Favourite Bible verses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

katie97

Mine is from Deuteronomy 31:6 - "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you". This verse has helped and inspired me and also even brought me to tears at times when I've really been struggling. I consider the thing that they are talking about in this verse to be all the hard times I've had in life, and this is God's way of telling me that I don't need to be afraid anymore because He is on my side.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
One of my favorites is - John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"

Another that jumped out at me, the moment I read it, was - Micah 7:8: "Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, The Lord will be a light to me"

K

katie97

Oh I like that second one.

Mar 4, 2013
Romans 5:1-5 (KJV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP]Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
[SUP]4 [/SUP]And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
[SUP]5 [/SUP]And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
John 3:16) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 17:14) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world 15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17) Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18) As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19) And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. 20) Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Job 28:28) And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

(these are three to start with, but there are so many............ :) )

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
This verse offers great encouragement: Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them (Hebrews 7:25). Knowing that the Great High Priest is interceding for His saints and their salvation is assured by His atoning work is comforting. :)

R

reject-tech

Hard to pick a favorite, mine changes regularly, but mostly I guess 1 Timothy 2:1-6

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

S

Sanashankar

Jb 5:17 . Behold, happy [is] the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:
Jb 5:18 For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole.
Jb 5:19 He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee.

and then

Hb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

People if they don't care abt us, they ignore or avoid us when we do wrong, but our father beats us and trains us to be good. i even love the meaning of chastisment given in Strongs dictionary

G3811 paideuo pahee-dyoo'-o

from G3816;

to train up a child, i.e. educate

Nov 13, 2012
O Daughter of Babylon who are to be destroyed; blessed shall he be who requites you according to what you have done to us. Beatified shall he be who takes your little infants by the feet and dashes their heads to pieces against the Stone. -- Psalm 137:8-9

Dec 9, 2011
John 3:16) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 17:14) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world 15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17) Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18) As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19) And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. 20) Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Job 28:28) And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

(these are three to start with, but there are so many............ :) )

I like those picks
:)

Jun 30, 2011
I would actually have to say an entire chapter - Hebrews 12

My earthly father didn't discipline me, but my heavenly Father does for my good because He really does love me

Tells me to pursue peace with all men, and holiness - without which no one will see the Lord

Tells me because of all who have gone before me to cast aside every sin that so easily entangles me

Tells me of the pleasant mount that I come to, rather than the fire mount of judgement

Tells me that my struggle isn't that bad - I can endure

That God is a consuming fire!

K

katie97

I would actually have to say an entire chapter - Hebrews 12

My earthly father didn't discipline me, but my heavenly Father does for my good because He really does love me

Tells me to pursue peace with all men, and holiness - without which no one will see the Lord

Tells me because of all who have gone before me to cast aside every sin that so easily entangles me

Tells me of the pleasant mount that I come to, rather than the fire mount of judgement

Tells me that my struggle isn't that bad - I can endure

That God is a consuming fire!
Wow. I love those! :)

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Yahchanan (John) 5:14, "Afterward, Yahshua found him in the sacred precinct and said to him: G2Behold, you are healed. Sin no more, or a worse thing will come upon you."

R

Richie_2uk

Romans 8: 11
"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because ofhis Spirit who lives in you."

Aug 2, 2013
Proverbs 21:19 It is better to live in a desert land than with a contentious and vexing woman.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Job

1 .) Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 .) Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 .) Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 .) Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

(Here in Bama, we call this "giving someone a big old cup of shut up juice......)

O

overcomer2

I Isaiah 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.