Faith and non-Christian friends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

ForeverHis42

So, I go to a public school, and I have two really close friends and a friend that I am friends with but not as close as to and another who is like a school friend because she has never been to my house nor me to hers, but we eat lunch together. (she might be joining my girl scout troop though) My two close friends are both not religous, but one has another friend who is Catholic. The other two friends are both Jewish. The first and third friends I spoke of and me make up my troop. A while ago, we went to this little town in the mountains, stayed in a house for a few days, and worked on a multitude of badges. One night after we went to bed, we somehow started talking about religion or somethings slong those lines because I found myself Revelation. It was kind of awkward because friend one is not religious and friend two is Jewish. So here we were talking about stuff that only the person speaking understood. I was explaining being saved, and the rapture, and all the horrible things that was going to happen after that, and friend one got kinda quiet like she was thinking that she wouldn't want to part of that. Then she asked a few questions, and I hope that ment she wanted to be saved. My problem is that I want my friends to be with me in hevean, but don't have the courage to tell them about Jesus. The close friend that is not part of my troop I have taken to youth group several times, but only on the evenings where we are doing a movie night or someother fun activity that doesn't involve small group. Sometimes I think about how I wish Revelation would happen right now so that when people started to figure things out they would ask for forgivenes and join me in hevean. I guess that is kinda selfish though. Help anybody? : /

E

EnaGoguette

So, I go to a public school, and I have two really close friends and a friend that I am friends with but not as close as to and another who is like a school friend because she has never been to my house nor me to hers, but we eat lunch together. (she might be joining my girl scout troop though) My two close friends are both not religous, but one has another friend who is Catholic. The other two friends are both Jewish. The first and third friends I spoke of and me make up my troop. A while ago, we went to this little town in the mountains, stayed in a house for a few days, and worked on a multitude of badges. One night after we went to bed, we somehow started talking about religion or somethings slong those lines because I found myself Revelation. It was kind of awkward because friend one is not religious and friend two is Jewish. So here we were talking about stuff that only the person speaking understood. I was explaining being saved, and the rapture, and all the horrible things that was going to happen after that, and friend one got kinda quiet like she was thinking that she wouldn't want to part of that. Then she asked a few questions, and I hope that ment she wanted to be saved. My problem is that I want my friends to be with me in hevean, but don't have the courage to tell them about Jesus. The close friend that is not part of my troop I have taken to youth group several times, but only on the evenings where we are doing a movie night or someother fun activity that doesn't involve small group. Sometimes I think about how I wish Revelation would happen right now so that when people started to figure things out they would ask for forgivenes and join me in hevean. I guess that is kinda selfish though. Help anybody? : /
Well, when u get the chance to, should speak up. And pray, it's hard, 'cause i've been through those times. Pray and talk to God about it, He'll let u do most of the talking... It's hard, i know, but if ur a little embarrassed to speak up for Christ, He'll be embarrassed to speak up for u, I've been through that time of my life. But ur either for Him, or against Him... Pray to God about that... He'll hear you, if u believe... God bless u, sis

F

ForeverHis42

I wouldnt say that Im embaressed to speak up, more just like, not the kind of person to share personal stuff.True, they are my close friends but I dont want to be all akward around them after i explain. start small, i guess. maybe take her to youth group for a while first? or sunday church... to bad we just finished our long study on the life of moses :(

E

EnaGoguette

I wouldnt say that Im embaressed to speak up, more just like, not the kind of person to share personal stuff.True, they are my close friends but I dont want to be all akward around them after i explain. start small, i guess. maybe take her to youth group for a while first? or sunday church... to bad we just finished our long study on the life of moses :(
Exactly. Don't just through it in their faces, but talk, small talk with them... It's easier, just pray, God'll help, sis. God bless u:)

U

Ugly

Hi Forever
Just because the things in Revelations hit, does not mean people are going to run out and get saved all of a sudden. In fact, lots of people are going to die, many people will commit suicide, many will turn against God in their fear and anger. Not to mention they will be told other things are the cause of the events, and many people will believe these lies.
Also, as the one world government comes into power and enforces the Mark of the Beast, people will be accepting it because they will require it to eat, pay bills, and so on. Refusing to take it, is literally, a death sentence.
Our calling in this life is to prevent people from suffering through this fate, and from Hell as well. Next time you feel intimidated to speak up, look that person in the eyes, and picture them in Hell, looking up at you saying 'you knew, why didn't you warn me?'.

S

Seth

Representing God can be tricky at times. Mostly because oftentimes your emotions and views of the subject or the person in question can cause you to say something that doesn't quite suit the moment, or God's image. The best person you know who can represent God is God, so ask God for guidance if you find yourself trying to scratch together the right words. He's boosted my Charisma whenever I asked genuinely. But, that can sometimes depend on the person, and the relationship that person has with God.

Don't let fear seal your lips shut. But at the same time mind some of the things that your fear is telling you. Like how the other person might close down if you come across to bitter, or not receive the message at all if you're too meek about it. Again, confide in God and he'll give you the words. Remember saving a person doesn't always have to reside completely on your lap alone. Some people sow, some people reap. God has a way of working things out in the end.

Ultimately, there's really nothing more that you can do other than to urge your friends in the right direction. Ultimately the choice is theirs. Don't the burdon of their mistakes on your shoulders, as it's not your fault. Unless you go hellfire preaching, or commit hypocritical acts. I've seen more Atheists turn bitter toward God due to those two things than any scientist's crackpot theory.

I'm no expert on the matter, just passing along some of what I believe, and some of what I've learned. Don't sweat it, you've got God on your side, OP. (OP stands for Original Poster, if you didn't know that already.)

F

ForeverHis42

Hi Forever
Just because the things in Revelations hit, does not mean people are going to run out and get saved all of a sudden. In fact, lots of people are going to die, many people will commit suicide, many will turn against God in their fear and anger. Not to mention they will be told other things are the cause of the events, and many people will believe these lies.
Also, as the one world government comes into power and enforces the Mark of the Beast, people will be accepting it because they will require it to eat, pay bills, and so on. Refusing to take it, is literally, a death sentence.
Our calling in this life is to prevent people from suffering through this fate, and from Hell as well. Next time you feel intimidated to speak up, look that person in the eyes, and picture them in Hell, looking up at you saying 'you knew, why didn't you warn me?'.
Yeah, i know, but there will be those people who notice that everything is lining up with the bible and head for salvation. shouldnt rely on that though. arrrrrgh! i think that sometimes being a Christian is a lot harder than it appears.
ForeverHis42

K

kenisyes

God created a marvelous opportunity that night, and you did well just being yourself. These are your friends, so I'm sure He'll create another opportunity. You and your friends are young yet, and you are all maturing at different rates and in different ways. Let them digest what you said, and stay open. By all means, pray in faith for them and their salvation every day, but be patient, and leave it in God's hands, because He knows them, and his timing is always perfect. Keep loving them as they are, and as the great gifts they are to you now, and the greater gifts they will become when they get saved. They know who to come to when they are ready to hear more.

F

ForeverHis42

I love my friends. They are so amazing to me, I want to have them with me in heaven. :D