Failure

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 10, 2008
In what ways, if any, has humanity failed God?

What is the result, if any, of such failure(s)?

Feb 10, 2008
Maybe it's not good form, but I'm going to be the first person to answer my own questions. :p

Humanity failed God by not trusting in Him completely. Adam and Eve didn't trust that God knew what was best for them. They chose to not trust that God would provide to them everything they needed.

The result of that failure: Christ's death.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
One may think there are no ways we have not failed God. Now, the question of Christ's crucifixion, I like to think, is more the atoning love and choice of God, rather than a direct result of original sin.

In fact, though seemingly small of a statement, there are many debated theological ideas within your statement. In any case, if you believe in original sin, then the result was death and separation from God, assuming you also take Genisis literally. Now, that said, Christ 'remedied' that situation through His sacrifice.

How have we failed God? Well, could be every way, if that's your focus; however, not everything is a providential test of the Divine. I believe God does allow us to be tested at times, but He's (commonly referred, though transcendent of gender or form, though also existing thus) not mad at you, disappointed, or keeping tabs of your failures. Try to focus more on how you've been obedient, faithful, or who and how you can be with, in, and for God.

Like Paul says, learn to be content and focus on the good rather than the bad. ^^() I know his may not be the response you wanted, but I thought I'd try to chime in more on threads, rather than just reading without responding.

Last edited:

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
You are seriously asking this question?????

Man has failed God in every way, sin is the result.

Feb 10, 2008
I am seriously asking this question.

There are many righteous and good things that man has done. It seems overly simplistic to say that man has failed God in every way.

As for sin being the result of failure, are you trying to get at the cycle of sin that man is living in? That sin results in failure, which results in more sin and more failure?

W

wwjd_kilden

Well, it seems like it started with (and still in many ways is caused by) our desire to make ourselves a name.

We want to be smartest, fastest, biggest, strongest, best and first at everything. (Ranging from the Olympics to wars, from Babel to whatever we compete in nowdays)

Aug 2, 2009
Before anyone of us starts pointing out the incompetence and sinfulness of the human race...

Maybe they should remember who Created it.

And who sacrificed their only begotton Son to save it!

thats all I'm sayin.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2008
One may think there are no ways we have not failed God. Now, the question of Christ's crucifixion, I like to think, is more the atoning love and choice of God, rather than a direct result of original sin.

In fact, though seemingly small of a statement, there are many debated theological ideas within your statement. In any case, if you believe in original sin, then the result was death and separation from God, assuming you also take Genisis literally. Now, that said, Christ 'remedied' that situation through His sacrifice.

How have we failed God? Well, could be every way, if that's your focus; however, not everything is a providential test of the Divine. I believe God does allow us to be tested at times, but He's (commonly referred, though transcendent of gender or form, though also existing thus) not mad at you, disappointed, or keeping tabs of your failures. Try to focus more on how you've been obedient, faithful, or who and how you can be with, in, and for God.

Like Paul says, learn to be content and focus on the good rather than the bad. ^^() I know his may not be the response you wanted, but I thought I'd try to chime in more on threads, rather than just reading without responding.
Oh, I forgot to say. Well thought out response! Thank you! :)

K

kayem77

I am of the belief that we have failed God in almost every possible way. I say this because everytime I think I'm doing great, it doesn't take a long time to realize that I have a temptation to sin of pride, or selfishness, or disobedience,etc, it could be anything really. I have discovered that the more I want to please God, I also keep finding sin within myself. I came to understand Paul's words ''what I want to do I don't do, but I do the very thing I hate''.
Now am I saying that I live feeling guilty everyday? No...but I realize how faaaaaaaaar away I am from deserving God's grace and mercy.

The utimate result of this failure is spiritual death. And the solution is, of course, Christ :).

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
I am seriously asking this question.

There are many righteous and good things that man has done. It seems overly simplistic to say that man has failed God in every way.

As for sin being the result of failure, are you trying to get at the cycle of sin that man is living in? That sin results in failure, which results in more sin and more failure?
Just a little idea...

I picture a game, a cruel game of freeze tag. There is a shape-shifting, cold-hearted Individual who originally tagged God's Creation. Since then, those who are tagged are killed,injured, tempted (possibly to become another cold-tagger), and/or have something or someone else stolen. There is hope, though! God, the ultimate hot-tagger, and other hot-taggers are constantly looking to stop cold-tagging and, ultimatley, save lives. Each hot-tag can change (even reverse) the effects of a cold-tagged person, place, thing, or organism.

This does not answer your question, but I just wanted to mention freeze-tag :)
Original Sin and Sin-effect are NOT the same; I believe there is an entity of origin for both.

Last edited:

IDEAtor

Aug 15, 2012
Just a little idea...

I picture a game, a cruel game of freeze tag. There is a shape-shifting, cold-hearted Individual who originally tagged God's Creation. Since then, those who are tagged are killed,injured, tempted (possibly to become another cold-tagger), and/or have something or someone else stolen. There is hope, though! God, the ultimate hot-tagger, and other hot-taggers are constantly looking to stop cold-tagging and, ultimatley, save lives. Each hot-tag can change (even reverse) the effects of a cold-tagged person, place, thing, or organism.

This does not answer your question, but I just wanted to mention freeze-tag :)
Original Sin and Sin-effect are NOT the same; I believe there is an entity of origin for both.
The 5-minute edit allowance timer thing kept me from adding my newest edits, so I just wanted to
share that saving lives is not the ultimate purpose; rather, God wants everyone to have life more abundantly (John 10:10, Ephesians 3:10).