Favorite version of A Christmas Carol

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Other than the original novel

• Scrooge (with Alastair Sim)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Mickey's Christmas Carol

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Muppet Christmas Carol

• A Christmas Carol (with George C. Scott)

• A Christmas Carol (with Jim Carey)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (indicate)

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Nov 29, 2012
Well then since Newluke has me on ignore, he won't mind if I say that I knew he'd come back, in typical troll fashion. He said he wouldn't and yet he came back anyway. There's your proof of a troll. Every time he posts he will be reported unless he actually contributes something positive.
Funny, because I thought you had ME on ignore, lol. Stop it... please... you made your point already. With a judgemental attitude like that you should maybe reconsider using the phrase 'love in Christ Jesus' too much. Now there are two things we could do here, we could either carry on fighting over this trivial matter in the forums (and noone would benefit from that) or we could just ignore each other. You clearly don't like me for some reason, but this has got to stop. So again, please, let it rest. Thank you.

Nov 29, 2012
Allow me to assuage your uncertainty. It is not.
... and since you're not a christian, and maybe even an atheist, you DO have that luxury ofcourse. I for once can only love you in Christ Jesus. But having said that I also have no choice but to ignore you now. I'm sure you understand. Don't bother responding, thank you.

Nov 29, 2012
My favorite is the 1984 version with George C. Scott as Scrooge. I think anything George C. Scott touched turned to gold. The 2009 movie with Jim Carey isa close second.
To you and the rest of the CC members i want to apologize for the fighting in your thread. It's below the dignity of brothers and sisters in Christ, I'm sorry it happened. I never wanted this thread to be derailed in such a terrible way.

I like Dickens a lot btw, although 'A Christmas Carol' isn't really my favorite. I have read it though, like most of Dickens'books. :)

G

GM777

And to think I was going to feel ashamed for saying Mickey's Christmas Carol... Not only is it on the list, but it is in the lead!!

S

sing4theLordJesus

As far as I'm aware, the Patrick Stewart version was only released as a freebie with The Daily Mail in the UK. I got a copy from Ebay.
That reminds me, I should check my brother's library to see if he has it. He's a big fan of ST:TNG and Patrick Stewart.

S

sing4theLordJesus

Newluke...you are the one who started this. First by making a comment not relative to the thread which by the way was "What is your favorite version of A Christmas Carol" You said, and I quote (and note these were before you were put on ignore)
Scrooge hated xmas, but was brainwashed into liking that pagan holiday by three GHOSTS. Need I say more? :rolleyes:

This was off-topic since that was not what the thread is about. It is not about whether Christmas a Pagan holiday.

You later said

1) I DID contribute something to the discussion, and it was not off topic. (Wrong, it was off-topic since you didn't say what version of ACC you liked until several posts later.)
2) The celebration of Xmas is more pagan than blasphemous in nature. (That is not what this topic is about.)
3) This is an open forum, so in principle I can post anywhere I like. (That does not entitle anyone to post off-topic or inappropriate comments. There is a rule against doing so.)

Then when you were labeled as a troll, you went on the attack stating:

Yes, that could work too. If you don't agree with someone, just call him a troll. Saying like that makes you sound kinda shallow, don't you think?

And also

You're using circular reasoning... and yes, let's all IGNORE whoever doesn't agree with us. I'm gonna ignore this thread RIGHT NOW, so have fun ya'll... ;)

At this point nobody thought you were going to post in this thread. But, as I said in another post (which I know you read since you replied AGAIN on the attack) I knew you would be, because you were – and still are- behaving like a juvenile internet troll. You proved me right by then posting several more inappropriate comments:

I don't think anything I say will make you (referring to Fractal Curve) or sing4lordjesus change your mind, nor can I be bothered about your opinion of me anymore. There's nothing i can do about your judgemental attitude, but I still love you both in Christ Jesus. I'm not sure the feeling is mutual though.

Might I add you also contacted ME first with numerous messages, which didn't stop until I put you on ignore?

You even mentioned in this same thread you were going to ignore me with your comment “thank you”
to my comment about putting you on the ignore list. But did you ignore my comments and posts afterward? No.

Instead you decided to follow me around and comment on other threads I participated in. As long as I see “Newluke” in the thread I will indeed occasionally check on the post, altho I don't read them...I don't have to in some instances since some have told me what you wrote (and I will not give names).

Now you are trying to backpedal and play nice by apologizing for derailing the thread, when you are the one who did so in the first place. You have also made inappropriate comments to me such as:
Funny, because I thought you had ME on ignore, lol. Stop it... please... you made your point already. With a judgemental attitude like that you should maybe reconsider using the phrase 'love in Christ Jesus' too much. Now there are two things we could do here, we could either carry on fighting over this trivial matter in the forums (and noone would benefit from that) or we could just ignore each other. You clearly don't like me for some reason, but this has got to stop. So again, please, let it rest. Thank you.

And if you want to know why I read SOME of your posts lately it is because after you decided to start harassing me in various forms that I have been monitoring your behavior to see if you would indeed stop replying. You didn't. This is typical TROLL behavior.
So since you have lied already (you said you were going to ignore the thread and you haven't) and are now lying by replying to my posts instead of ignoring me like you said you would; you have judged me based on words taken out of context (something I discovered is common with you thanx to others' posts), you have labeled myself and others as judgmental or atheists, and therefore you have given me no choice but to expose you as the troll you are. Like I told you, trolls never think they are trolls, just like someone with a problem often is in denial they have a problem. You have proven yourself over and over in countless threads that you do this to many members of this forum. You almost drove me away from here, but you will not succeed. When YOU decide to stop replying to me, follow me around (ex. Replying to a thread I started) and harass me – yes, HARASS – you leave me no choice but to post this. I know full well you WILL read this because you almost seem obsessed. Do as you say in the future and ignore the thread if you say you're going to do so. Otherwise be prepared.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sing4theLordJesus

and also "newluke" stop reading my posts. That's not ignoring. Do what you said you were going to do.

S

sing4theLordJesus

Doesn't matter, you know who won. Bye everyone, before I get banned (if I haven't been already)

L

Lvanett

I like Dickens a lot btw, although 'A Christmas Carol' isn't really my favorite. I have read it though, like most of Dickens'books. :)
I read it, and when I saw the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol, I realized it wasn't as faithful to the book as I expected. But then I read the book after seeing the movie. :D

F

Fractal_Curve

... and since you're not a christian, and maybe even an atheist, you DO have that luxury ofcourse. I for once can only love you in Christ Jesus. But having said that I also have no choice but to ignore you now. I'm sure you understand. Don't bother responding, thank you.
Oh please, you're not ignoring anyone.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
LOL, the only one I've seen was the Mickey Mouse one. I'll have to say that one.

@ Fractal_Curve:

I'd suggest ignoring the troll. They don't go away if you feed them.
Don't forget your own advice.