Family Member Not a Christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BreeGab14

Hi, I'm new on here and I felt like I needed help on this issue and I have no one to talk to without giving me the same generic answer. My father went through a lot as a child, which happened to put a chip on his shoulder. So when you try to bring God into the conversation, it makes him uncomfortable. He says he believes in Him, but hey, Satan believes in Him. But I worry about him because I'm afraid he's never going to be saved. And people always tell me to keep praying, and I do. But I'm worried that he's too far gone, or I'm afraid it may be too late because let's face it, this world isn't going to last much longer. I just need advice on how to handle this. Thank you.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
just keep praying for him. you never know when God could come into his heart and change him. but I say this carefully: do not " beat him on the head" with the Bible. test it from time to time, but don't constantly push it. I have always " believed " in God, but when I was in my 20's I was into partying and did not care about God or his word, or having him as Lord of my life. but during this time my mother would talk to me about Jesus but did not push it. eventually God touched my heart and I came to Christ. I pray this happens to your dad.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
NOBODY is too far gone for God!!! Yes, pray, as everyone has told you. Also, simply be a good witness by your own actions. Live a godly life -- it can be very attractive to the non-believer. Don't back off of giving God praise in front of him, but don't badger him either. You never know when God will open a door and you can witness to him with words, but know that actions speak louder than words!

B

BreeGab14

just keep praying for him. you never know when God could come into his heart and change him. but I say this carefully: do not " beat him on the head" with the Bible. test it from time to time, but don't constantly push it. I have always " believed " in God, but when I was in my 20's I was into partying and did not care about God or his word, or having him as Lord of my life. but during this time my mother would talk to me about Jesus but did not push it. eventually God touched my heart and I came to Christ. I pray this happens to your dad.

Thank you for telling me this, and I appreciate your prayers. I hope this works for my father.

S

SouthwestSeeker

How do you know he is not saved?

Jun 19, 2011
Its a tough situation to be in, I hope it works out. You and your dad are in my prayers.