fasting

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 10, 2013
if youv prayed for something an fasted, have you kept fasting till god answer your pray?
No. I have never done this. I have however repeated a three day or even felt led to prolong my fasting to seven and sometimes as much as 14 days. I don't think along the lines of, if or when God answers my prayers. I know at all times God hears my prayers. Sometimes He chooses to show me the results sometimes not. Sometimes I don't receive exactly what I asked for.

For example, My uncle Chet was hospitalized last year about this time. I fasted and prayed several times specifically for Chet and his health. Really what I was asking God for was more time for my uncle so we could continue to enjoy him. Over thanksgiving last year though he was still hospitalized he was doing very well. We went to see him and it was a precious time. He was released from the hospital the day before Christmas doing fine. I was full of joy and praising and thanking God. Totally answered prayer right? Well Christmas day he suddenly became very ill and went right back into the hospital. This time it was his liver and he died Jan. 4th. Chet Meaux - Obituary - The Dispatch Not exactly what I asked for but...I know we all die. When Chet died I thanked God and was just as full of joy and praise as I had been when Chet got out of the hospital. So God answered me, HIs answer was yes, and no. Yes I could and did get to spend more time with him and enjoyed those precious moments but no I could not get years more.

Most often when I fast it is about another persons salvation. There are times it is about a marriage or about health issues for someone. but when you think of fasting and praying 3 days and nights you realize you wind up praying for many things not just one person over one thing even if that is the main reason for the fast.

I do look at fasting much different than I used to. I used to think of it as a means to an end...adding power to my prayers ect. Today I practice it as much for the pure pleasure of being close to God as I do for praying over any particular person.

God teaches me more when I am fasting than at any other time.
I feel God's presence far more powerfully when I fast than any other time.
When I fast I long for God's word. (which is why I play scripture when I fast) but it gives me such a thirst for God's word that it carries on for months.
The blessings are really beyond measure and indescribable. I wish everyone could have these same experiences with God that I have.

May God's grace and peace be with each of you.

U

ukkez

thanks for your exsample. i dont know why, i had forgotten i tryed to do a fast of food for a day about 4 years ago, i was at work, i remember snapping at someone though coz of the hunger, when i got home i prayed about my job and im sure soon after was went i got dreams and pictures when i prayed that i needed to change jobs, we were poor and almost homeless so i did the fast out of desparation, but from that iv changed jobs and god has given me alot bk and iv got selfish, i feel i need to fast for some people i work with, there not saved and coursing me alot of problems, there very hard to work with, but this week i wanted to fast but then breakfast lunch and tea time comes around and i just start eatting without thinking till after i then feel guilty. iv got 4 days off next week, im going to spend a day with god then!

Jun 14, 2013
While not a religious catholic, I do believe fasting is useful for anyone capable of doing it successfully. It teaches humility, self-disciple and can put things into perspective.

When there's billions around the world going hungry I think fasting Is a good way or the overprivledged western world to have an idea of what is happening as well.

"I can think, I can wait, I can fast."
-Excerpt from Herman Hesse's, "Siddhartha"