Family & friends + finding a new church & other believers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

ScaryJS97

Please pray for my family and friends. I literally know no one else who is definitely saved. My parents are pretty lukewarm, my sisters have no relationship with God at all and two of them are lesbian/bisexual, and my dearest friends do not know God either and regularly go to parties and get drunk, have casual sex and all that business.

I always feel deeply sad when I hear about what they were up to at the weekend, or how their most recent relationship broke down painfully because it was based on lust, or how they're now in a relationship with someone of the same gender... I just want them to know God and be saved, too. His love, his satisfaction, fulfilment, purpose, fellowship... They all clearly need it. Everyone does. I feel pretty lonely and sad sometimes when I'm stood on the sidelines trying to get them to listen but they're too caught up in their lives. Please pray for them all. The two friends that I do have who profess to be Christians lead lives that may suggest otherwise. Please pray for them.

I'd appreciate it if you would pray for me, too, that I may better represent Christ to them all and be more like Christ. Please pray that I find a good, solid, biblical new church, too, as I left my previous one due to feeling pretty alienated by the big crowds. I'm thinking now in hindsight that it was probably my own fault for being too reactive and not proactive. Ah I don't know. What I do know is that I need to be back at church, possibly even that one, and I desperately need fellowship and friendship with other Christians in my life. So please pray that God guides me through this and grants me the vision to see what path I should take.

Thank you all and God bless everyone of you who took the time to read this. I pray that He continues to work through you.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord Jesus, save these souls from destruction, please come in their life. we pray Lord bless scaryjs97. with christians friends, who help him in everyways to stay strong in you. and become a gospel for others. lead him to a Church where he will be nourished, Yes Lord Jesus, Amen

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Than you Father in advance for answering his prayer in Jesus name

C

ChristIsGod

Amen, praying that you'll find a really strong in the Word Church and that you will also find your strength in Christ, regardless of where you're living and that you'll find good Christian friends. And for you to just plant seeds with your family and other friends and we'll trust Him to water those seeds or send others that will, besides circumstances that could draw them to Jesus for help. Very good to see you posting here and having insight that some older people may not have. Stay strong.

B

butterfly712

I'm praying for you,in Lord,Jesus name,Amen.

S

ScaryJS97

Thank you all, guys. Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you all so much for your prayers. God has indeed granted me vision on what path I should take in regards to which church I should go to. On Sunday I am going back to the church I left. The only problem I had was that it was quite a big church so it was hard to get involved in the community, but I think the problem was really in me for not getting stuck in there and talking to more people. I realise now that if I want God's people around me, I have to put them there. A new big friendship circle of believers isn't going to turn up on my doorstep one day. I'm confident and glad that I will be meeting some other believers this weekend! So thank you for your prayers, and glory to God!

However, it's far from all good. Today one of my best friends, Megan, who I was praying for most told me she is an atheist. She hadn't been 100% sure about it until recently, but now she reckons she definitely doesn't believe in God and has said that she wouldn't find any strong argument for God convincing... I love her so much, it makes me want to cry that she rejects God. Her heart is hardened to Him, but I think there is still some hope. She's gentle and relatively open-minded about it. With continued prayer for her, continuing to love her in the name of God and continuing to share God with her, I pray so hard that she will find faith. I feel so down. Please, I ask that you keep praying for my friends and family, especially now Megan. Please pray for me, too.

Thank you for your prayers once again, guys. I really appreciate it and take encouragement from it!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Praying for your family and friends. You have a situation to shine the light of Christ into these people's lives. I will pray God will give your strength and continued love for these people.