FEARS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay

What do you fear? I mean really fear. I know the scriptures tell
us NOT to fear on many occasions.

I am speaking of real honest to goodness fear of something you
never have gotten over. If anyone can explain to me what my fear
is about, I am going to share with you. Ready ?

I am fearful of water. I have gone in lakes, swimming pools, ocean,
with trepidation. I have to say I can't go over my head.
What causes fear of water ?

I dislike bridges. Oh, gosh, I hate long bridges over rivers, etc.
In Florida, I literally shut my eyes when we go over the Causeway.
The water lapping up nearly to the road, terrorizes me.

Am I alone ?

J

J-Kay

I forgot to tell you I used to dream for years since I was a young teen
I was always in a car and it went into the water and I was stuck in the
car and drowned. I don't have that dream anymore. I don't know exactly
when it ceased to be.

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
I used to fear so much. But now I finally trust in the Lord and so I don't think I have fears anymore. I am serious but this just happened with trusting in Him for everything. Like within the last 6 months.

I don't know exactly how I got to this point.

Dec 19, 2009

Am I alone ?
Do you know how to swim? If not, maybe that is why you have a fear of water.

S

savedandhopeful

Am I alone ?
Water....bridges because they go over water.....i almost have a panic attack if I know I have to go on a bridge

Dec 19, 2009
Water....bridges because they go over water.....i almost have a panic attack if I know I have to go on a bridge
I'll ask you the same thing - do you know how to swim? If not, maybe that is why you fear water.

taggerung

Apr 26, 2009
Dead stuff. Human Cadavers specifically. But worst of all, macabe things done with said corpses. Example: body worlds vital. (Google at your own risk) I have panic attacks from that stuff.

taggerung

Apr 26, 2009
Oops. Maybe it's called body works vital. Either way, google upon your own risk.

Aug 30, 2013
you serious? Scripture tells us over and over to fear the Lord..
“And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him! Luke 12:-4-5

C

colalella2891

I've had so many fears over the years... When I was a kid I choked on a piece of plastic that was in my food at McDonald's, so for some time I was afraid of choking. I wouldn't eat food that had small pieces to it (such as m&m's), so I stuck mostly to soft stuff. That lasted for a while...

Then at one point someone in my neighborhood got robbed. A burglar broke into their house. So then I was afraid that was going to happen to my family. I would constantly check to make sure the doors and windows were locked. I would stay up at night too because I was afraid someone would break in.

Let's see what else... A friend had his tonsils taken out, so I was afraid I had to have mine out. My uncle had his appendix taken out so I was afraid I had to have mine out because I would connect that with stomach cramps or pains. There's been a few others... When I was kid I was afraid to ride on roller coasters, but I conquered that fear. Lol they're fun. Well sort of conquered it... I won't go on the ones that go upside down... But maybe i'll get there. :)

Right now I have some stuff, like driving on freeways. I'm still working on that... I do drive on them but not during rush hour. I've heard so many stories of how people have been killed driving on the freeway. Friends of my mom's coworker were recently killed in a terrible accident on a freeway. There were 5 year old kids in the car, and they all died... Scary stuff.

Other fears include stuff like God's plans for my life not coming to pass because I go down a wrong path or make a wrong choice. I have to trust God to direct me though.

Lol i'm sure there are others that i'm forgetting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2013
The first fear I remember having was when I was quite young, after 9/11 happened I was really afraid of tall buildings because I thought they were 'moving' and were going to fall on me. I was legitimately terrified of the city! (This is really funny now, my family always teases me for it!) In my defense, I was only 5 when 9/11 happened... so I didn't understand it all at that time.

I used to be really afraid that I was going to get kidnapped or our house would get robbed or something.. (I don't really know how this fear came to be) so every night without fail I would ask mum and dad if the front door was locked, and if they said yes that was sort of like my comfort. So weird!

When I was a kid I used to fear being left in the car on my own too.. I specifically remember a time when mum was filling the car up up with petrol (or gas, for you Americans!) and she told me to stay in the car and I was so scared. I still don't know why!

Something that worries me now, something that I'm working on, is fear of the future. I often worry too much about it.. however I've definitely improved in this area. Learning to trust in the Lord above all else :)

D

danschance

I forgot to tell you I used to dream for years since I was a young teen
I was always in a car and it went into the water and I was stuck in the
car and drowned. I don't have that dream anymore. I don't know exactly
when it ceased to be.
Ask Jesus to help you get to the core reasons why you are afraid of water and bridges. Then ask him to remove the fear.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I am afraid that I don't truly love God... I am afraid in my heart I hate Jesus... I am afraid I am destined for hell...

May 15, 2013

Am I alone ?
There could be many possibilities; something could had happen when you were a child that had deeply traumatized you but you can't remember it, but your subconscious mind ( That record and stored all the memories of your life like your very own history book) remembers everything that your two eye has witnessed during your life. So deep in the subconscious recalled whatever had happened and which it trying to alert you what has happened but the signal are so vague that you are responding to what your subconscious mind remembered but your conscious mind isn't able to recall it and which it's leaving you confuse of not knowing why you are being alert to be cautious. But the Holy Spirit can open your mind to have you to remember in all sorts of ways if it is necessary.

John 14:26
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

2 Timothy 2:14
Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

Genesis 8:1
But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded.

J

J-Kay

Do you know how to swim? If not, maybe that is why you have a fear of water.

No. I don't swim. I can't relax ~ I know there is more to it. ~
May never know. I did think of being in the amniotic fluid in
my mothers womb and some issues she went through during
her pregnancy with me, and since the baby can pick up on
what goes on outside the womb, perhaps something happened
that struck me in the womb, and never let me go ? Just a thought.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
It can be fear of the unknown. I was afraid of heights, plains, tall water slides. I finally got passed the plane one by flying several times. Then last summer went to water park, we were on a huge water slide (looked awful from the ground)
lol, but i saw my 5 yr old grandson go down by himself, i was next, i set on the tube and it just took off with me, when i
hit the end it was like oh wow, if id known this id done it long ago,lol:)