Feel spiritual attack is coming from my own wife?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Michael86

Man I don't know if I just wanted to ignore the signs or I just had faith that I was doing the RIGHT/GODLY thing.

I got married I did feel as though my me and my wife loved each other but I've always had this weird suspicion that for some reason I would have to always be careful, watch my back with my OWN WIFE!

My wife doesn't come from a christian home necessarily I did however but I don't think any less for so many reasons, it's different tho she talks alot about being in contact, like seeing spirits etc. so I figure she has some obvious spiritual gift in discerning spirits and she has confirmed that she is saved and loves God which I do believe.

But I'm noticing something and today really creeped me out. She like fights me (comes against) so much, concerning very serious problems at that. If I say one thing like set a rule for our home (for example) she fights me on it (not rules like I'm some master lol no things like concerning our kid I am being fought on it. I figure she wants control so I talk to her about it and she just goes around it never dealing with the issue but bringing other things that she doesn't like so we can't ever come to an agreement, like she doesn't want to bend at all, mind you it was NOT this way before marriage, it's like she is someone totally different. I promise you I am the same person I was when we first met, I change persons for no one.
We just had counseling a month ago concerning somethings that was tearing us apart, she calmed down for a couple weeks and started it right back up.
I just don't know what more to do. Today she shocked the crap out of me because what she had to say I'd never expect it to come from her, but my own wife is like seeming to want to tear her own husband down & admittedly that hurts.
I feel like she is dealing with some sort of witch spirit, rebellion or something and all I can think to do is pray pray pray right now because more than anything it made me upset with satan because I refuse to let evil have my home......at the same time is it worth fighting for if indeed my Wife is influenced by an evil spirit, because we have talked, talked and talked, we've prayed together, counseled and she just won't bend, and doesn't see that I only want the best and fight to make sure my family is progressive and to see these things I'm seeing trips me out. I'm not a perfect guy I do try to live right tho......I do not allow unGodly activities in my home etc so not sure what this is all about, point I feel so attacked, and feel that it's coming from my own Wife :/

God I love her man and I don't wanna lose her, crazy about my wife what should I do people of God?

presidente

May 29, 2013
The flesh can be the source of some nasty stuff as well. How long have you been married? Some married couples experience a power struggle. Sometimes this is the result of the wife wanting to be in control. If she was used to making most of her own decisions and then she gets married and has someone else involved, that can be a tough adjustment. Do keep praying.

Does she go to church now? Does she pray, read the Bible, and seek God?

U

Ugly

Man I don't know if I just wanted to ignore the signs or I just had faith that I was doing the RIGHT/GODLY thing.

I got married I did feel as though my me and my wife loved each other but I've always had this weird suspicion that for some reason I would have to always be careful, watch my back with my OWN WIFE!

My wife doesn't come from a christian home necessarily I did however but I don't think any less for so many reasons, it's different tho she talks alot about being in contact, like seeing spirits etc. so I figure she has some obvious spiritual gift in discerning spirits and she has confirmed that she is saved and loves God which I do believe.

But I'm noticing something and today really creeped me out. She like fights me (comes against) so much, concerning very serious problems at that. If I say one thing like set a rule for our home (for example) she fights me on it (not rules like I'm some master lol no things like concerning our kid I am being fought on it. I figure she wants control so I talk to her about it and she just goes around it never dealing with the issue but bringing other things that she doesn't like so we can't ever come to an agreement, like she doesn't want to bend at all, mind you it was NOT this way before marriage, it's like she is someone totally different. I promise you I am the same person I was when we first met, I change persons for no one.
We just had counseling a month ago concerning somethings that was tearing us apart, she calmed down for a couple weeks and started it right back up.
I just don't know what more to do. Today she shocked the crap out of me because what she had to say I'd never expect it to come from her, but my own wife is like seeming to want to tear her own husband down & admittedly that hurts.
I feel like she is dealing with some sort of witch spirit, rebellion or something and all I can think to do is pray pray pray right now because more than anything it made me upset with satan because I refuse to let evil have my home......at the same time is it worth fighting for if indeed my Wife is influenced by an evil spirit, because we have talked, talked and talked, we've prayed together, counseled and she just won't bend, and doesn't see that I only want the best and fight to make sure my family is progressive and to see these things I'm seeing trips me out. I'm not a perfect guy I do try to live right tho......I do not allow unGodly activities in my home etc so not sure what this is all about, point I feel so attacked, and feel that it's coming from my own Wife :/

God I love her man and I don't wanna lose her, crazy about my wife what should I do people of God?
This behavior doesn't require a 'witch spirit' (whatever that is). Its called human nature. When my dad married his first wife, things before the marriage were fine. Before they even arrived at the honeymoon she changed, for the worse. She became loud, mean and verbally abusive. She was never happy, constantly complained.She was also very controlling. He eventually divorced her. This change took place in the time between leaving the wedding and arriving at the honeymoon destination. Obviously she kept her true self hidden. She did not suddenly get a 'witch spirit'. She was just a miserable person that wanted the people around her to feel as bad as she did.
Sounds like your wife either suffered a very bad childhood, and may not have shared this with you. Or, perhaps, has a sociopath type personality that allows them to mask who they truly are. Lastly there may have been signs that you missed. Some people just do not have the skills to pick up on things. This may be you.
This isn't to say that satan isn't utilizing what's already there, but to blame it on a 'witch spirit' as opposed to putting it on her doesn't mesh.

J

Jordache

We wrestle or with flesh and with blood... But also I will reiterate what was said before. We have three enemies and to assign blame to the wrong one means we never fight the right flight. To be honest, your wife sounds like a pretty average woman. And whether you like it or not, people change after they marry, and I'm sure you have and may not see it. To assume this is an evil spirit is over spiritualizing, and its giving the blame to something which is not involved. These are not uncommon circumstances. Now if your wife pierced voodoo doll everytime you said she needs to wash dishes, or painted a pentagram on your wall, it'd be a different story. But settle down and realize this is just general marital strife. My recommendation is more counseling. One or two sessions is not going out it. Also consider how you may be blowing this way out of proportion and how she views the whole situation.

Z

zaoman32

Ugly and Jordache covered it pretty well. The only thing I'm going to add is, have you looked in the mirror? You can assign blame on her all you want, and she may very well deserve it, but the fact is, your role as spiritual leader and husband according to the bible has nothing to do with her behavior, it has to do with yours. Love your wife as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. You've been praying a lot, continue to, and read your bible as well looking for examples of Christs love for the church, and how you can apply that in your marriage.

Also, I want to add that attributing an evil spirit to your wife could quite possibly be the worse thing you can do for your marriage, all it's going to do is cause enmity, division, and bitterness, which is exactly what the devil wants, so knock it off now.

E

eavila

i believe this a forum of helping, from what i see it may seem like you might be throwing yourself to much into the religion and thats ok im not trying to say THAT IS what is wrong but i felt through personal experience that sometimes i would over think situations, i would call out evil when there was no evil just confusion. it may also be that this is new territory for you. i dont want to discourage you and i praise you for even wanting to talk about it because we all have things that we want to talk about but dont know about how to go about it. Maybe you have done something and now its very hard to forgive yourself or maybe she has done something that she wants forgiveness in but does not want to feel like she is condemned and does not know how to talk about it and feel that if she does she wont have a calm reaction to it, sometimes we are afraid to come out with the truth and thats what i feel from this. most of the time arguments are cause really by older unresolved issues that we hide deep down sometimes hoping someone will dig them up for us. i hope i was able to help in some sort of way but do not get discouraged for the lord works in mysterious ways :)

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Everyone, even Christians, can be influenced by demons. Even you. So it's right that we all look into the deepest parts of our hearts for that fallen nature that can harm us.

Continue with Christian counseling.

She may be rebelling against some things but also, are you having a dictatorial attitude? My husband can pretty much talk me into anything if he does it the right way :). He also listens to me and considers my thoughts as well as what is right for the family. Sometimes, I'm out-voted but he does care about what I think and that consideration is what makes 'submission' easy for me....usually ;).

The teaching on submission needs to be in conjunction with the teaching of 'loving your wife like the church'. That does not mean giving her everything she wants, of course, but it is a sacrificial, wise, and considerate love. When husband and wife learn to love and sacrifice for each other, that's when the marriage and family life really work as God intended.

D

danschance

That sounds like she is dealing with a Jezebel spirit. Jezebel seeks to control , manipulate and dominate. Jezebel also uses witchcraft. She tries take authority she does not have. Go online and research this spirit. The way for a woman to get free from it is to starve it from the things it wants. Show her how her behavior is harmful for your child and marriage. Ask her if that is what she really wants? She needs to see that domination, manipulation and control are not Christian virtues.

Pray and ask God to reveal this spirit to her. To expose this demon and it's intent. By books or print info from the web on this and let her read about it.

When she goes against your God given authority, ask God to correct her. Don't be angry or bitter with her as she is being victimized by this spirit as you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 31, 2011
If you are dealing with an evil spirit there is absolutely nothing you can do as a human to handle it. It is only Christ who can control this, and you must be cleansed of your sin and have the Holy Spirit as your guide in order to be used to help her. If you try to reason with her without Christ you will be harmed. Christ has authority over this, you don't.

A

AprilAngel

That sounds like she is dealing with a Jezebel spirit. Jezebel seeks to control , manipulate and dominate. Jezebel also uses witchcraft. She tries take authority she does not have. Go online and research this spirit. The way for a woman to get free from it is to starve it from the things it wants. Show her how her behavior is harmful for your child and marriage. Ask her if that is what she really wants? She needs to see that domination, manipulation and control are not Christian virtues.

Pray and ask God to reveal this spirit to her. To expose this demon and it's intent. By books or print info from the web on this and let her read about it.

When she goes against your God given authority, ask God to correct her. Don't be angry or bitter with her as she is being victimized by this spirit as you are.
Personally, Ive never read of a jezebel spirit in the bible...explain? I was just reading the thread and saw this and am confused.

OP, definetely continue with Christian Counseling if your wife will keep going with you. Sometimes it helps to have a 3rd party evaluate though they of course can't give definitive answers, though obviously you know that :)

I can tell you that my father was this way when my mom married him (they were and are both athiests, so the "christian values" don't apply to this situation, but in general I can say that my fathers attitude changed from funny to fierce, overnight. He began being abusive, but my mother loved (still loves) him. So she stayed, even more so after they had kids. I suppose my point is, some people can hide things, which is not good. Continue to pray for her, as I'm sure everyone here is aswell.

Best of luck to you!!

D

danschance

Personally, Ive never read of a jezebel spirit in the bible...explain? I was just reading the thread and saw this and am confused.

OP, definetely continue with Christian Counseling if your wife will keep going with you. Sometimes it helps to have a 3rd party evaluate though they of course can't give definitive answers, though obviously you know that :)

I can tell you that my father was this way when my mom married him (they were and are both athiests, so the "christian values" don't apply to this situation, but in general I can say that my fathers attitude changed from funny to fierce, overnight. He began being abusive, but my mother loved (still loves) him. So she stayed, even more so after they had kids. I suppose my point is, some people can hide things, which is not good. Continue to pray for her, as I'm sure everyone here is aswell.

Best of luck to you!!
The bible does not list every name of every demon. In fact, the bible only mentions a few demons by name. That fact that the bible does not say "Jezebel Demon" does not disprove it's existence. It is a common demon often found in deliverance ministries.

I myself was delivered of this demon. This demon specifically hindered my marriage by preventing me from showing love and romance to my wife. If you want to learn more of this demon there are many books, web pages and YouTube videos on it.

A

AprilAngel

The bible does not list every name of every demon. In fact, the bible only mentions a few demons by name. That fact that the bible does not say "Jezebel Demon" does not disprove it's existence. It is a common demon often found in deliverance ministries.

I myself was delivered of this demon. This demon specifically hindered my marriage by preventing me from showing love and romance to my wife. If you want to learn more of this demon there are many books, web pages and YouTube videos on it.
ooohh ok ok I see :p

D

danschance

The bible does list traits of Jezebel in the bible and the Jezebel spirit does display the same traits. Manipulation, control and even witchcraft are amoung them.

The way this demon worked on me is that my emotional feels of love , romance and emotional intimacy were compartmentalized and locked up, so to speak. I became free of this spirit suddenly and my personality changed. I found myself crying thru "chick flicks". I became very romantic. I started texting my wife with messages that ended with "I love you", "I miss you" and tender things like that. I didn't tell her anything about how I got free of this demon but she knew right away that something was really different with Dan. She came home one day and stared at me like I was a complete stranger. She was completely mystified by the new me.

Where as before, I couldn't find the words to express love. I was emotionally cold, aloof and insensitive to her needs. The sudden change in me was stark, like the difference between night and day, at least in terms of how I related to my wife.

J

Jesus4chantal

Shame I hear your concern. You seem very frustrated about how your wife responds by shouting and becomming so irrational about everything. I would also think she is possessed if this carried on to long. But she is not posessed, she is taking advantage of your kind and soft spoken nature, I think she saw this before you got married and knew she would be able to take advantage of you after the marriage. I bet your the one who recommended counceling. I just have to say you sound like a great guy and a good father keep up the good work and don't give up on your wife, she will change and cool down a bit in time with age I'm shore. Don't stop counceling.She is lucky to have you, other men who are not so nice would take a different approach to the way you handle things, keep praying for your wife to submit to God. If she loves God she will repsect your point of views aswell and submit as a wife should and be a good listener...Be blessed ,to a good father

presidente

May 29, 2013
I've just been thinking about this post again. Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. (It doesn't say it is witchcraft, but 'as' it.) So it's nothing to sneeze at. But the kind of stuff in the OP is fairly common in marriage. Even a woman who generally lives a godly life could do and say some of the types of things in the post on a bad day.

I've done a little 'men's movement' reading. I got interested in it through a Christian site. There are some sites that aren't very healthy reading, though. The manosphere is made up a variety of sites, Christian conservative sites on marriage and society, pick up artists sites that tell how to manipulate women into fornicating, and men's rights sites that point out the unfair way men are treated in divorce and the problems of feminism. You have to be careful what you read. But there are some interesting insights into how to treat women on men's sites.

Some of the argumentative language your wife uses may fall into the 'fitness test' category. They usually use another word besides 'fitness' on these websites that starts with an s and refers to bodily waste. A wife who asks you to do something unreasonable may be fitness testing you. Say you told her she needs to stop carrying that giant diaper bag of a purse around and just carry what she needs so she won't get tired. You're shopping, and she gives you her giant pink purse, asking you to hold it in the middle of the mall while thousands of people you know from your town walk by. She knows you hate being asked to watch her purse. If you do what she wants, she lose some respect for you. You think you are being nice, but she loses respect for you (and maybe attraction) for not standing up to her. If you can't stand up to her, how can you protect her. And she may not test you on purpose. It could be some underlying emotional thing that she doesn't realize.

If your wife gets upset about something unreasonable, and you find yourself placating her, apologizing when you didn't do anything wrong, she may lose a measure of respect for you for being such a wuss and not setting her straight about the way she's acting. You may think she should appreciate your being nice and humble.

If she says argumentative things, there are different ways to handle it. One is to deflect argumentative comments. For example, if she accuses you of something, you agree in an exaggerated, mildly sarcastic way. You can also confront her seriously about her behavior. For example, if she say something harsh and cruel to you, you can point out what Jesus said about name-calling in Matthew 5. If she yells at you, you can tell her if she wants to talk to you, to talk to you in a calm, civilized manner like an adult. If she doesn't refuse to engage. Leave the room or leave the house until she talks without yelling. Avoiding conversations when she's in a heated mood can be a way to avoid unnecessary arguments.

You should be willing to talk with her about all kinds of marital topics, but only if the conversation is done in a right way, without screaming, name-calling, or disrespect. Don't let her suck you in to emotional arguments that no nowhere.

You should be kind to your wife and you should speak kindly to your wife. But if she's not 'following the rules' for the relationship, you don't need to let her have the satisfaction of being heard. By not following the rules I mean disrespectful behaviors like name-calling, yelling, and unreasonable argumentativeness. Sometimes men think they are being good by being 'nice', trying to placate their wives, accepting blame when it isn't theirs. But the funny thing is that some wives act like this, but lose respect with their husbands for being too 'nice.' They think they want their husbands to be 'nice', but when it happens, they don't respect their husbands as much.

With our children, if we let them treat us with disrespect, we aren't doing a good job with parenting. And it's not just kids. A boss who would allow employees to treat him with disrespect may find that some employees will lose respect for him and treat him disrespectfully. People need some boundaries. It isn't unloving to provide them, in a loving way.

Some wives are just really respectful. Some wives embrace submission or just seem to submit naturally. Other wives need a little help. You can help by teaching her the word and living it out. Pray together and submit decisions to the Lord. But you can also create an environment in the home which is conducive toward her treating her husband with respect, and make it a bit unpleasant for her if she is disrespectful (e.g. she doesn't get heard, etc.)

J

Jesus4chantal

I am married to a dominant partner and its not fun at all. I am perminantly being shouted at, given dirty looks, tormented, being compared to others etc. This is a everyday thing for thirteen years, I will not get a divorce. I just avoid the conflict. I avoid going out with my husband and if I do I have my special guard up I don't say much when we are out. We go to the gym at different times because he treats me really mean infront of people. I mostly go out on my own or with my son. This is when I have peace of mind and can communicate well with people around me, without being shouted at....find ways to avoid the conflict