feeling confused.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 11, 2015
Facebook. A girl we got fired yesterday for something she said on Facebook. She explained that something that was said offended someone and the women put it on our business website. At first I thought my boss was hinting at political stuff since she herself is against Trump and all of us are for him. So i agreed that we needed to be careful what we put on there. But as she was talking i got to thinking does she mean religion and biblical beliefs too. I didnt say anything but it scares that I may have agreed to not speak of Jesus. I dont want to deny him. Do you think its necessary that i explain to my boss that i know what she meant but i cant agree to not speak of Jesus.

U

Ultimatum77

My general rule is to not have a Facebook/social media if possible b/c it does more harm than good imo.....Facebook is a waste of time for me personally......

I would use a facebook profile for your work (made for yourself) and keep your other account of /personal facebook (off the grid/high privacy settings)....this would avoid any conflict in the workplace....just my suggestion....

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Is this about stuff you would put on your personal Facebook page?

N

NewWine

While I doubt she would fire you for religious type posts, in today's age, I would say clarify things with her if it's important to you to continue to use facebook. If facebook is not that important to you, then I wouldn't worry about it, and if she says anything about your posts, simply delete the posts. It's facebook, not person-to-person contact anyways. I'd think the job is more important than a social media site.
Anyways, that's what I would do. Peace

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Agreeing not to speak about Jesus, is NOT the same as denying Him. To deny him, you'd have to pull a Peter and say "I don't know him".. Or, in other words, deny that Jesus exists or ever did exist.. IMO, Fakebook is just plain evil. People post everything on there--when they have sex, how many times they went potty that day, etc.. lol

H

HisHolly

Facebook is a gossip mill. I quit using it years ago.
You need Jesus, and your job. Facebook is an option. I can't see why it's Jesus you'd cut before deleting your account.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
I dislike Facebook, I have an account due to the course I am studying on as when we started a course group was set up to fascilitate communication. It is wise to be discrete on facebook, in regards to work. If you are critical of work or say you have a bad day is it wise if your boss sees it. I am training to become a Physician Associate and we have to behave in a professional manner even when away from work could loose our job if we have pictures of us getting drunk on face book etc. Oh I don't get drunk. We are told to be as wise as serpents but as gentle as doves.

Dec 19, 2009
Facebook. A girl we got fired yesterday for something she said on Facebook. She explained that something that was said offended someone and the women put it on our business website. At first I thought my boss was hinting at political stuff since she herself is against Trump and all of us are for him. So i agreed that we needed to be careful what we put on there. But as she was talking i got to thinking does she mean religion and biblical beliefs too. I didnt say anything but it scares that I may have agreed to not speak of Jesus. I dont want to deny him. Do you think its necessary that i explain to my boss that i know what she meant but i cant agree to not speak of Jesus.
I don’t think it’s your boss’s business what you post on Facebook as long as you’re not talking about the company you work for. That doesn’t mean they won’t try to fire you, though, if they don’t like what you post. I think I’d sit down and have a talk with my boss about that.

Jan 27, 2015
Yes it is. She said to for us to becareful what we put on there.
Well if it's your own personal page, as opposed to a page that is designated for that business, then I don't see why you can't put what you want on there, granted you're not posting threats. Most things people post, even if pointless or wastes of time, are benign.

I'd say talk to your boss about what is considered acceptable types of posts and then take it from there, without backing down from your conviction that you must not be silent about Jesus if the convo goes in that direction.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Facebook is just like anything else it can be used for good or evil. I personally enjoy it. I have many friends, but all profess Jesus Christ as their savior, so therefore all that comes thru is Christian stuff & politics.:eek:

Dec 19, 2009
Facebook is just like anything else it can be used for good or evil. I personally enjoy it. I have many friends, but all profess Jesus Christ as their savior, so therefore all that comes thru is Christian stuff & politics.:eek:
And politics. I get a lot of that from both sides of the aisle.

Feb 28, 2016
Jesus has led Hubby and I not to partake, and from what we have heard,
and read on here, and discerned, we fall on our knees in thankfulness...

L

Lordsetmeapart

Well if you are that concerned I would just pray about it but to be honest most people make both personal and business profiles for social media and if you are not using the social media for business purposes then just make it so that nobody who isn't accepted as a friend can see anything you post etc. It's just good practice in my opinion and If God wants you to say something to somebody at work he will show you how and make a way. Basically i think your boss is just trying to keep it professional by keeping all personal things off of the specific work facebook? I would say nothing to your boss about religion because he/she will probably just say be careful with it as a default response. Noone knows what anyone might post and people can get heated.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Denying Jesus is basically you saying you're not christian and you don't know him. I say clarify with your boss what can you write before you do something you'll regret

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
I feel led to share this Scripture

DANIEL 6:10 Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

at the same time, each situation is different...

O Lord, please give wisdom to my sister Acr96 for this situation.

Sep 3, 2016
Those people belong to this world, so they speak from the world's viewpoint, and the world listens to them.

But we belong to God, and those who know God listen to us. If they do not belong to God, they do not listen to us. That is how we know if someone has the Spirit of truth or the spirit of deception. 1 John 4:5-6[SUB][/SUB]

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Facebook is a gossip mill. I quit using it years ago.
You need Jesus, and your job. Facebook is an option. I can't see why it's Jesus you'd cut before deleting your account.
Can you delete your account? I didn't think it was possible.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
We DO live in a world where speaking about your religious convictions CAN get you fired.

That is just the reality of the world we live in.

However, I doubt that God measures your sincerity by what you post on Facebook.
:)
The content of your FB page is a personal and professional decision... but I don't think your FB page determines your standing with God.

In fact... I know this is controversial... but... I don't think God even has a Facebook page!

proverbs35

Nov 10, 2012
1. As someone else mentioned, make your Facebook page private so your employer can't read it.

2. Legally, an employer is not suppose to fire an employee over religion. That's religious discrimination, and there are laws against that in America.

Facts About Religious Discrimination. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits employers from discriminating against individuals because of their religion (or lack of religious belief) in hiring, firing, or any other terms and conditions of employment.

https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/publications/fs-religion.cfm

If your employer fires you because of your religion, you can sue them and/or file a free complaint about it with the EEOC.

The only downside is that these things can be hard to prove. Unfortunately, the victims have to prove that they were fired for religious reasons instead some legit reasons like negligence, incompetence or insubordination.