Feeling guilty and hurt

• Thread starter christian4ever21
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

christian4ever21

Ever since I graduated high school. I have been reflecting my high school years over and over again. I had a really tough time in high school. I was bullied by people that took advantage of my kindness to try to get me down to their level. Well instead of sticking up for myself I would take it to heart and get extremely hurt . I tried showing kindness and forgiveness to those who were cruel to me. But it seems my patience was getting pushed too much. Just so you guys know I was actually a really pretty girl, Blonde hair, skinny, and a very nice girl. And the girls that would try to cause problems and say nasty things to me were either overweight or sleezy. But anyways moving on, I learned to stick up for myself and have a backbone but I keep living in the past. Like thinking I should have said something back and I can't seem to move on. I just need to refocus because im not getting anywhere if I keep thinking about the past.

S

showgrace

it happens to a lot of people .the key is to fouces on CHRIST you have eternity to look forward to .The time on this earth is a mist nothing compared to the next life you have inherited the Kingdom of GOD you have eternal life .so much to look foward to you see satan comes to still kill and destroy he attacks our minds wants us to think of our past keep people down wants them to fouces on something that cant be changed.My friend it happens to us all i wish i could have done things deferent but the way we learn is in life experiance so dont worry its ok Take it to JESUS he will help you to move on may the Lord bless you I will keep you in my prayers

J

JamieU

Well, first things hello, my names Jamie, i hope your feeling a bit better within yourself now. I had the same thing with my school. It is not a bad thing that happened, you see things in school were tough because people had maturity levels of bad curry. So yeah you would of got called and got bullied like i did. I was the classrooms own entertainment as they slashed away my heart everyday. I forgive people tried talking to them, they did it again and more than once i have forgave them again. i am a very kind person as yourself. This is not bad, actually this is a kind of person God wants you to be. Have you ever thought about pacifism? Would you fight back if someone hit you, i know i wouldnt so i am a pacifist. People just call you cause ever there jealous or because they don't like you being different towards them. Take this over your head and become a unique individual. Meaning that you should appreciate you being the kind one, trying to be nice but getting put down.. Move on from that like i did, i know theres gunna be alot more situations that sare going to remind you of that, it happens to me. Keep strong and know that deep down that you are the better person because you do not go round insulting people and putting them down about thereselves. To me that is a far better person than being a low loife that all can do is insult people to get friends. You will get better friends because your kind, you won't get friends that are bad because your not the one to criticize or decieve. Keep strong and if you can't take it anymore, talk to God about it, never change your personality for anyone, even if it has brought you no good, it will do in the end and you will be happy, Salvation

S

Subtronik

Let go of the past. It can only keep you spiritually sick.

If you need a good cry to let it go, do so. Been there, done that, it works.

We lean on God for all our human shortcomings.

J

JesusIsReal

Bondaged in Cirumcstances?

It seems like you really want to get away, but some form of Bond has been made in some Circumstances in your Past, these Bonds causes the Imagination and Thoughts of Man to continually Replay certain aspects of the Past, then you see, hear, even can remember the smell in some Cases, you can manipulate these imaginations so that the outcome would be either to your advantage or even a "Correction" on your own part, many people till this day say -man i should of reacted this way-

Satan makes these Desires really Temptfull wenn you give Head and Find pleasure creating different kind of outcomes in you Imagination wich could of been applied in your past life and memories.

Wenn you start to resist, and choose not to desire to change any aspect of your past, but your sins, then Satan will slowly but surely depart from you, but now and then try and tempt you again.

Wenn you learned to resist the Thoughts or Replays and Manipulations of the Past, then you may Kneel down and Truely speak to the Lord about Forgiveness.

I went, even till this day go through the same thing, a Man in my Youth Humiliated me infront of ALOTE of Friends, till this day i imagine how it could of ended, what i should of done ect....but i learned to let it be and and continually speak with Jesus Christ about instead of being Caught in my Mind and Imaginations.

R

Ronin

Forgive and Forget its not as easy as it sounds.....But to carry all that guilt around is detremental to your soul and yes anger refering to them as overweight and scummy. Their sins should not put a load on your soul, on the contrary just Pray for thier Forgivness by Our Merciful Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus. And Forgive them and see them as thier anger is a reflection on them as in someways broken and your forgivness of thier actions is a reflection of Christ in you. Just a thought....

U

Ugly

I'd say just train yourself to replace those thoughts that bring you down with good thoughts. When you feel that coming on you having something, or some things memorized that you can say to yourself to replace the negative thoughts. Scripture is probably ideal, but a song lyric or quotation or anything that helps is good. You can have multiple things. So when that thought or feeling comes on you, tell yourself 'no, i'm not going to think that' and then quote the things you have selected. If you're alone do it out loud.

K

Kooper

It's in the past. It's no longer a problem. That was yesterday. You tried. You did good. Continue to look to God. I seriously doubt He wants you looking away from Him.