Feel like sharing~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

maesha

Idols, idols everywhere. There are entire faiths that revolve around idols. Many religions (not 2 mention) are likely based upon idolatrous practices. As Christians we must be careful not to exalt people or things beyond what is healthy to our own conscience toward God.
1 Corinthians 10:14
“Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.” the Lord said.

Idolatry is an act of idolizing something or somebody, idol is something or somebody that is being idolized and idolizing is having inordinate affection or fear towards something or somebody. Kahit yung sobrang paghanga mo sa isang bagay, tao o kahit sa sarili mo are all part of it at ayaw ni LORD ng ganun. Unahin natin si GOD bago ang kung anong mga bagay at mag-aral ng kanyang salita

M

maesha

Luke 14:11
For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Matuto tayong magpakumbaba kahit ano pa ang katayuan natin sa buhay, dahil para sa Panginoon lahat tayo ay pantay pantay. Walang mataas walang mababa at walang mayaman walang mahirap.

M

maesha

I'm so blessed and so I wanted to share thoughts about God's word hehe :)

K

karenabanes

We need to be aware of such these things specially for all the Christians and don't be a slave of a worldly standards.
(''Set you minds on things above not on earthly things.'' Colossians 3:2)

Thanks for sharing Maesha!, May our God be with you :)

M

maesha

Wow, that's a good verse! thank you karen and God bless you! :)

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
There are faiths that mix idolatry with Christianity.
Most of the people involved with this aren't aware of what they're doing.
We need to be loving and patient with these people.

M

maesha

There are faiths that mix idolatry with Christianity.
Most of the people involved with this aren't aware of what they're doing.
We need to be loving and patient with these people.
Very true! People who are involved with it are unaware or they just don't pay attention of what they're doing. We still need to be loving to this people despite of the difference of our beliefs.

Feb 5, 2013
Nice topic...I have to bring this up again. Yes there are so many forms of Idolatry...not only worshiping dead saints...mama mary....statue but too much focus on television( both local artists and hollywood) is also form of idolatry. Lots of young people today are more focus on TV rather than the Word of God. The sad part is these idolatrous spirits have infiltrated even the mature in most churches. " Daniel padilla" ...."catherine bernardo"..."julia barreto"...angel locsin etc.. won't save you. these local artists are just leading you away from God. Stop this obsession right now in Jesus name!!

Listening worldly songs even love songs is also form of idolatry. Even watching korean novela...my sister is fan. I knw it's very hard to break the habit but if you are willing to stop..it can be stop through God's help.