Father's dying

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

My dad has always been a very violent and abusive man. Most of my life I have shoved all of his abuse under the carpet. It's only been recently that Ive been able to admit the rape, molestation, and other fits of rage. Two yrs I was married, several months before that my father was diagnosed
with stage 4 bile duct cancer. Through nothing less than an act of God, he received a full liver transplant, and they found no cancer. Two months later, he came to my wedding and hobbled down the isle with me. I wish I hadn't allowed him to. At the beginning of this year, I sent him a kind but forthright letter stating that he had to start taking responsibility and stop manipulating the world to feel sorry for him. After he received the letter, he (through my stepmom) denied everything, and they both disowned me. They told me I was the one who needed help and not contact them until I was fixed. Anyway, that was in the beginning of January. At the same time They told me he had less than a year to live.
Today he was admitted to the hospital with stomach pain. My oldest brother lives far away and has little information. My sister wants nothing to do with my dad. My younger brother is just fed up with it all, so I have no way of knowing what's going on. To be honest, I kind of wish he would die. He has caused so many people so much pain. I do love him, but I also hate him. I'm not quite sure how I should feel. He is 62 and not saved.

clee356

Apr 5, 2011
Wow, I'll be keeping him in prayer :(

Lord Father, we lift up our sister's father to you. Lord you know everything that's happened, everything she''s been through, everything he's been through. We also know that you're a just God. you do what's just and right for the good we do, and for the bad things we do. Lord we pray for our sister. Fill her with your grace and mercy and peace. Help her to see her father through your eyes. Help her not to be bitter, but to let him go and surrender him to you. And Lord, you are a healing God. We're asking you to do your will, what's in your plan. But we're also believing that you can heal him. Lord, we pray that through this circumstance, he will realize time is short. We pray that he will see you in her, we're praying that he will accept you into his life. We thank you for what you're going to do with the both of them. We pray all these things in your name, amen.

S

shekaniah

I have said a prayer...

M

Miguel7

Father of Lights, May Your will shine in this darkness. Though it seem like night, may Jordache find your peace, no matter what happens in this situation. Give her grace to forgive, and let go of the burdens of the past. In Jesus Name. Amen.
I am very sorry to hear of these circumstances. My family has had similar events over the past 20 years. It is not easy. But, please do not let the poison of bitterness destroy you. Our Father paid a very hight price for our freedom. Death would like nothing better than to take us down as well.