Feeling Down? Lost? Like No One Cares?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Feeling Down? Lost ? Like you have nothing to live for ?

David was experiencing what he thought was the worst day of his life, went into a restaurant to eat, and had no intention of speak to or be around anyone. The hostess set David in a section that was completely empty. The waitress came over to bring David his silverware and water and his normal fashion, he started right in with being a jerk. The waitress and David bantered back and forth for about 20 minutes, both thoroughly frustrated with the other. For some reason, David felt the need in his heart to start being nice to the waitress. Seeing that there was no one else in her section, he asked her to join him and have a cup of coffee and a piece of pie. At this point, the lady had not felt the need to be nice back to him. However, after about 15 minutes of convincing, she joined him. During their conversation, David realized that what seemed to be the worst day of his life, did not compare to last six months of hell that this lady had been through. She had lost both her son and daughter in an accident and her husband had died of cancer – all within a six month period. They chatted for about an hour more until another customer arrived and was sat in her section. David took a napkin and wrote this note that basically said:
“Little do you know the power your words had on my heart today. They changed my heart from feeling self pity to feeling grateful for the life that I have had.”
David’s bill came to around $20 for his meal. As he left, he put a $100 bill and a business card with his check. About two weeks later, he received a small cardboard box in his office. With absolute excitement, he opened the box to see what was inside. As he opened the tiny box, he found tucked inside, a napkin with a note written on it. The note basically said:
“Little do you know the power of your words and the random act of kindness you showed this old woman today. I felt like no one cared about me and my situation. After you left the restaurant, I had a new appreciation for life and wanted to live it more than ever. I must admit that before you came in this was not the case. I had been planning to commit suicide that evening after work, but your kind words and generous act has changed the direction of this old woman’s life. I’m sorry I do not have anything better to give you than what is at the bottom of the box you just received.”
As David looked in the bottom of the box, he found a .45 bullet.
So, reflecting back on all of the things leading up to this day, he really began to appreciate what he had been given. David began to realize that he had not been thankful enough for all the gifts that he had received in his life.

[ONE SPARK FOUNDATION]

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I was feeling down this morning but God spoke to me through a friend and now I feel uplifted and believe that I have a chance today to make a difference. God is Love and shows and has shown the face of what true love in Him looks like. It is a portrait that He has painted in my thoughts and it is felt deep inside of my heart. It is beautiful.

J

J-Kay-2

I was feeling down this morning but God spoke to me through a friend and now I feel uplifted and believe that I have a chance today to make a difference. God is Love and shows and has shown the face of what true love in Him looks like. It is a portrait that He has painted in my thoughts and it is felt deep inside of my heart. It is beautiful.

It is a blessing you had a friend to be there for you "tourist." God places people in our
life for a season and for a time such as this. Some will always be there, some won't. I
am so glad yours was. God bless you ~ J~K~2