Facebook censorship.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I don't know I asked around in some of the groups because I can post, I just can't comment and apparently Facebook is doing this to a lot of people for no apparent reason
Facebook is getting to the point that you have to walk on eggshells now. Facebook has turned into digital North Korea now

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
John, I know that you and Lynx are friends but as a Bill Gates user, I would not recommend Linux especially since you’re running a business (I think).

Unless you want to run your business like the Amish. :cool:
Oh I use Windows on the other computer, the one I use for making soundtracks and playing video games.

It never, ever, EVER gets online though.

Papermonkey

Dec 2, 2022
Facebook has blocked me from commenting in groups. I can comment on my own timeline but not in groups.
I get a message saying you are temporarily blocked from using this feature
Typically when you're in Facebook jail, you will get a message from Facebook showing you which comment violated their community standards and how long the suspension is going to last.
One guys on Facebook said the same thing happened to him and it lasted a week.
Since I have received no input from Facebook I guess all I can do is wait it out.
If it lasts any more than a week then I don't know it's a 30-day block.
Have any of you here had this experience?
If it weren't for the fact that I'm on the admin team in an interracial mingling group and have been there for some years, I would probably just delete my whole Facebook account
Can you contact them and ask what's going on?

Oct 30, 2023
Facebook has blocked me from commenting in groups. I can comment on my own timeline but not in groups.
I get a message saying you are temporarily blocked from using this feature
Typically when you're in Facebook jail, you will get a message from Facebook showing you which comment violated their community standards and how long the suspension is going to last.
One guys on Facebook said the same thing happened to him and it lasted a week.
Since I have received no input from Facebook I guess all I can do is wait it out.
If it lasts any more than a week then I don't know it's a 30-day block.
Have any of you here had this experience?
If it weren't for the fact that I'm on the admin team in an interracial mingling group and have been there for some years, I would probably just delete my whole Facebook account
Yet another example of the harm that granting censors immunity can cause. The problem is legal and the solution is to remove the immunity granted by Section 230.

Here is the offensive section (link below) that provides them immunity for their censorship, and note the "whether or not such material is constitutionally protected" part:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/47/230

(c)Protection for “Good Samaritan” blocking and screening of offensive material
(1)Treatment of publisher or speaker
No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.

(2)Civil liability
No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be held liable on account of—
(A)any action voluntarily taken in good faith to restrict access to or availability of material that the provider or user considers to be obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected; or
(B)any action taken to enable or make available to information content providers or others the technical means to restrict access to material described in paragraph (1).[1]