal with those that make themselves out to be a foretelling prophets of God; that all agree to dealing out useless, destructively, evil deceitful lies. they shall not be in company of my people. These people will not make it.

10 Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter:

Because you lead astray my people ( Christians ). deliberately guaranteeing they are safe and secure in your lies; and there was no safety in that. and they build up the lie and look others smear more lies with untempered or weak lies.

God is using an analogy, a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification:an analogy between the workings of building a weak, wall of protection, and those of the lies of these false teachers. Their lies, are like them smearing whitewash ( think of, plaster etc. ) on these walls, the wall is weak, but their lies make it appear like there's no cracks in the wall.

11 Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall rend it.

Say to them which smear, and overlay,their filth over their lies with check security blankets of rapture, that it will fall:
God is not happy with what is taking place with the Lies of these false prophets of verse 2.

12 Lo, when the wall is fallen, shall it not be said unto you, Where is the daubing wherewith ye have daubed it?

When I judge your built up lies ( wall ). its going to be said, where is the rapture you told us about ? All that false protection you promised us, ( daubing : overlay, plaister, smut.)

13 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; I will even rend it with a stormy wind in my fury; and there shall be an overflowing shower in mine anger, and great hailstones in my fury to consume it.

He's going to break, or make a breach in that wall of lies. He's going to cause people to be troubled, as a whirlwind. That will be from God. its coming . fury translates to: hot displeasure, furious indignation, rage. ( He's not happy with these people teaching lies in His name, and he never sent them. He's going to violently overflow or overwhelm them, in His anger-( a primitive root; to breathe hard, i.e. be enraged:--be angry (displeased).) the hailstones may be a reference this will be completed in the end times . to consume it ( lies, the end ) a completion adverb, completely also destruction:--altogether, (be, utterly) consumed), consummation was determined, (full, utter) end, riddance.

14 So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

pull down or in pieces, destroy the falling wall ( false security ) daubed ( Coat a surface with a thick or sticky substance in a carelessly rough or liberal way, ( with lies ) .) -with untempered - ( lack of seriousness; light-heartedness: falsehoods; foolish things: unsavory things:morally offensive: like rapture and other traditions of men which make void the word of God... and bring it down to the ground ( down, He's going to use Satan to punish them for not listing to the Word's of God that He sent us.) Down to a morally low place, with Satan, when He sends him to earth; for that reason.

foundation thereof shall be "discovered,"-( gaw-law' to denude (especially in a disgraceful sense); revel To disclose. to denude the lies. it shall fall meaning ;cease be judged and stop . -and ye shall be consumed in the center thereof: and ye shall know that I am the Lord. all the false teachers, preachers, minsters , etc. , in this world are going to be finished , perish along with the son of Perdition ( Satan ). ( Matthew 7:21-23 KJV)

15 Thus will I accomplish my wrath upon the wall, and upon them that have daubed it with untempered morter, and will say unto you, The wall is no more, neither they that daubed it;

I will finish my wrath , ( Satan to test them ) , have they listened to God's Word's ? Or listened to traditions of men.? Christ will return, they will be exposed for what they really are; lies.

16 To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord God.

[ to wit ]- that is to say ( to be more specific about something already referred to). so-called prophets, who make themselves prophets. They are preaching safety blankets of peace and safety, but not teaching God's words or Christ warnings of the Antichrist.

17 Likewise, thou son of man, set thy face against the daughters of thy people, which prophesy out of their own heart; and prophesy thou against them,

18 And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you?

sew Pillows - ( sew together coverings upon all the joints of my hands; i.e hide from the people the hands of God; lifted up and spread forth in judgment and truth. ( Isaiah 26:11 ; Isaiah 52:10 ).

Pillows - covering, to cover for secrecy, concealment .

armholes- (in its primary sense of uniting); a joint of the hand (i.e. knuckle) to restrict movement
also from
aw-tsal' a primitive root; properly, to join; used only as a denominative from ''etsel' (681); to separate; hence, to select, refuse, contract:--keep, reserve, straiten : means to to restrict in freedom or scope : hamper

armholes - ( My hands ) referring to the judgments they were to execute: ( Ezekiel 14:9 ; Ezekiel 14:13 )

hunt - to lie alongside (i.e. in wait); by implication, to catch an animal (figuratively, men) ensnare ...

kerchiefs= a veil ..conceals, disguises, or obscures something .abiding, gather together, cleave.
( make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature = make mantels to cover the heads ( and therefore the eyes ) of those whom the judgments of God's hand were about to fall, lest they should see...( wraps that cleave close round the head ). The object being to cover the head so that God's hands my not be seen. ) ( Isa. 26:11 ) .

19 And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies?

Pollute - to wound, to dissolve; figuratively, to profane

handfuls of barley and pieces of bread = money.

20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.

21 Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

23 Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2012
Absolutely.
God never sent someone to say, ...."hey, you all are doing fine!"
Even when Jesus came, John the baptist was telling them to repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
"Make your paths straight"
The ministry of the prophet has languished.
"we fly up outta here!!!"
"before any hurt befalls us!!!"
Phoney baloney rapture doctrine.

A

Anonimous

Absolutely.
God never sent someone to say, ...."hey, you all are doing fine!"
Even when Jesus came, John the baptist was telling them to repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
"Make your paths straight"
The ministry of the prophet has languished.
"we fly up outta here!!!"
"before any hurt befalls us!!!"
Phoney baloney rapture doctrine.

You know? I just can't let the whole subject of a pre-mid-post rapture occupy my mind right now. I'm not even sure if it is right of me to not concern myself with it? God will do what God will do. I try to put my energy into living for Him and only for Him in the here and now. If there is a rapture...then praise God...if not, then all I can do is hope and pray that when the sucky time comes that I will remain loyal to Him and not consider my own life more important.

I am just going to say it as it has been on my mind lately. Even worse than death is that when it comes right down to it will I remain true to Him? Yeah, it is easy to say "I will" right now. There is no persecution or being arrested for believing in Him. But, what happend when the persecution does start...and it will. Future persecution is not debatable...since we know it will come eventually...even here in America. Just a thought. I don't know if anyone else has ever asked themselves about this or not. Thoughts welcomed. gjp

Oh, PM's ok

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 8, 2012
Actually, when your going through it, it will be the closest you will ever feel to God on this side of heaven.

Unless you've ever been through some life threatening injury.

N

nathan3

Actually, when your going through it, it will be the closest you will ever feel to God on this side of heaven.

Unless you've ever been through some life threatening injury.
Well not sure your sharing this same thought. but, people think that it will be a time of death and persecution, but the reality is, it will be a time of peace like this earth never knew as recent .and it will seem like God's heaven on earth, but it will be a lie, and that is the real death.

T

Tintin

False teachers and preachers, coming to a Christian Chat near you! :(

J

jonrambo

haha what you expect? mankind dont have the best track record of knowing right from wrong. without the bible we would probably have all eaten eachother by now

N

nathan3

Just to consider again., One of my favorite chapters to do a Hebrew word study with the strongs.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
False teachers never bring glory to God but theirselves or others.

N

nathan3

False teachers never bring glory to God but theirselves or others.
This chapter tells me it can be very subtle. But, if we know the Bible, we can know how to spot bad fruit .

Jul 26, 2013
Knowing that God does not dwell in buildings made by human hands, is it safe then to say that the overwhelming majority who teach to fill the collection plate, are those very same false teachers the bible talks about? No man can serve two masters.