Fear or Being Pushed???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

adekruif

Has anyone ever felt pushed by God to do something? By pushed I don’t mean something you want to do, but something you don’t feel ready to do. I’m in a position right now where I don’t feel ready for something, but I feel like God doesn’t care that I don’t feel ready. Don’t get me wrong I’m not in any way trying to blame God saying HE is forcing me to do anything…HE knows best, period. I’m trying to decipher whether I feel pushed (and extremely nervous) or whether I feel genuinely afraid to start something. I know fear isn’t from God and if it is fear then obviously I shouldn’t act on anything, but if it is God “pushing” me then I really should do something.

You’re probably thinking it so I’ll just say it…Yes this is about a girl. I’ve talked with my mom about this girl for hours this past week asking about every question imaginable, but through all that I still don’t have a clear sense of fear/”being pushed”. I should also add that I haven't ever been in a true dating/courting/whatever you call it relationship...

I hope that all makes sense, it’s hard to explain how I feel right now.

J

Jullianna

Oh for crying out loud, adekruif, buy the girl a cup of coffee and leave your mother alone :D

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Actually I wasn't thinking that at all... Anyway bro, my advice to you is pray for direction and ask God, if He is 'pushing' you, then ask Him and He will make it clear for you. God bless

Feb 16, 2011
if you really believe jesus is pushing you to do something then you should do it. if you are not sure then don't do it. jesus does not expect you to do things in doubt. that is the opposite of faith. romans 14:23 "...for whatever is not of faith is sin."

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
if you really believe jesus is pushing you to do something then you should do it. if you are not sure then don't do it. jesus does not expect you to do things in doubt. that is the opposite of faith. romans 14:23 "...for whatever is not of faith is sin."

I agree with Jonathan :). When in doubt, don't.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
However....is this about asking a girl out on a date? Then nerves are natural and not necessarily a sign from God that you should not ask her out.

If that's the case, you're not asking her to get married , just a date....then I agree with Juliana...go get a cup of coffee with her :)

How will you ever know if you don't take that first step?

Or go on a 'group' date. Less pressure that way!

J

Jullianna

:) All teasing aside, if this girl has been on your mind enough for you to be talking about her with your mom for an extended period of time, seems like you should take the time to get to know her. Otherwise, you'll never know.

There are times when God isn't holding us back. We're holding ourselves back. :) TALK to the girl. You'll never know unless you do. You don't want to be "what iffing" later. :)

God bless :)

U

Ugly

You should try reading the story of Moses. He didn't want to head back to Egypt, get in his brothers face and say 'hand over the slaves or else'. Moses stuttered and had a fear of public speaking. God argued with Moses, and finally agreed to send his brother, Aaron with him to do all the talking so Moses could hide in the back, even though he was the center point for the display of Gods power. Moses said He wasn't ready.. God said 'trust me, i got this'. So, who's right? If i remember right, Moses did end up leading the slaves out of Egypt. Maybe God knows something after all...

J

Jullianna

LOL! Ugly, I was thinking the very same thing when I was typing my post :)

J

jimsun

From personal experience, I say you're not being pushed.
Advised? Yeh! Guided? Certainly!
Pushed? Nah!
J+

A

adekruif

Sorry for the slow responses...had a big test today.

Actually I wasn't thinking that at all... Anyway bro, my advice to you is pray for direction and ask God, if He is 'pushing' you, then ask Him and He will make it clear for you. God bless
I have been praying about it. I prayed about it for a bit before I even mentioned her to my mom. It would be really nice if I got a feeling one way or the other. It's like I'm in limbo right now. haha.

However....is this about asking a girl out on a date? Then nerves are natural and not necessarily a sign from God that you should not ask her out.

If that's the case, you're not asking her to get married , just a date....then I agree with Juliana...go get a cup of coffee with her :)

How will you ever know if you don't take that first step?

Or go on a 'group' date. Less pressure that way!
It's not nerveous about asking a girl out on a date. In fact I wasn't planning on asking her out on a date(right now) even if I felt like God was totally behind this. I really would like to befriend her before doing anything serious. And I totally know i won't ever know if I don't ever take that first step.

:) All teasing aside, if this girl has been on your mind enough for you to be talking about her with your mom for an extended period of time, seems like you should take the time to get to know her. Otherwise, you'll never know.

There are times when God isn't holding us back. We're holding ourselves back. :) TALK to the girl. You'll never know unless you do. You don't want to be "what iffing" later. :)

God bless :)
Thanks Jullianna! I really do want to get to know this girl, and I plan on doing this. I know God isn't holding me back on this, but i'm desperately trying to figure out why I don't feel comfortable. And about your first comment I totally laughed when I saw that....I figured somebody would say that. :)

From personal experience, I say you're not being pushed.
Advised? Yeh! Guided? Certainly!
Pushed? Nah!
J+
I wish I could say it's that clear to me. haha :)

I will keep praying and I know God will reveal it to me when the time is right. :D

U

Ugly

LOL! Ugly, I was thinking the very same thing when I was typing my post :)
Oh really? Ok, i take my answer back then. hahaha...kidding! Well, Julianna, as the saying goes.... great minds think alike...... and so do ours =D

J

Jullianna

Ugly :D:p

adekruif, I'm glad you get my humor. After I posted that, I was afraid you wouldn't :)