Favorite Media Quotes that Seem to Fit In With Our Faith! ("I'll Be Back!")

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey everyone,

The recent "Name that Show" thread (in which people were able to identify TV quotes) was a lot of fun :)

I read a great post that made the quote, "Come with me if you want to live," (Terminator) and the poster commented that it sounded like something Jesus could have said :)! That really made me smile.

Now of course, I'm not trying to say this is something Jesus would have said and I am NOT trying to put words into God's Word at all, but I just thought it might be fun to list some quotes (from movies, books, songs, TV, etc.) that could fit with our Christian faith.

(And for those of us who aren't as good with pop culture trivia, give us some background as to where and who your quote is from.)

Here are a few I was thinking of:

1. Of course, there is the thread title. I was thinking of the Ascension... and telling the people watching Jesus going into heaven, "Don't worry. HE'LL BE BACK!!!" (again, Terminator)

2. When something happens at work and a co-worker laments that we can't possibly finish this 60-step project in the next 30 minutes we've been given, I often smile, shake my head, and say, "I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Darth Vader) I suppose I could say this to my good-natured unbelieving friends as well. :)

3. Milla Jovovich is my favorite female action star (though I fear she looks too thin to be able to hold up the guns). But in her first few movies, they seemed to try to give her a catchphrase... It has since disappeared (apparently), but it reminds of Jesus healing on the Sabbath.

The Pharisees would tell him, "Jesus, you can't heal on the Sabbath!!!" And sometimes, it was as if Jesus looked around, gave His best smile, and told them, "Watch me."

How about all of you? Any favorite quotes that sound as if they could fit into a Biblical moment or story?

I

iTOREtheSKY

Re: Favorite Media Quotes that Seem to Fit In With Our Faith! ("I'll Be Back!")

Hey everyone,

The recent "Name that Show" thread (in which people were able to identify TV quotes) was a lot of fun :)

I read a great post that made the quote, "Come with me if you want to live," (Terminator) and the poster commented that it sounded like something Jesus could have said :)! That really made me smile.

Now of course, I'm not trying to say this is something Jesus would have said and I am NOT trying to put words into God's Word at all, but I just thought it might be fun to list some quotes (from movies, books, songs, TV, etc.) that could fit with our Christian faith.

(And for those of us who aren't as good with pop culture trivia, give us some background as to where and who your quote is from.)

Here are a few I was thinking of:

1. Of course, there is the thread title. I was thinking of the Ascension... and telling the people watching Jesus going into heaven, "Don't worry. HE'LL BE BACK!!!" (again, Terminator)

2. When something happens at work and a co-worker laments that we can't possibly finish this 60-step project in the next 30 minutes we've been given, I often smile, shake my head, and say, "I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Darth Vader) I suppose I could say this to my good-natured unbelieving friends as well. :)

3. Milla Jovovich is my favorite female action star (though I fear she looks too thin to be able to hold up the guns). But in her first few movies, they seemed to try to give her a catchphrase... It has since disappeared (apparently), but it reminds of Jesus healing on the Sabbath.

The Pharisees would tell him, "Jesus, you can't heal on the Sabbath!!!" And sometimes, it was as if Jesus looked around, gave His best smile, and told them, "Watch me."

How about all of you? Any favorite quotes that sound as if they could fit into a Biblical moment or story?
That poster was ME ty very much. LOL

A

arwen83

Pretty much 1/2 of the LOTR trilogy script :p

E

Epicnerdheroix

RoboCop (1987): "Stay out of trouble" (live Godly) and "Dead or alive, you're coming with me" ("He that believes in Me, but he were dead, yet shall be live"). BTW, the whole movie is an allegory for the story of Christ in the Gospels: Murphy's death ("crucifixion" with the gang as the 'Roman soldiers' laughing and mocking him), his "resurrection" and seeking the final victory over the gang (Satan), how Robo walks on water at the end of the film, etc.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009

"Always look on the bright side of life." - Monty Python, Life of Brian