feeling let down

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

anchor82

I went on vacation from a years worth of full-time ministry. I do this every year since I've been in it. I prayed for God to open up the door for where to go, and He did. I started my vacation off with an injury and almost did not get on the plane, but because I am non-stop serving, I NEEDED this vacation. So my friend and I went, but realized our need to slow down on this trip. We enjoyed so much, had some challenges along the way. Then the unthinkable happened, my cell phone got stolen. I realized it happened within ONE MINUTE. All the pictures from my vacation, pictures of clients I work with, worship songs I've recorded over 5 years.....GONE. We spent our last day of vacation searching through trash and bushes to see where the thief may have ditched it. We spent a few hours at the police station nearby and I even went there early in the morning the next day before our flight. We prayed for this man or woman, a prayer of forgiveness but also that this would be returned to me. Since coming home from vacation, I've been so sick I couldn't go to work for two days. Lots of changes at my job since I left for 5 days....so many changes that I know I need to leave.

I am worn out....I feel robbed of the few days of peace I was supposed to have. The memories will always be there but all of that information I lost....I'm praying for a miracle to happen. It's unlikely to most, but I keep praying even in my state of complete sickness where I barely have energy to get up.

It's not about the material possession.....it's about the memories and the time robbed subsequently.

heartbroken.

J

JDecree

Maybe the person who stole it will be saved as a result of what was on your phone. You never know :)

Nov 30, 2013
I went on vacation from a years worth of full-time ministry. I do this every year since I've been in it. I prayed for God to open up the door for where to go, and He did. I started my vacation off with an injury and almost did not get on the plane, but because I am non-stop serving, I NEEDED this vacation. So my friend and I went, but realized our need to slow down on this trip. We enjoyed so much, had some challenges along the way. Then the unthinkable happened, my cell phone got stolen. I realized it happened within ONE MINUTE. All the pictures from my vacation, pictures of clients I work with, worship songs I've recorded over 5 years.....GONE. We spent our last day of vacation searching through trash and bushes to see where the thief may have ditched it. We spent a few hours at the police station nearby and I even went there early in the morning the next day before our flight. We prayed for this man or woman, a prayer of forgiveness but also that this would be returned to me. Since coming home from vacation, I've been so sick I couldn't go to work for two days. Lots of changes at my job since I left for 5 days....so many changes that I know I need to leave.

I am worn out....I feel robbed of the few days of peace I was supposed to have. The memories will always be there but all of that information I lost....I'm praying for a miracle to happen. It's unlikely to most, but I keep praying even in my state of complete sickness where I barely have energy to get up.

It's not about the material possession.....it's about the memories and the time robbed subsequently.

heartbroken.
Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass when the Lord commandeth it not. Lamentation 3:37

U

Ugly

When you get your replacement phone you may want to consider a type of cloud storage backup such as https://www.dropbox.com/. You install it on your phone and laptop/desktop/tablet and copy important items you want saved in the event your phone crashes, breaks or gets stolen. This way all you have to do is sign in on your other device and everything you put in Dropbox (or other cloud backup) will be backed up.

R

Raine

Don't feel so down... I know what it's like to lose memorable and hard work stuff... But be filled with joy knowing that God allowed you to have those experiences in the first place. And those memories are stored in the mind and the heart. They can never be stolen from you.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord Jesus give your understanding, and help him to know more about you, so that all the darkness be gone, Amen.

J

jkalyna

There's a deep spiritual meaning that the Lord speaks, before the vacation, during, and after. Being tired in the spirit, is a wonderful opportunity to be attacked, physically tired, and*spiritually*feeling defeated. Pray and let the Holy Spirit show you what is going on, and what to do.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
This is obviously one of those times that calls for endurance. Endurance is not a passive thing. It is an active, energetic resistance to being defeated that allows calm to be present. You who are in ministry know the value of resting in His presence to be refreshed. So now rest....